Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011
I AM A MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW ROADS WORK

The Age has him being arrested and released without charge pending further inquiries.

Jaeger is Mark Coughlan Mark 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

One thing I'm really looking forward to in the womens comp is the improved skill level. The regular comp last year had some pretty piss poor skills because of all the pro athletes that weren't really footballers. Ugly up and under kicks that went 25 meters. But the all star game later in the year was an absolute pearler, and it really showed the level the comp can rise to once it's predominantly filled with actual footballers and not fly by night athletes.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The opinion of some of the better girls at my club is that the size 4 is bad and no good anyway

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Toby 'Ironbar' Greene

I am holidaying in the states and part of my motivation was to escape the summer heat

5 degrees in Portland right now, feels pretty good. BTW it's somehow even more hipster than I expected but it's pretty wonderful and actually has way less homeless people than other major cities.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

harperdc posted:

Thatís funny, I keep hearing from family and friends back home there that thereís a massive homeless problem and it just keeps getting worse. Enjoy Portland though

Portland aint got poo poo on LA or San Francisco. Literal human excrement on the street in SF, and I mean literal in the old fashioned sense of the word where actual human beings are forced to poop in the street.

I would rate Portland as only marginally worse than Melbourne.

EDIT: Less homeless than other AMERICAN cities

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at Jan 20, 2018 around 05:18

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The secondary channels get way less ratings overall and it will definitely have an impact on the potential ratings of the AFLW. Channel 7 probably want to see if the ladies games ratings hold up on last year, and if so, are the projections enough to justify putting it on the main channel or would they be better off playing old reruns of Frasier.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

We remember the seamless introduction of the then Colonial Stadium

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Between watching Melbourne games and being surrounded by rich young Tories every week I don't get why MUYB does it

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The standard is WAY higher than last season

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Chemist Warehouse ad is exactly as poo poo as it was last season tho

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was a huge improvement from rd 1 2017 idk what you are all complaining about

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

48 new posts! Wow a coach must have been sacked or Toby Greene murdered a prostitute or

oh Melbourne played a game

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm looking forward to the trapeze segments myself

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

drunkill posted:

Carlton ontop of the ladder. Awww yiss.

Crows premiership hangover best premiership hangover

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The park that is currently there is a popular and much used dog park

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Testekill posted:

What I want to know is why don't they just put effort into promoting AFL 9's if they want a smaller version that can spread internationally.

afl 9s is bad

aflx may be worse but lets wait and see all of our suspicions confirmed

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The biggest issue with afl 9s is you can't put body on opposition forwards. Just chuck a tall bloke down there and you are almost set.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I watched the Trailblazers beat Golden State by 4 points in Portland tonight that was pretty good

What did you guys do

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

There's a decent number of domestic cricket grounds in sa and India, reckon we could by just whacking some goal posts in

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Reckon they would have been better off getting a bunch of properly old retired players to do it, wouldve been a far better novelty for us viewers and it would have shown the game as it is intended to be played, aka by people that cant run hard all that hard and struggle to kick 30 meters.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

If you aren't excited to watch daisy Pearce shank a kick from ten meters out to lose the granny idk if you really like footy at all

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Although it went too far with Lyonball a few years ago, I think I like todays game better than the 90s one. The pressure is way up and we don't have to rely on cheap high hits to get enjoyment from the physicality of it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I will put up with every janky russian stream under the sun before I give a dollar to Rupert Murdoch

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

drunkill posted:

Tom Lynch offered $10.5m over 7 years with afl ambassador payments ontop (easily another 100k a year) to never play finals or win a coleman.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Lol at letting Tippet go though

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I thought he was strongly encouraged to gently caress off. I'm sure that they had good reasons, allegedly he just wasnt putting in at training, but still 1 ruck > 0 ruck

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

You need 3 more to form the megazord, but there isn't a pink team in the league so I think you're a bit hosed tbh

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

173k viewers means the old duck probably aint long for this world. 24 years is a heck of a run but I havent watched the show since the early aughts I'd say.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

New Coke.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

This has to be a sort of weird publicity ploy for the start of the season

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

I agree. It's times like this I wish I drank.

There's always meth

I'm finally back from my overseas sojourn so I'm dead keen to watch some ladie footy this afternoon, I have seen nothing except the round 1 Carl V Coll game and since then the VPN on my phone just kept cracking the shits. Who should I be watching out for player wise this weekend? And when is the GF because isn't round 1 of the men's next week?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Just checkin in now but did anyone else think that free kick dead in front with about 10 mins left was a bit unusual?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Labor are currently holding a 4 point lead in the polls. Though I expect a small bump the other way because of this mornings misappropriation of election funds, I would think that once the effects of many of Labors transport projects start flowing through they should hold on to power, barring some sort of incredible disaster (e.g a recession).

Give it a few more months and the only people that wont like the skyrail will be the handful of oldies along the train tracks that never would have voted labor anyway.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

The story today was probably the most boring loving corruption story in history

Swing voters muyb, swing voters

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What website does knockout footy tips?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

viney and tom mcdonald are out for 6-8 weeks

both have foot problems, viney's is the one that he played through last year and rushed back from early to try and be ready for finals

But he had all of September off for it to heal up????

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Every woman at my club that can actually kick swears that they would rather use the size 5, and not for some ideological reason but purely because they feel the larger ball flies better and feels more solid off the foot.

They are right btw

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

The Blues defense was really poor tonight, it felt like very little pressure whenever the Tigers went forward.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Periphery posted:

And that was the last time we ever saw the Dons E-Sports team.

Nope!

Is that pears or hurley that cant hold a mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

What if losing to the Tigers in a Grand Final passes the old Richmond curse onto your club?

«10 »