Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Carn the 'Mond!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Last night I dreamt that GWS beat Richmond by 200 points but I was still quite optimistic about a second premiership.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

the tigers of old!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Richmond’s song sounds slightly off.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Score header reviews 2018.

Channel 7: The black bar with the team names is too long, very distracting
Fox Footy: Too much colour going on

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

This is like their home and away game last year but Richmond good.

I like it.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

tbh i just hope richmond don't sink as far as the bulldogs have

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

fogarty is a character

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Agreed, hope it's lower
that's quite sickening

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Greatest Defender of All Time fined for Breust hit.

Carn the ‘MOND!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Richmond's biggest MCG win since '96 against Fitzroy.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Melbourne have been a thorn in the Tigers’ side for a few years regardless of where the two were at. They only beat them last year in a comeback after the Dees suffered injuries midgame and hadn’t beat them since 2013 before then. Considering the amount of upsets we’re seeing I predict Richmond to win by 100+ points.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

wtf riewoldt

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

There's no way reading "lol Richmond 9th" for the better part of a decade was 'fun.'
Actually it was an oddly comforting staple of the Richmond mythos, inspiring disappointment and hope in equal measure, keeping TRUE fans from the brink of despair. Not that there weren't defeatist ship jumpers who are now scurrying back into the fold, but REAL Tiger fans absorbed no lessons, embraced blind optimism, and those who aren't dead have been blessed with the fruit of random success.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 25, 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

These teams only getting 3 days rest after this is pretty brutal.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

essendon went out and died so we could have a day off and i will remember them

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

Here is the rest of it
I remember after the 2010 (?) grand final draw thinking he was so reasonable and composed next to Nick Maxwell’s whining.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Thompson and Lyon are just prepping their resumes for a future Channel 7 gig.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

FUCKIN LOVE ME ANOTHER CARLTON PRIME TIME GAME FUCKIN YEAH
For real though why do they get so many? Richmond have had two and they were the annual R1 Carlton match and premiership rematch.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Richmond have given two teams their lowest score ever this year!

edit: no they haven’t, it was freo’s lowest against richmond

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

That was an incredibly boring close finish.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

Why employ assistant coaches if they are not allowed to assist?
I’m reading about Stalin and he liked to keep underlings around just so he could pin his failures/atrocities on them to save face.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It’s really hard to pick who the worst team is. One moment I think it’s Essendon...

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The Tigers are BACK!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The ground flashing like that is annoying on telly.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Richmond and Melb in top 4 is the best.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I believe the last time Richmond and Melbourne made the same finals series Hitler controlled Paris?
hitler couldn’t win away and got owned in finals despite home advantage

too much youth on the field

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The Bounce was watchable when they didn’t have a studio audience.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

racing identity posted:

This is the most over umpired game I've ever seen
At 10 50m penalties now

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Where’s that dumbcunt driveby tigers supporter to come in and say how much he loves that Rance is an umpires pet cheat
hey I thought it was stupid too

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Hold up king

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Fox Footy coverage has issues (Eddie) but half-time and post-game coverage is largely spent analysing the game and not on bantz between the boys. 7 is as shoddily produced as The Footy Show and about as inviting to anyone not interested in its boys’ club aesthetic.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I tried a whopper a while ago thinking it was just a bacon deluxe without bacon and boy is it not. Ewww.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Hardwick launched a spirited defence of Rance on Tuesday, essentially saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

"We're always trying to bring a champion down and that's what I thought this was," Hardwick said.

"As long as we've set the standard now, I'll find five of those free kicks a game that are over-exaggerated free kicks.

"I was really disappointed in the commentary. He's a champion of the game and I don't think we need to be saying it's a stain on his career.

"I found that really disappointing, and I think there will be a lot of people embarrassed by the commentary if we go back and look at their career

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Tell that to last placed North and first placed Essendon.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

On the subject of head injuries does Aussie footy have post-career trauma issues on the scale of American football? Just cause you see some savage incidents still happen in the AFL and I wonder how much worse it must have been when the biff was much less restrained and documented.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jun 6, 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

lol the comments are nothing but nostalgia for better times.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Tonight the premiers get their second friday night game if you count the traditional 1st vs. runner-up match which I’m not sure is typically on a Friday.

edit: well they have at least four more to come so I retract my sass.

edit 2: every Thursday and Friday game from this point contains at least one of Port, Richmond, Sydney, Essendon and Geelong

3: missed the Carlton vs St Kilda thriller

snoremac fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 8, 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

contenders or pretenders or contenders or pretenders or contenders or pretenders or

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Gonna keep things in perspective and take the 9-3.