Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

footyfootyfootyfooty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Slobbo has been shitcanned from SEN

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

:rip: Zac Williams, achilles

That sucks, he gets injured while Toby Greene is somehow still healthy and also not in jail?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/girlsplayfooty/

Bulldogs vs Carlton in Ballarat right now

It sounds like Isabelle Huntington deserved to be drafted number 1

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

demons have found some retro inspiration to replace their white clash strip

i don't hate it at all, and its the same jumper as my first footy club the aranmore cardinals

the dees will also retain the redback strip they picked up from the womens team, marking a rare occasion where all 3 of the clubs strips are pretty sweet. plus we've had a good record with the indigenous round jumpers as well on top of that.

That would clash pretty badly with the Bulldogs home jumper.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gay picnic defence posted:

According to the guy who told me about this, no cap space is getting freed up. They're paying him 600k a year to 'help out around the club'

Which means that Tippet didn't want his contract torn up (since he's still contracted for 3 years) or the AFL are enacting no buyers remorse.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tonight we can again start wondering why the gently caress channel 7 doesn't use Jason Bennett for AFL coverage despite him being contracted for AFLW and the VFL.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah at first I thought it a rough kick to the knee but it looks like the Carlton defender copped studs to the cooch.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I can't believe Chemist's Warehouse decided to keep that poo poo ad. The acting is just tremendously awkward

The NAB ad is rad though

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Doggies up by 20 at quarter time

edit: There's a reason why Brennan was seen as one of the biggest stars of AFLW before her ankle injury last year

Testekill fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 4, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Freo flooding hard this quarter; it works when you're kicking with the wind but it's gonna backfire next term when they have to go against the wind.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Toogood has to be the best name in the AFL.

Also it's a classic Whitten Oval wind where it's a swirler.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

drunkill posted:

Sarah D'arcy accepts a 2 match ban for kicking, Katie Brennan accepted a reprimand for rough conduct, no clue what it is though. And another injury for the crows ontop of Phillips is Courtney Cramey out with hamstring injury. Two very good players out, crows will probably miss the GF if they lose this week.

I think that Brennan got a reprimand for a rough tackle but I haven't seen any footage of it

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

10 points for goals scored from outside 40. What is this poo poo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The AFL is totally not corrupt guys

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Just saw that Carlton vs Western Bulldogs in round 4 is the pride game. What a loving joke that Carlton are getting it when they released a statement saying that they were going to pick sit on the fence and not pick sides.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shmoses posted:

Simon Dalrymple has left the Dogs for Sydney

Massive loss for the Bulldogs, he's one of the best identifiers of young talent in the league.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh no the whistle is out

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

loving last touch rule is loving garbage

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So a Brisbane player can slap the ball off the ground over the line and it's a throw in but a ball can tap a defenders foot while they're competing with the ball and it's a free kick

LAST TOUCH RULE TOTALLY WORKS

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

A DELIBERATE SLAP OVER THE LINE IS FINE BUT A poo poo HANDBALL IS A FREE KICK

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS loving LAST TOUCH RULE

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shmoses posted:

Izzy Huntington just kicked two goals in a minute then did her ACL. loving brutal

Her second one also; She did it as a 17 year old after breaking one of her legs as a 16 year old.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

gently caress off, Conti handballed the ball

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

While it's Huntingtons second ACL, it's her first time her right ACL has torn.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

That was real high there

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The quality of this umpiring, oh my loving god it's dire

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh my god people on the main board of Bigfooty are so loving stupid.

There's a dude arguing that Darrel Baldock in the worst legend in the hall of fame based on his statistics and is absolutely oblivious of the fact that Baldock is considering the greatest Tasmanian to play VFL/AFL and is rated higher than bonafide legends like Ian Stewart, Royce Hart & Peter Hudson.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Adelaide (18-man squad)
7. Jordan Gallucci, 8. Jake Kelly, 17. Curtly Hampton, 19. Jackson Edwards, 22. Andy Otten, 25. Kyle Cheney, 28. Cam Ellis-Yolmen, 31. Patrick Wilson, 34. Elliott Himmelberg, 35. Matthew Signorello, 37. Paul Hunter, 38. Harry Dear, 39. Tom Doedee, 40. Ben Davis, 42. Alex Keath, 43. Reilly O’Brien, 44. Lachie Murphy, 45. Ben Jarman

Collingwood (14-man squad)
11. Jarryd Blair, 14. James Aish, 21. Tom Phillips, 22. Steele Sidebottom, 24. Josh Thomas, 25. Jack Crisp, 28. Nathan Murphy, 29. Tim Broomhead, 32. Will Hoskin-Elliott, 35. Jaidyn Stephenson, 37. Brayden Maynard, 39. Ben Crocker, 40. Josh Smith, 44. Jack Madgen

Fremantle (20-man squad)
2. Griffin Logue, 3. Brandon Matera, 6. Danyle Pearce, 7. Nat Fyfe, 8. Andrew Brayshaw, 9. Bradley Hill, 10. Michael Walters, 11. Tommy Sheridan, 12. Mitchell Crowden, 18. Darcy Tucker, 19. Connor Blakely, 23. Cameron McCarthy, 26. Ed Langdon, 28. Brady Grey, 33. Cameron Sutcliffe, 36. Brennan Cox, 38. Luke Ryan, 41. Bailey Banfield, 42. Stefan Giro, 44. Taylin Duman

Geelong (18-man squad)
3. Brandan Parfitt, 10. Daniel Menzel, 11. Tim Kelly, 12. Wylie Buzza, 13. Lachie Fogarty, 21. Jordan Murdoch, 22. Mitch Duncan, 23. Aaron Black, 24. Jed Bews, 26. Tom Hawkins, 27. Sam Menegola, 31. Jordan Cunico, 32. Gryan Miers, 34. James Parsons, 39. Zach Guthrie, 40. Jackson Thurlow, 44. Tom Stewart, 46. Mark Blicavs

Port Adelaide (19-man squad)
9. Robbie Gray, 12. Trent McKenzie, 13. Todd Marshall, 15. Karl Amon, 17. Tom Clurey, 18. Jimmy Toumpas, 19. Jack Trengove, 23. Jack Watts, 24. Kane Farrell, 26. Riley Bonner, 27. Joel Garner, 29. Jasper Pittard, 32. Dougal Howard, 37. Jake Patmore, 40. Jarrod Lienert, 41. Dom Barry, 43. Dan Houston, 44. Cameron Hewett, 46. Sam Gray

West Coast (15-man squad)
10. Jarrod Brander, 14. Liam Duggan, 18. Daniel Venables, 21. Jack Petruccelle, 22. Hamish Brayshaw, 26. Francis Watson, 28. Tom Cole, 30. Jackson Nelson, 32. Ryan Burrows, 33. Brayden Ainsworth, 35. Josh Rotham, 39. Malcolm Karpany, 43. Matt Allen, 44. Willie Rioli, 45. Jake Waterman

You can tell that West Coast aren't taking it seriously at all with Liam Duggan & Willie Rioli being the most notable players for them. But why the gently caress are teams playing some of their very best players for AFLX? Fyfe & Robbie Gray have absolutely nothing to gain from AFLX

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I will blow up kardinia park myself if they steal mithen and cranston from us

That's what worries me about the introduction of the victorian expansion teams. They're unlikely to get players like Pearce & Brennan but players like Cranston, Mithen, Hannah Scott & Kirsty Lamb are the backbones that perform week in and week out; they're going to rob the teams of their depth for the new ones.

Couldn't they have just waited like 5 years for the talent pool to fill up before introducing expansion teams?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I don't understand why the AFL is choosing to cannibalise AFLW by running AFLX at the same time and cutting its advertising budget to finance AFLX.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Aaron Francis is taking mental health leave

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh no who would have guessed

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Look at how much the Bulldogs care about AFLX

2 Young 19 Webb 20 Richards 26 Gowers 27 Lipinski 28 Porter 30 Greene 33 Naughton 37 Smith 40 Mullenger-McHugh 43 Redpath (C) 44 English

Only player with any sort of experience is Redpath; otherwise it's either rookies (Gowers, Smith, Mullenger-McHugh), players trying to crack the best 22 (Webb) or kids. We didn't even name Campbell as ruckman or Collins at full back.

edit: https://twitter.com/AFLcomau/status/963641205304197122

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 14, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

What I want to know is why don't they just put effort into promoting AFL 9's if they want a smaller version that can spread internationally.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

monolithburger posted:

The Feed on SBS got none other than Ricky Nixon on to talk about whether or not Hannah Mouncey should play in the AFLW.

He managed to not only make a bunch of arse backwards about transgender issues and genitals, but also made the argument that the lighter girls, like the Asian ones, might be at risk.

gently caress sake.

She wasn't even the best player in the ACT league. I think that VFLW will survive her just fine

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

AFL.com is advertising it as X-rated footy and I assume that means that we're allowed to vigorously masturbate.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bit of a clusterfuck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

realbez posted:

This isn’t very good.

Commentators saying "the crowd are trying to adjust like us" really doesn't inspire confidence

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Soooo..... you're not allowed to kick at goal from an OOB? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

thepokey posted:

Waiting for the wrestling lines of “this crowd is crazy! They boo the things they normally love to show they really love it!”

Or it's bizarro world aka Canada