Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
You Am I
May 20, 2001

I will decide who posts John Howard pictures in this thread and the circumstances in which they post.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I've been running some highly scientific simulations and I think it's putting out some pretty accurate predictions (aside from the fact that I forgot to delete lindsay thomas before starting the season)

An AFL final in May?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

I will decide who posts John Howard pictures in this thread and the circumstances in which they post.

drunkill posted:

Apparently the Dees v Pies game was good and close.

Collingwoods Darcy Gutterage did her collarbone, season ending probably.

https://twitter.com/GirlsPlayFooty/...302410545012736

edit: and a new aflw podcast 'credit to the girls'
https://twitter.com/crdttogrlsshow/...863875522306049

Isn't a bit condescending calling the female footballers "girls"?

Also the AFLW Melbourne team doing as well as their male team.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

My God it's like something from the 80s

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Testekill posted:

Her second one also; She did it as a 17 year old after breaking one of her legs as a 16 year old.

Jeez, she makes Daniel Menzel's run of knee injuries look minor

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Football is bad again

Or OTOH football is back to normal operation

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

I hope for the cold dark embrace of death

You wouldn't know what to do with yourself with a successful Melbourne football team.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think once we fail to make the grand final this week I’ll finally get around to changing my avatar, the AFLX Trophy seems a likely candidate

About time, that Pauline Hanson avatar has poo poo me up the wall since you copped it from the last election.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

I agree. It's times like this I wish I drank.

It's never too late to take it up

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Windmill Hut posted:

I am so loving excited for footy to start in LIKE 48 HOURS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, what?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Chairchucker posted:

Football's been going for a few weeks actually but it's good because Adelaide died
Enjoy your state Liberal Government fuckers :melbournesmug:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

spamman posted:

Fining footballers is also bullshit though.

Dunno, I think damage to the hip pocket gets the point across a bit better than weeks off the field.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Thank gently caress we just beat the toffs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’ll forgive you for being so hosed in the head because meth is a terrible scourge on our society and Geelong in particular

Calm down MUYB

You Am I
May 20, 2001

cmndstab posted:

Looks like I chose a good season to stop paying any attention to footy news and just watch the games. Blindfolds and Yellow and Black on loop sounds pretty wacky but I'll take a 36 point win any day of the week

Also I forget if I already told you guys but I am now a dad, my baby daughter was born last week Monday Funny how that kind of thing makes you care a lot less about whether Tex is angry about leaks or whatever the gently caress is apparently going on.

Also apparently like half the cricket team has resigned or been suspended or something I don't loving know, time to get back to bottle feeding and fitting in 60 minute powernaps between nappy changes!

Congratulations mate! I hope mum and bub are doing well.

Yeah, the cricket side is going through huge changes (finally). This interview with Tim Paine is fairly interesting in regards to how he is handling the Australian captaincy:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...ralia-captaincy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

loving woeful week of tipping. And woeful performance by Geelong.

With a midfield like ours teams shouldn't be getting even close to us. Chris Scott's got a lot to answer for.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

The Gold Coast home game at Perth is a bit of a head scratcher for this week's tipping.

Also trying to work out who was the less poo poo team between Collingwood and Carlton.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

loving sack Chris Scott.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Boo fuckin hoo crying god boy who scammed Gold Coast out of a couple mil and set them back years doesn't get his fairytale homecoming

Maybe if he had focused on actually being a captain rather than trying to turn his footy club into a hillsong outpost they would be in a better place on field and off by now.
What the gently caress dude? His sister died, and he wanted to get back to Victoria before that happened.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Given he wanted to come back before it happened that makes it pretty loving irrelevant to him wanting to leave.

He got massive money from the suns to go up there and help them start up their footy club as captain. Part of it was based on him being a player, and he fulfilled that part (apart from when he left queensland a total of 21 times in his last 4 seasons), but the captaincy was literally written into his contract. He hosed that massively. They had a garbage culture off field and he divided the group by using his captaincy to spread his old mans god botherer bullshit. He hosed them hard and anyone who honestly think that him and geelong deserve some great happy ending from it is an idiot.

This isn't a concussion that will have him dealing with mental health issues, it's not a degenerative condition that will leave him struggling with chronic pain, it's a soft tissue injury that affects his and geelongs season this year.

Says that goon who barracks for a team that wasted draft picks for nearly a decade and probably mentally destroyed more players than what GAJ could ever do

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Getting the MCC to fully fund a $1bn upgrade is a seriously good effort. I look forward to paying for it in my membership fees

Oh poo poo you poor rich person maybe sell yet another Picasso to cover the next year's dues hey?

Maybe daddy and mummy could allow you a little bit more out of your allowance? Or not buy that Range Rover this year and God help you have to use last year's model to go up to the snow this year God I hope the Baillieu's from down the road don't notice this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Hey guys, catch this hot take:

Badelaide

You Am I
May 20, 2001

NTRabbit posted:

So tell me how exactly the umpire can play advantage, Collingwood takes it, kicks a point, and the umpire brings it back to let them have another go

To really rub salt on the wounds?

Alternative answer: Victorian umpires

You Am I
May 20, 2001

There must be a competition going on today in the AFL to see who can thrash their opponent the most on the scoreboard.

The Swans must have missed that memo.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Did Melbourne forget to turn up after the half time break?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The Crows game was the only pick I got wrong, way to twist the knife

Both Adelaide teams ruined my tipping

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol Simon goodwins response to that farce was “hey it wasn’t as bad as last week” Simon badloss imo

Just following in the Melbourne coaching tradition since Neale Daniher

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Did someone forget to remind MUYB that there was a Melbourne match on today?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

realbez posted:

Trent Croad was forced to retire because of one of those, wasn’t he?

I thought Croad had a similar injury as what stopped Matthew Egan's career

You Am I
May 20, 2001

LOL Norf Hawf

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Hey guys get this:

Essendon't

You Am I
May 20, 2001

gay picnic defence posted:

He was a really good development coach, I wonder if his skillset or personality held him back from taking a more senior role

Coaching Melbourne damaged him

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Solemn Sloth posted:

Personally I think it’s pretty hilarious that Essendon brought on noted mastermind duo Neil Craig and Mark Neeld

If you're going to lose finals matches, I can't think of a better person than Neil Craig.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

What was the name of that doctor or physio who no matter which club he went to, he always seemed to raise the number of soft tissue injuries the players at that club had?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

spamman posted:

Bohdan Babijczuk had a pretty nasty run across Hawthorn, St Kilda and Melbourne in the early/mid '00s.

That's the dude.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

The Deadly Hume posted:

what the goddamn gently caress Geelong

We always seem to lose bullshit games like this. I bet we'll lose to Carlton as well.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Can Robert Walls be taken out back and loving shot already

Is he still in the media? That man is really banking off his fluke 1987 Grand Final win

You Am I
May 20, 2001

I see nothing wrong there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

cmndstab posted:

We'll struggle to replace him if he does go, he plays a pretty unique role in our system.

Was he the one putting the blindfolds on?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

gay picnic defence posted:

Bring back a bit of the on field biffo as well imo

NRL thread is that-a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

put both hands in posted:

as a west coast supporter i thought the umpiring was fine

Man Diet Crack is going to be pissed off with you having that opinion.

«4 »