Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

That was to make sure Gaz got home, and that hasn’t turned out as well as they had hoped anyway.

I wasn't expecting Gazza of old when he came back to Geelong. You can't expect a 34 y/o with the history of injuries to rejuvenate the team. I'm just glad Nathan and him were able to play a winning grand final together :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Schlesische posted:

Is that boat sinking?

How can it sink any further since it has been sunk for ages?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

I'm really tired of trading with Carlton

And miss out on bargains like EDDIE BETTS?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Western Australia is full of classy folk

No more premierships for that state

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

Every time I see a free agency compensation pick I still feel a prick of anger over what we got for buddy :argh:

Calm down princess, it's not like your club suffered after Buddy left.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Carlton have many family ties

Hums the theme to Godfather

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

People poo poo on Carlton getting so many friday night games, which yeah given how the season went was justified, but the reason there were a lot is that Carlton fans watch the games on tv (and don't turn up anymore) so ratings is king.
Is the reason is that they are in witness protection?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Been enjoying soda water or diet Ginger Ale atm

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Spedman posted:

Thought this is somewhat relevant to this thread:

https://twitter.com/bruce_haigh/status/1058893738003464192?s=21

I thought the cricket rights still had a year to go on Ch. 9. Guess I was wrong. Not that I missed a thrilling game

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

The ideal way to go out on a high is ironing out the guy all your fans hate in a winning grand final, and then snorting a mountain of coke on the dais after giving the kid a hat, before announcing your retirement

Wasn't that how Alastair Lynch went out in the 2004 Grand Final, without the drug use?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

monolithburger posted:

That reminds me of one of my favourite questions to ask people: was the game played in four squares with a ball called handball, downball, or four square at your school?

(It's called handball and your rules were wrong and bad)

Four square. Down ball is when you bounce a ball (usually a tennis ball) on the ground then ricochet it off a wall

You Am I fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 8, 2018

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chairchucker posted:

It's called handball. It can't be 'four square' because what if you're using more than four squares?

Why would you be using more than four squares? How would that work? What horrible school did you go to?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drunkill posted:

Foxtel are launching a $25 per month sports subscription package. All their sports, including all AFL games will be there.

Might be useful for some but gently caress giving foxtel any money (my parents had it for like a decade and it was poo poo) I'll stick to streams if I want to watch games I can't go to.

You also need good internet, so blame Abbott and Turnbull if you don't.

gently caress News Corpse, never gonna give them a cent.

They've ruined telecasts of most sports like motor sports, surfing and now cricket. I hope that company implodes when Rupert finally shuffles off.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

monolithburger posted:

AFL² , it's like AFL but with hexagonal goal squares and netball esque zones.

And participation awards given to all players, because they really really tried their best, even though they sucked

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nope cos it is News Corpse and gently caress Murdoch

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

BrigadierSensible posted:

Remind me again what the stated goal of AFLX is?
To gently caress over the Women's comp.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Don't worry, you have Jaeger to cover the loss :v:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Just you wait until AFLX3.

Only if they hire Jim Ross to do the commentary

BAH GAWD THAT'S DANGERFIELD'S MUSIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Diet Crack posted:

afl.com.au ladies and gentlemen!

Gotta to love it when you leave your web design and server infrastructure with Telstra