Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

I feel like itís healthier to be like a flat earther and completely deny all evidence that Richmond won the flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Also, can't post it as i'm on my phone, but Fletch Jr is training with the club i think. He basically has his Dad's body with Ben Brown's hair, its glorious.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I love how mad Essendon fans are getting over the eSports team. So many "this is why we can't win premierships anymore, we spend all our time on computer games!" and when Raz played a game against a pro there were lots of "great strat by the club, playing games rather than being out on the park practicing goal kicking". How do people not stop to think "ok I'm sure players are allowed to have some down time and don't train 24/7, and we haven't won a flag in 18 years, and the esports team has been around for 6 months, so it's probably not the reason we haven't been winning flags".

Also, the esports logo looks better than our main logo

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

eh, pends on the game really - if you're into the game I can see how it's fun. I can't get excited about a LoL team because I don't like LoL. But I love PUBG and found myself getting sucked into a PUBG esports team unexpectedly. Either way, I don't get the argument that some people have that an esports team is somehow going to = bad on-field performance.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Zooper goal out, main eggs in

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress sake, why don't they just turn it fully into WWE and script matches if they want it to look and play out a really specific way.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Testekill posted:

Commentators saying "the crowd are trying to adjust like us" really doesn't inspire confidence

Waiting for the wrestling lines of ďthis crowd is crazy! They boo the things they normally love to show they really love it!Ē

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BT calling goals zoopers sounds no different to his normal commentating

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BT subtly flagging the possibility of teams intentionally losing so they only have to play 2 games instead of 3

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Periphery nailed it with saying that the attacking footy just doesn't feel earned. It feels like an NBA all star game where its just all scoring and no defense. For similar reasons too, All Star game has players not wanting to get injured, not wanting to put real pressure on because the result doesn't matter. You get ridiculous scores you'd never get in a regular NBA game and its not in a "wow that is so cool they managed to score so much!" kind of way because the scoring doesn't feel earned when there is no real defense being offered. Here its that, but also because the result doesn't matter. So how can you really buy into it?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Crying ginger lad after the Essendon v Melbourne game spotted in the crowd. Surprised he isnít crying again because of AFLX

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Surely if the AFL wanted to make this mean *something* theyíd have an extra night of finals games next week. Rather than have 3 grand finals, the top 2 teams from each night (eg Adelaide and Geelong from last night) play the following week to a single grand final?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Keep Gawn in the commentary box for the season I reckon

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Jake Melksham, the greatest AFLX player of all time

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Speaking of competition, it's FANTASY FOOTBALL TIME

The Goon Golden Spoon Draft League has been carried over, but teams need to rejoin, with the draft currently set to 6pm Saturday March 17, but that's movable.

Supercoach invite link here, currently a 10 team league.

Definitely in for UF! although canít do a March 17th draft

SuperCoach seems almost unplayable unless youíre a Hun subscriber, you seem to get less and less player info every year which is reserved for those with the gold pass. loving refuse to give Rupert my money

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I mean, if Stringer is funneling all of his compulsions to act out and be a fuckwit into simply continuing to make himself look more and more a fuckwit, then I can probably get on board with it.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I reckon youíre severely underestimating the extent of his compulsions

I admit, I'm clutching at straws, but I gotta believe, for my own sake

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Saadís first possession for Essendon was 3 bounces, burnt off 3 opponents to kick a long range goal. Iím more excited about him than Stringer or Smith

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

Well then. Hoping for a Melbourne/Bulldogs GF

Brennan, Blackburn and Kearney must have premiership medals!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I guess it means I donít have to watch someone like Daniher line up 50m out directly in front and put it dead Center through the middle before the game....then 10mins into the first quarter he has a shot from the exact same spot, filling me with hope, only to see it go out on the full.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's my issue with it. They are taking poo poo away to make room for the horrible, tone deaf attempts at bullshit "hype" that the AFL does so badly.

But donít you want to see who can spin the ball on their finger the longest out of Joe from Templestowe and Kylie from Ringwood in the Chemist Warehouse Ball Spinnaroonie Extravaganza for a chance to win a $20 voucher??

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Footy Show isn't about well thought out football opinions though. It hasn't been for a long time.

And I think one of the reasons they won't ever let it die, is to let it die is to admit defeat. To admit that Newman and McGuires brand of blokey matey misogyny and buffoonery has had it's day. The people at Channel 9, (and Eddie and Sam in particular), will never want to admit that until the bitter end. So when it does die, (becauase of lack of ratings = lack of profitability), the few people/mouthbreathers left watching will blame PC culture and the bloody gay muslim foreign reffo sheilas for killing it, when it has been dead and irrellevant for at least 4-5 years.

Actually I think you'll find the reason for the low ratings is Rebecca Maddern, at least that's according to facebook comments on footy show articles...

Its really grasping at straws that they think that is the reason. I hope Mddern moves on from the show soon to do something better and give these fuckwads less and less excuses to blame its failure on.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

Send an email to Port and see if they will reimburse you

They'll demand that the Gold Coast do it

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Reminder that the Goon Golden Spoon draft is set for Saturday 17 March 2018 at 6:00 PM (AEDT) because nobody suggested a better time. If you can't be there, don't forget to set your draft order so you don't get robofucked. Also, we're still at 7 teams, we can do better than that. New goons, foreign and domestic, who want to follow along with our demented sport this year, feel free to join in, fantasy isn't nearly as hard as it looks, and half the scoring ends up being lucky choices of fringe players who come good, and players who don't get injured.

Goon Silver Spoon still only has 5 teams, but I guess people are sick of the Hun sticking more and more functionality behind the paywall, yeah?

I definitely can't make it on the 17th, can do most other nights. I tried robodraft once before but it totally didn't work, so not sure how to do it properly as I'm pretty sure I set it up properly

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I was momentarily optimistic until they kept in the preeemiership flag bit

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

But hey on the plus side thereís whatever the gently caress this is I guess

I honestly had already forgot who won the AFLx's

thepokey fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2018 around 09:15

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Periphery posted:

I'm refraining from saying things like this because I fear Vic will be stupid enough to vote Matthew Guy into power.

Of course we will ... we are sick of not being able to leave our homes for fear of roaming gangs!

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Huge 3rd quarter for the Eagles

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

This is why I prefer this place as pretty much the only place I talk footy online. Everywhere I look people are taking the piss out of Brennan and women in general for this.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

I still think no one with public visibility is making anywhere near enough of a stink about ďwe donít pay them enough to fine themĒ well PAY THEM MORE YOU FUCKOS

One guy I saw post this on a Facebook article this morning. He clearly laid out the point in simple language and it made complete sense. First comment called him a cuck flog and...yeah

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Also eat poo poo Merrett, don't get chirpy if you can't take the heat

I too cheer when players get concussed due to reckless rough play

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

I'd be more sympathetic if Merrett hadn't just spent 30 seconds ignoring the ball on the ground so he could mouth off extensively about the tackle he just completed.

Also, play wasn't reckless, it was a legit bump that hit the shoulder, Merrett knocked himself out on the turf.

Mouthing off on the footy field = deserve a concussion. Got it.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

50 point loss incoming

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Don't reverse spoonboy my Crows

100 point loss incoming

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Iíd say fire Daniher into the sun but heíd miss

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Iím going to have an aneurysm at this rate

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Don't reverse spoonboy my Crows

Sorry dude

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I think the best argument I saw was someone saying Zerret is at fault for not training his brain to not get concussed

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Heíll be working the Victorian conspiracy angle. Theyíll have all angles covered. Just like the video showing head high contact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Actually the best part about this weekend is knowing that the racist piece of poo poo Adelaide supporter (one I had to sit next to at last yearís game, racially abusing my cousinís gf and eventually getting himself arrested - by far the worst person Iíve ever encountered at the footy) has now endured a GF loss and a first round loss to us in back to back games.

«3 »