Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Sicily not named either lmao get in the bin you fuckwits.

lmao sicily played 14 games this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Dusty very much deserved to be in the squad and will be in the 22

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

It's also an absolute joke that Stratton didn't make the team but Rance gets in as per usual.

Rance broke the record for intercept possessions this year

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

hiddenmovement posted:

Murdoch is on a list of about 5 blokes who possibly dont belong at AFL level. Murdoch, Thurlow, Parsons, Kolo and maybe Bews being the prime ones.They're who we are talking about when we say that the cats list isn't very deep, along with the rotating roster of kids we have. Personally I think Murdoch is better than most of those, but that means he gets more games and attracts more ire from the bigfooty crowd for the dreadful sin of being below average at football.

Kolo is fine at AFL level, Bews goes ok. The others you mentioned are poo poo tho

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
For those complaining about the Richmond players in the AA squad https://twitter.com/adrian_poly/status/1033940653049171969?s=21

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

Genuinely surprised the Suns have dumped Barlow, he was one of their best in the Geelong pummelling getting 35 touches. You'd figure they'd want someone with his good character and ability in such turbulent time at the

A couple of mates of mine watched a lot OF NEAFL this year and are not surprised by the Barlow delisting

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

Fair enough, although by looking at his social media it didn't seem like he was expecting the chop.

If he wasn’t expecting the chop after not getting into a terrible Good Coast side all year then he wasn’t paying enough attention

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

He did break his leg last year wiping out half the season, then had his jaw broken this season requiring a plate and also resulting in him getting nerve damage to his face and Bell's palsy in the process, so it's not like he's been fit and raring to go all year.

True but he spent enough time fit and not in the side to realise I’d have thought

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Travis Varcoe’s sister has died after a collision in a footy game last weekend.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Pretty crazy how Dane Swan’s tweets sound exactly like the work of a Sportsbet social media manager

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Ardmona scored 90 points for their entire season

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

The Deadly Hume posted:

The worst part of the pre-finals bye is the trade scuttlebutt without the soft drink chat.

I genuinely really enjoy this stuff, it’s the draft chat I hate

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

I wonder how Dangerfield plans to blatantly cheat to get his team over the line tomorrow

What

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Periphery posted:

The Cats have to be one of the biggest underperforming teams this year, yeah?

IMO they overachieved in 16 and 17 rather than underachieving this year

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
https://twitter.com/rudiedsall/status/1038260059657068548?s=21

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

He’s easy to pick out cause of the helmet

He’s also extremely good

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

BrigadierSensible posted:

And on song chat: I think it's interesting that apart from Port with "Never Tear Us Apart", more teams haven't co-opted real songs as unofficial anthems. I think Richmond tried to do something with Darryl Braithwaites Horses, but it didn't stick.

Did you not hear the seven million renditions of Eagle Rock yesterday?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Imagine not supporting Hawthorn lol what a hosed up existence some of you lead

My favourite post of 2018 was you gleefully jumping on the Richmond bandwagon after Hawthorn got knocked out assuming they’d win another flag only to see them get Mason Cox’d lmao

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

Do you think you can make one non bitchy post in the next month? Even one not directed at someone. It’s all you ever do, I don’t really understand why you read this thread anymore.

This is fair, I just can’t help myself sometimes. Sorry mate, I’ll back off

Boonys Cut Shot fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 9, 2018

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

I don’t know how Dodo plans to get Shiel from GWS while also dealing with GC to get Martin, but I’m looking forward to seeing it unfold.

Martin is off the table

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

If we end up with having traded Hogan and two first rounders for two defenders, one of whom is 26, over the last two years that’s pretty god damned awful trading and maybe we should stop

Melbourne were more interested in getting him out than Freo were in taking him in the end

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

jfc, Peter Bell giving a press conference on Trade Radio, then Barrett just cuts it off to give some update about nothing. Are these blokes still salty about not knowing about the Lyon poach?

Wait what is this about?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Spedman posted:

It was just weird more than anything, Bell was doing his press conference answering journo's questions, and Barrett who was in the studio just comes in over the top and cuts to something else mid-question. It obviously didn't effect the press conference as they were just taking the feed, but it came off really strange as you would have figured people would want to hear what Bell has to say given the trade week Freo have had.

Was it not more relevant trade news or something?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s a bit loving rich of Tim Kelly’s family to come out and criticise Geelong given he could be back in Perth already if he didn’t just want to chase perceived easy success with West Coast.

I don’t think we should criticise a guy for not wanting to go to Freo. Apparently Lachie Neale was scathing in his exit interview and told Ross there’s at least 10 blokes there who are straight up taking the piss.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

Gold Coast have the worst list easily over Saints

I genuinely can’t think of a list more devoid of talent in my life than GC’s

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

snaeksikn posted:

Also just thinking on the Lyons thing: if they wanted to get rid of him then they should have traded him away not delisted him with a year to run on his deal. Gold Coast are already a basket case but good luck to them attracting established players next year after pulling that move, it would be in the forefront of every players mind who gets an offer from them

Lyons wanted out to go play with his brother

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Mike Sheahan would be close to the best footy journo who ever lived, his contacts were impeccable at the top of his game.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Anyone not saying Coke is their favourite soft drinks is lying to themselves IMO. It’s the king of beverages

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Campbell Brown is good mates with Rita Panahi

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

Kayo is trash though, doesn’t even do replays for NFL, only live

That would be a rights issue, the NFL are tight with their digital stuff.

And anyway who cares, NFL is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s actually good on their gamepass because you can watch a replay of the 25 minutes of actual play instead of the 3.5 hour telecast

Yeah but they’re still playing NFL