Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Fiedler posted:

Local variables should be camelCased. Method names should be PascalCased. If you've been writing C# for five years this should not be news.

the aesthetic of the code was what stuck out the most. it just doesn’t look like typical c#

it’s petty but this would be a red flag to me too in any language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

also I get the feeling reading that code it could be much more concise using LINQ

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

qhat posted:

You've got a real hard-on for me eh. The point was I've seen this book recommended a lot, and I would never use it to interview someone. It's almost like an implied covenant, if you can answer a bunch of notoriously Microsoft/googly questions that are listed exhaustively in a book, then obviously you're good enough for a Microsoft/Google interview and by extension good enough for us.

doesn’t sound like you have much real world interview experience

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

last place I interviewed asked to reverse a string and solve a graph problem in the span of thirty minutes, for a job that was 99% boring ETL poo poo

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that actually sounds pretty relevant to etl problems?

no it doesn’t

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Jesus Harold Christ

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

10% cut isn’t awful if you’re making dee figs already and really really hate your job. I’ve taken a way bigger cut to leave a job that was killing me with stress and my life is better for it. just gotta be sure you’re trading money for happiness or future marketability or some horse poo poo

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

qhat posted:

It's a 10% raise from an already uncompetitive salary.

haha do you think I’m reading this poo poo for comprehension

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I’m not owned

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

indigi posted:

does your company have an HR department cause every interview I've been to had someone from HR sitting in presumably to make sure the interviewer didn't break any laws

I’ve done a lot of interviewing at big and small places and never seen a HR person during. the closest thing is probably the receptionist i check in with?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

always be interviewing

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Art of the Interview

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

not sure what was incorrect in anything i posted there, care to expand on your thoughts

it was a fine post sir keep doing the lor'ds work

just post

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I’m gonna say some stupid poo poo in an interview soon. hopefully my interviewers are dumber than me

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the talent deficit posted:

i've done three tech interviews and two hr interviews for one company and now they want me to do two more tech interviews and another hr interview. can i reasonably expect them to offer me a c level role at this point?

you should've been getting paid after the first or second tech interview

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

sucks when that happens

but you can get another job

problem is there’s a high chance it’ll suck too

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

vape some thc during the interview to establish dominance

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Take a sex worker with you and make this a real coming of age story

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

lol if you wouldn’t let a prospective employer finger you if the price was right

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HYJCHoEDNgs

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my latest company was really thorough checking references. they even checked one I didn’t give them

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

my old company doesn’t even :effort: their fake reviews. all the real reviews are one star and 1000 words. the five star reviews are mostly just a sentence fragment about how “awesome” it is

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i have a string of 1.5 to 2 year jobs and now I’m stuck in my current job for the sake of my Career Narrative

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

lol I can barely handle the stress of interviewing once or twice a year, forget multiple interviews in a month

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I’m regretting turning down a counter offer, for the first time in my career, 6 months into new job. I Fuched up

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Why did the Coffee file a Police Report?

A: it was mugged.

Hope you don’t mind a good Dad joke to spice things up from the monotony of your regular messages. I have a few Software Engineer roles with both growing and established companies here in Chicago, and the roles look right up your alley.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

lancemantis posted:

basically working in a field with standards and unions owns is what I'm saying

this sounds cool!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

get rid of the first 3 headers and shorten the bio

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

it’s in the game

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

what’s up with the dog poo poo windows 3.1 text rendering

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I suggest emailing the document to a friend with an Apple computer and having them export it to PDF

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

have an interview. tomorrow and two next week

for your information goons my resume is 3 pages and never fails to get me to at least a phone screen. and it was made with an apple pages template

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I recently got tell a Facebook recruiter I wouldn’t work for their company which felt terrific too

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

AWWNAW posted:

have an interview. tomorrow and two next week

for your information goons my resume is 3 pages and never fails to get me to at least a phone screen. and it was made with an apple pages template

I should also add that by the time I get to the on-site it’s obvious that my interviewers haven’t read my resume?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Symbolic Butt posted:

today's AOC is hella graph theoretical: https://adventofcode.com/2018/day/15

I’ve done every day up to this and took one look and nope the gently caress out

I’m not getting paid to do this poo poo, that’s ridiculous

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

I bombed the gently caress out of my Google interview. Stay mushy anxiety brain.

Psych gave me a script for propranolol for the anxiety and it stopped my heart from beating out of my chest like normal, but the mush brain didn't go away. I talked through the problem well just actually typing the code to execute what I said didn't go too hot.

More practice and studying and on to the next.

I know the feeling, it sucks. I’ve tried clonazepam and it helps but not that much

what sucks even worse is having your phone autocorrect words to the company’s name for a year or two afterwards too, across keyboard resets, because the keyboard of course “learns” from all your correspondence

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

he’s not owned

he’s not owned!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

whenever a recruiter asks me for a number I just say 225

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hard to imagine but some people get anxious during interviews which negatively impacts their performance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

also I abuse drugs just to live in hell world