Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
anyone want to hire me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sports
Sep 1, 2012
i hate linkedin howdo i not useit can i just yell on the ocaml sympa that- I dont know french

sports
Sep 1, 2012

DELETE CASCADE posted:

what's your ocaml question

for ocaml jobs not ocaml questiosn

sports
Sep 1, 2012
defense contractor work made me really depressed. there were quiet types who seemed genuinely interested in helping employees and problem solving and then the generic type A scapegoats union shops in manufacturing but never would consider the moves at the top or the sickening scope of the work

sports
Sep 1, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

there's definitely a big split between some london jobs, mostly finance, which pay well, and almost everywhere else which pays like poo poo.

current pet peeve: remote jobs which are US only, but don't think it's worth mentioning at any point in the job ad or application process

that is really goofy. I have many friends based here (chicago) who do remote work based in france/uk/holland/germany. I don't know if it has anything to do with weird sponsorship stuff or tax treaties; a lot of the remote workers I know are practicing lawyers in insurance/reinsurance and have to visit the EU office quarterly