Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

if so the recruiter making a point about how the team was doubling in size so there were many positions available was kind of twisting the knife

that would explain them missing their turn around promise

I know this feel, esp since I interviewed with them a while ago. Sorry bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hayden. posted:

Got an offer today for a place I'm pretty excited about. I get to work remotely all I want, the team is great, they're paying extremely well and more than I asked for, and 5 weeks PTO. Plus leadership opportunities in the near future. Yay for ending the awful interview process

Awesome, good luck

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ZipRecruiter, LinkedIn Careers, Indeed... am I missing any sites? Does stack overflow still have a careers page?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what do you say to recruiters who are really insistent on getting a number? do I tell him a bullshit number to start and go up when I get the offer, or do I just outright say get hosed?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scott Baio Nudes posted:

a lot of these people have convinced themselves that investing is hard work and investors deserve to reap most all of the profit. it is of course because they aspire to make it to that position one day.

temporarily embarrassed billionaires

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gee I hope I don't run out of money before I get a job. I've been on three interviews this week so maybe this will finally be my time

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm so goddamned close to having a job I can almost taste it. HR interview tomorrow

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, random cold-calling recruiter from a placement agency, I will not tell you my expected salary before you even start showing my resume to your clients

Lol at the very idea of recruitment agencies in tyool 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gazpacho posted:

In 2013 I got a job by putting my resume/info on dice and making it visible to recruiter searches. I don’t recommend this unless you’re unemployed and desperate, which I was. Also be on guard for ID thieves, don’t give out info that recruiters don’t need, don’t talk to jobspring/workbridge, remember your password so you can turn off access later, etc

I also did this, last week, for the same reason. Good point about the security stuff