Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i was told to post in this thread for interview/tech related stuff for jobs in the bay area..

been at my current company 6 years or so and they've kinda burned me on promotion so i feel like i'm well underpaid for other places. my plan is to interview at all the big companies even if i'm not planning to join them. experience is ~15 years with the last 10 or so in the bay area, initially doing startups. i have a compsci degree and understand the the general running times of all the basic sorting and searching algorithms. i'm pretty flexible about what i'm looking for. i've done "front-end" and some back-end all generally in javascript for the past ~10 years but i'm interested in anything as long as its not c++.

what is the scene like now vs 6 years ago for interviewing? generally i would get one phone call from the recruiter, then one call from an engineer asking me a tech question. assuming i past that question, there would be an onsite for a day anywhere from 3-6 people interview.. if they like you then they'd ask you to talk to a much higher-up person. i'm guessing that format is basically the same?

coding question wise... is it just memorizing l33tcode questions now? i've started looking through them and i've noticed that there's more questions i never saw ~6 years ago. for example, the alien dictionary question. can anyone knowledgeable discuss the differences interviewing now vs 6 years ago? graph related stuff is kinda a weakness so it looks like i'll have to review those. does anyone here pay for l33tcode or something similar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU