Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I've been ghosted by at least 3 recuiters so far, on the first reply
as if these jobs got filled seconds after the linkedin messages is sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
you even can use forum approved postgres for nosql

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i don't use mongo but it has "multi-document ACID transactions" now so i don't think that true anymore, unless it loses data for other reasons

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I worked on a small EMR that was backed by a local doctor and only used at a few clinics, it was written in Delphi 5 in at least 2010

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well I've been holding off posting on the off chance somebody at works reads my posts (not likely) and waiting for my background check to clear (it just did!).

After 9 years at my current job, I got a new job !
I was always underpaid at my job, this new job is a massive raise, over 50%. By all measures I'm above market rate now.

I'm going to call my manager now and ruin new years for him. I'll make a longer post later.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

qhat posted:

Receptive up to around 10%, unless it's a big role and the counter-offer is a main competitor, then it can be anything.

i've been worrying that I could have got an extra 10% since I didn't counter offer, but I also confidently said I would need a a very compelling offer because my job is very cushy (didn't know I meant workload not pay), but I was just ecstatic to break six figgies and they said it was above market and not to tell any one (obviously). I also asked for a 10% signing bonus and got it.

I see 3 salaries for my title at the same office on glassdoor, the first was 30k more than me (which seemed insanely high), the 2nd was the same and 3rd was 10k less.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i am happy with it, it’s a 60% bump from the last job, I would be happy with the same pay just to get away from my current job

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
On a related note my new job has the perk of free door dash delivery but its not available in my lovely small town.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
at my last job my coworker turned manager has been a sysadmin for 10 YEARS and still cannot stand up a vsphere cluster , configure a router or write a script
so I did absolutely everything and it pissed me off so much he was getting paid to do nothing, even though he was a nice guy

the last 2 weeks before I left all I did was recorded zoom meeting all day everyday explaining how to do the basics of the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yup i wanted to do this but someone else stepped in and by the time i could butt in again we were out of time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ interviewing is garbage!

maybe he just likes drugs