Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
oof. had a first interview for a senior position at SketchUp yesterday, things were going pretty well, then in literally the last 5 minutes had a technical question sprung on me, it wouldn't have been so bad except they wanted me to write actual code in a shared google doc. was the classic "find the longest consecutive string of 1s in an array of 1s and 0s" question, but with the abrupt context switch from personal questions, the awkwardness of coding in a word processor, and the time limit, i blanked and things didn't go well. i was able to fumble out a solution, but it wasn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Quackles posted:

Ew, they couldn't even spring for a CoderPad?

i mean, the whole thing was over google meets, they could have given me the question, and i could have popped up the ide of my choice, and shared my screen. ¯\_(°_°)_/¯

edit: to clarify, i did ask if they wanted me to do that, they did not. they wanted it in the GDoc.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
Leadership decided on a whim that my project and project team wasn't needed anymore, so now i'm on the hunt.

People keep telling me that i need to hire someone to "optimize" my resume to get past AI filters or some bullshit. Is there truth to that, I skimmed this thread but didn't see anything?