Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Let us not forget Darth Pagenaud

https://twitter.com/indy44/status/891030328508153856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

thisLambo posted:

If there (ever) was a bump day , it'd be great if Sage was bumped. By [insert hilarious driver choice here]

Tristan Gommendy.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

wicka posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...ndycar-1005719/

Kinda surprised Cosworth wouldn't be able to enter ICS on their own.

Why does it surprise you. The last time Cosworth was completely independent in Indycar they got blown out by the manufacturers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Single cylinder posting

Human Grand Prix posted:

Why does it surprise you. The last time Cosworth was completely independent in Indycar they got blown out by the manufacturers.

When in the world was that?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

quote:

"It looks like we're going to be at a minimum of 34 cars, maybe 35 or 36, which is brilliant for the Speedway," Schmidt added.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/1...-indy-500-entry

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

New bump day procedure: Only qualify 32 cars, then have the remaining drivers race USAC midgets at IRP to determine the final entrant.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

wicka posted:

When in the world was that?

87-91. In 1992 the Ford badging (and money) returned and they were basically instantly competitive. If they entered now it might be the Lotus-Judd MK II.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Single cylinder posting

Human Grand Prix posted:

87-91. In 1992 the Ford badging (and money) returned and they were basically instantly competitive. If they entered now it might be the Lotus-Judd MK II.

It's 2018.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

If there are 34-36 cars qualifying, they'll have to move Pole Day back to Saturday and Bump Day to Sunday. It wouldn't work the way it has been the last few years.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

wicka posted:

It's 2018.

You need money to win. Manufacturer money. It would be nice if I was wrong but...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Single cylinder posting

Human Grand Prix posted:

You need money to win. Manufacturer money. It would be nice if I was wrong but...

It's not a particularly expensive series or complicated engine formula. It may well be that Cosworth still can't afford it, but it's literally the exact opposite situation from the late 80s.

Anyway, McLaren should buy Cosworth.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Problem with any race affiliated group that stops racing for a long period is all the dudes who really want to go racing (and can command racing-level salaries) leave, and brain-drain takes over. I'm not convinced Cosworth could come in and compete right away anymore, their last pro level project I'm aware of is the Nissan LMP1 in 2015.

Cosworth, prove me wrong in 2020 bitches.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

One of these is good.

I'm, uh, genuinely surprised Cosworth is even still a thing. I was really surprised to see their name on that IndyCar onboard.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm, uh, genuinely surprised Cosworth is even still a thing. I was really surprised to see their name on that IndyCar onboard.

Thats Cosworth electronics, previously known as Pi Research. They are one of the biggest players in racing wire harnesses, data aq, all that stuff.

The powertrain side of Cosworth is different.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Diligence is the mother of Luck

Life Comes at you Fast.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

the best ending

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That car looks like a cartoon character that totally expected this ending.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

That car looks like a cartoon character that totally expected this ending.

something straight out of the Flinstones - *squawk* "It's a living"

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

College Slice

Oh come on every NASCAR champ in that race crashed. Now crashing in the 500 that will be something of note.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/19245893...N&soutkn=XoyqG5

quote:

It's a package deal of 2 stickers for $25 to help my friend Robin Miller cover the mounting medical bills during his fight against bone marrow cancer. Payment goes directly to Robin's bank via PayPal. The more stickers you buy, the more medical invoices we make disappear.

Drawn by the great Roger Warrick, Robin's dear pal and occasional nemesis A.J. Foyt serves up a warmly deceptive smile while pressing the button on an air strike using some of his favorite tools of destruction--a laptop, a hammer, a steak, and a rocket carrying one of his classic criticisms.

"That's for certain sure," another of Super Tex's catch phrases, brings it home.

The 4-inch square sticker is durable which, considering the abuse Miller gives most of his friends and fans, seems fitting.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

drat, that sucks, I had no idea about Robin Miller. $25 is unfortunately a drop in the ocean when it comes to leukemia treatment, my dad is easily well north of $600k in medical bills so far with his treatments and hospital stays. Thankfully he has good insurance and hasnít had to pay a dime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minto Took
Dec 4, 2002

Fun Shoe

It took 250 grand to cut out my wifeís tumored thyroid. We also have good insurance, so we payed a fraction.

What Iím saying is, seize the means of production.

«10 »