Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I am pumped to see Sato dominate and win every race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is Rossi in a competitive team?

...is Sato in a competitive team? I'm still trying to figure out who the big teams are.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is Sato Penske material?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Definitely going to be interesting to see Carlin that's in a top level domestic series instead of junior categories. Are they running a single car or two?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Two—Charlie “Murphy” Kimball and Are Max Chilton moving over from Ganassi to form the Carlin squad.

I don't know who Kimball is but uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH to the second

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Any podcast that features Mario Andretti has always been fantastic. The breadth of his racing experience, all of his stories, surviving that era of F1 and racing in general, the emotion in his voice whenever he brings up Ronnie Peterson...

God, why do all of his descendants suck so loving much?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The random Petronas teal ruins it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Peanut President posted:

Petronas doesn't own the copyright on teal.

Sure but that teal is hella Petronas

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm, uh, genuinely surprised Cosworth is even still a thing. I was really surprised to see their name on that IndyCar onboard.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxe2EUYCyDc

new cars are looking wiggly (and also looking fantastic) at sebring

Holy hell the new cars look awesome and lmao I feel so bad for the drivers going over all those bumps.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WindyMan posted:

What happens when you take away 20% of a car's downforce and then race them in the wet?

oh boy

You red flag it because it's IndyCar?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alfa Romeo is gonna happen. Also Toyota.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
These are some of the best looking open wheelers ever.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Spaced God posted:

this seems like the season hinchcliffe wins the championship. i just feel it.

More like the Canadian that still has a drive to push and win and not the other guy who is motivated purely to retain his celebrity status and feed his ego.

Wickens owns. Hopes he snatches all of Hinchcliffe's personal sponsors too. Feels good to have some proper Canadian representation now--- feeling extra motivated to actually go to the race in Toronto now whoo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

this is a bad take

Words uttered by Hinchcliffe on several occasions no doubt as he ignores calls from his race engineers in order to re-do a commercial so they can get his "best side"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah the cars look so good. The Napa livery is easily the best.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm so excited to see how Wickens does. Finally, someone whose name than starts with wick that isn't an unhinged lunatic!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Wickens is gonna win.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Spaced God posted:

Someone on twitter is saying all the spins are bad for first time viewers which :lol:

Also Helio in the booth, I'm excite

Commercials playing during race restarts.... now that's whats gonna turn off people.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah, I no longer loving like Rossi even remotely. gently caress him. What a piece of poo poo. gently caress you Alexander Rossi you F1 reject piece of poo poo. gently caress you forever.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm not angry at the winner.

Yeah, Bourdais winning after his accident is at least nice.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Cygni posted:

i see we already got a GOTDANG FOREIGNERS AND THEIR ROAD COURSES, REAL AMERICANS WATCH OVALS comment in there. and lets take a look at the gent who made the comment:

lol

Don't doxx yourself.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/unrepentant-rossi-blames-wickens-for-controversial-st-pete-clash-1013753/

So Rossi blames Wickens for the crash by saying Wickens moved under braking and forced him on to the marbles which made him lose control and crash into Wickens.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

financially racist posted:

rossi takes out wickens in the last turn on the last lap to win the indy 500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aed5_85SMb4

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Even smashed it still looks really good.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The coverage of St. Petersburg was the only bad thing about that entire race (besides the physical manifestion of Hitler, Genghis Khan, Attilia the Hun and Henry Kissinger in the form of Alexander Rossi).

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Does John Watson still do commentary? Him and Ben Edwards were a great combo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

IOwnCalculus posted:

In all seriousness I'd like to see at least DeBruhl make the jump, but I'm partial because he was on the local news for so drat long.

Alternate nightmare fuel: Danica in the booth after Indy.

"Danica, thoughts on how this race will play out??"

"According to the vernal equinox and my semi-powered J.O. crystal I believe Max Chilton has a genuine shot at becoming champion in only the 2nd race of the season"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WindyMan posted:

Don't be sad that it's dead, be happy that it was alive. :unsmith:

Wow, these pics side-by-side makes it very jarring. Almost like that entire town went down the shitter.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
IndyCar is booming. The new cars are fantastic.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WindyMan posted:

Benefit of Dale Jr moving to NBC:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/981294211214561285

Is it May 2019 yet?

Maybe he'll have an epiphany that he wasted his entire life driving garbage tanks on garbage ovals in NASCAR and should have been racing open-wheelers on ovals instead... the only combination that works.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Looking forward to Rossi crashing out and losing. Dumbass.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

rossi is gonna be a championship contender this season

This but Wickens

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

WindyMan posted:

I hear Monster Energy is available in a year or two

I really hope it's not an Energy Drinks company especially not Monster. Sponsor individual drivers if you want but if they sponsor a series they're gonna make it all-out Bro-Dudeism.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
One of the most incredibly amateur things one could do lol

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

George Zimmer posted:

Omg bourdais

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The thumbnail showing RHR getting his front wing replaced really sums it all up.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Really? Not even wet testing runs? That's going to be pure chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Max "I'm cold :(" Chilton