Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Reynold posted:

Dinner with Racers is an excellent podcast. They did a two-parter with Mario Andretti that I really liked, interviewed Robin Miller, etc. Definitely recommended listening.

I've only listened to the first few so far (Pumpelly, Varsha and Legge) but this does remind me I wanted to ask a question.

Katherine was asked who her worst teammate was and without the slightest hesitation she said Bourdais and called him a dochebag. They didn't really expand on it past that point, does anyone know if there's any specific reasoning there?

harperdc posted:

Chilton was with Carlin forever in Europe and I believe his family (brother Tom and sponsor/father) also have ties with Carlin.

His father has been part owner of the team since 2009 yes.

Wirth1000 posted:

Any podcast that features Mario Andretti has always been fantastic. The breadth of his racing experience, all of his stories, surviving that era of F1 and racing in general, the emotion in his voice whenever he brings up Ronnie Peterson...

Mario ambled into the booth during one of the Indy 500 practice days (or it might even have been Alonso's test). Either way it was just a beautiful thing to listen to him talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Reynold posted:

My understanding is that they fired her before her contract was up and tried to site her performance and lack of racing ability in general, and the team got Bourdais to go along with it and make public statements along those lines. He basically threw her under the bus. If there was more reason than that, I didn’t catch it.

Makes sense, and is entirely unfair given they signed her for a full season, dropped the Lotus, could only get 1 chevy and then proceeded to dump her with just the remaining 4 ovals after Indy.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

IOwnCalculus posted:

Gonna be edgy and say Danica DNS. Given that she hasn't even found a Daytona ride yet, I don't think any Indycar owners are tripping over themselves to give her a car she's never driven.

The fact she announced she was doing those races without the first clue how pretty much tells you everything you need to know about her in general really.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

Truth be told, I figured it was a done deal/almost done when she said she was doing it and would've guessed Ganassi given he's the only owner who could give her competitive rides in both races.

Yeah, it's incredibly arrogant to just assume people will line up to give you a ride. I assumed SHR were going to run her in at least Daytona but clearly that's not happening.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CBJSprague24 posted:

SHR is maxed out at 4 cars under the team cap and none of their drivers are rookies, so they can't field a fifth car for Daytona and put Danica in one of the first four.

Ah yes, forgot that rule.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The best part of LeMans broadcasts was Lena getting angry at people 5 times her size in the Audi pits. That's a huge win for SSM and Hinchtown.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Still really looks like a junior training car to me but that's probably mostly the roll hoop still.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

Demelo and Fittipaldi officially splitting the 19 for the year, with Paysafe staying the sponsor all year. Demelo will take 10 races (assumedly the non-ovals?) and Fittipaldi the other 7 (assumedly the ovals plus one more?)

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/147254-coyne-officially-confirms-claman-de-melo-fittipaldi

Coyne has two sponsored cars, what is this world coming to.

Any reason you're assuming the guy from the series that runs ovals will do road courses and the guy from the series with no ovals will do ovals?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

* makes grabbing motions *

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Surely the problem is still engine leases?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I hadn't even thought of that.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That car looks like a cartoon character that totally expected this ending.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

WindyMan posted:

Look at all of those pretty sponsors.

Yeah I was just thinking it's nice to see two properly sponsored Dale Coyne entries without paniced phone calls to Sonny's and the Boy Scouts.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

WindyMan posted:

What happens when you take away 20% of a car's downforce and then race them in the wet?

oh boy

As a watcher of European motorsport, let me assure you "Rene Binder" is what's going to happen.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aww yiss P1 in the fantasy league :smugdog:

e: snype

I had Bourdais :agesilaus:

I also had Wickens :argh:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

What's better than one charity scam on a car? Two charity scams on a car!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Not sure actually, maybe it's one charity scam and one government backhander.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

I don’t know if Komen is a scam as much as it’s just a waste of money. “Awareness” and all. Pippa doesn’t take any money from any of them though, her family is ultra loaded.

They raised last year about 1% of what it costs to run the car, I presume Pippa's paying to actually run the thing.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The argument for closing the pits was demonstrated by F1 (which doesn't) this weekend where the timing of the safety car essentially handed the race to Ricciardo and Red Bull.

Of course those things will probably even out.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The obvious answer is for Coyne to put DeMelo in the car I guess.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If Coyne can't replace Fittipaldi we're down to 34 though...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well that owns.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And immediately setting a respectable speed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Assuming Jay Howard's sponsors don't take the cheque, the only other obvious target for Hinch seems to be the Scuderia Corsa entry to me.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

IOwnCalculus posted:

Looked like one on my phone :shrug:

Apparently it was Chilton on the receiving end.

And thus being British knows exactly what two fingers means...

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"It was the foreign lady".

loving idiots.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Synthetic Hermit posted:

For ordinary soy milk, I agree. But Edensoy Original is different. It contains extra ingredients that make it more digestible and more satisfying.

Is one of those ingredients "Milk"?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

KingShibby posted:

Considering you can bring in your own water/food, I honestly don't think that's too much money. Especially for a once a year event. But then again since I decided to not have a bunch of kids and have discretionary income I guess that makes me privileged

It isn't, if you have the attachment to go out there.

Which it's difficult to get if you weren't allowed to see it on TV until the news and latterly, the internet had already ruined for it.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm fairly sure it's just a guy who owns a lot of Ferrari dealerships, kind of like the old Andy Evans Scandia team that ran like 69 cars in the 1996 Indy 500 before he ran out of money. (I always assumed he was some kind of fraud figure but apparently he had legit 90s Silicon Valley boom money that he pretty much squandered on racing)

I thought you were kidding but no joke he actually ran 7 loving cars in that event. Got them all into the race too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I wonder if Nissan will can Nico Prost at the first opportunity after Renault leaves since he can't produce a result and is almost surely there because nepotism

Already announced.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Didn't quite get my basement done for Le Mans, but it was together in time for Elkhart

I have never wanted a basement more.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basticle posted:

Dragonspeed wants to partner with a larger team and run a single car next season then do that half the year and WEC in the winters

It's a smart move, once you get out on your own with that, it helps provide continuity of employment and work for all your guys as well as giving everyone hugely valuable experience.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

I picked up a Rene Binder driver card.

Well it's not like it'd be difficult to catch.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yeah but one of them is Rene Binder.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I remember Katherine Legge saying he's an arsehole but I don't know if that was just to her or in general.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

That popped up a bit around the Canadian GP, but now that Force India are in administration, I’m expecting to hear some good rumors. Wonder where the cash would come from in that case, though. Force India has run very close on budget, but even in administration, purchasing the team would be $100mil or more, surely?

More, you'd need $100m just to make up for the prize money that's currently being stolen from them.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Well there sort of is, just the entry requirements are stupid.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

About $6.25 in the UK.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is there anywhere we can give to stop him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Space Racist posted:

"We were very impressed with Santino at Detroit this year, and not just by his performance behind the wheel, but also by his professionalism and maturity outside of the race car,” Coyne said.

I feel like Trident Motorsport would have something to say about his professionalism and maturity.

Is it like Sergei Sirotkin is bringing about 15 million professionalism and maturities to Williams?