Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That sponsor is incredibly Champ Car World Series

Sounds like it's actually a pretty major insurance company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

Sounds like Hinch is getting what he wanted to resign. More engineering help, more budget, better teammate (thats his buddy no less), manufacturer testing, etc. They are definitely putting together the pieces to try to consistently challenge for race-wins.

I do expect Wickens to be consistently faster than Hinch, at least on the twisties, once he gets a handle on driving IndyCars though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

Why bother with the farewell tour if she doesn't want to drive?

To sell more leggings.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Courtney Force Rahal.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

They should start all entires.

But reserve the top 25 spots to teams who've run the whole season...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Any goons working for a team please put :frog: on the LED panel.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Start the FIAT 3rd engine manufacturer rumors again...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's Scott Speed with an Indy 500 win.

I wish NBC would've had the broadcast to hear PT's take on the crash.

Ask and you shall receive...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgNEDoJFC02/

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pretty sharp looking scheme.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

IOwnCalculus posted:

This is true. I suppose in '93 after the first few laps literally all that happened was Paul Tracy passing lapped cars, followed by him wrecking, followed by Emmo wrecking.

I just don't get why that qualifies as "pack the loving stands" and Saturday's race with Rossi driving through the field twice was "bad".

Really I just don't know what Indycar could do. I'd love them to get more power again, but I don't think that would change the crowds at all. They're already the fastest cars that run on that track by a wide margin.

Need more Good ol' boy drivers with names like Ed Jones and Scott Dixon, not pansy furrin' names like Alexander Rossi or Josef Newgarden.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

Max "I'm cold :(" Chilton

Fake Englishman spotted.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Think it'll be somebody with a budget who's likely to keep the car in one piece this month rather than it simply being the person with the largest budget.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's not entirely rosso corsa and therefore uncool.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Welcome Nyck de Vries and Lando Norris to IndyCar.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Danica would ask for a bottle of kombucha, probably.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Seeing rumors float around that Leena Gade is out at SPM.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

WTF I hate Hinch now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

In the short term lifting the blackout might reduce attendance somewhat, but it pays off in the future because you'll be exposing the race to more people (e.g., kids with parents who don't care about the 500) and building local interest in the race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

T Bowl posted:

I went to the 500 from 1995-2002 with my Dad but haven't really been into it since, but I kind of want to care again.

I can see how going to all those IRL 500s could turn you off to the race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Fauxhawk Express posted:

This should've been recycled for use as the winner's trophy:

I want to live in a world where Alonso hoists that poo poo over his head next year.

The trophy they use isn't any better:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My favorite thing about watching old IRL races was seeing them proudly announce a sponsorship deal with "the biggest internet search company in the world", which was, of course, Northern Light. 2000 was a wild time.

I mean I was a pretty savvy internet user at that time and I had never heard of Northern Light until they sponsored the IRL.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

And while Marco Andretti, the team’s most tenured driver, has received interest from one other IndyCar outfit, he is expected to return to his father’s program with a new extension.

:thunk:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Conquer Paralysis Now? That doesn't sound good...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://racer.com/2018/08/23/daly-rejects-racial-slur-claims/

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rodolfo Lavin Jr. and his Corona sponsorship please.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

iirc, McDonalds also didn't pay for the year they ran as TK's primary in the Forsythe satellite team.

I vaguely recall there being a televised McDonald’s commercial that featured that car. Or am I imagining things?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

King probably brings some money so my guess is he may stick around. He has shown flashes of speed but just needs a bit more seasoning.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Alonso to Penske IMO.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Felix Rosenqvist officially confirmed as the driver of the #10 car.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Zanardi did a race weekend in DTM this year with hand controls. That's certainly one way Wickens can get back into racing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Make an offer that includes that nose cone/wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/1061335401640669184