Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Feh. They'll kill whoever the 16th seed is, and after that, every game is little more than a coinflip.

I know this is a defense mechanism and I don't want to tamper with it too much, but UVA was 65% favored to win this game at a neutral site against another top 10 Kenpom team. Unless you're defining "coin flip" as something that happens basically 2 out of every 3 times, they are unlikely to get anything close to that until the Elite Eight, should they avoid upsets to that point. Especially with how top-heavy the bracket is shaping up so far.

Not looking forward to a potential matchup with Purdue or Cincy though with a Final Four on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona/USC is a pretty bad game.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Arizona/USC is a pretty bad game.

:confused:

It's close and Ayton is having a hell of a game

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

:confused:

It's close and Ayton is having a hell of a game

Close is not necessarily good, both teams had individual 4+ minute stretches of non scoring in the first half. Second half has been a bit better.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
As great as Ayton is, they basicaly live and die by PJC. I'm not totally comfortable with that.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Penn-Harvard has been pretty good so far, even if the Ivy is way down this year.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols bitch

Let’s bring it home

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
cayuts

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Woof. This is not a pretty game

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols can’t hit poo poo. Starting to get out of hand.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this is so therapeutic

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since when does Kentucky use checkerboard? Couldn’t come up with something on their own?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Admiral baby!!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Down 5 at the half, I’ll take it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Down 5 at the half, I’ll take it.

Good rally, just hope they can keep it up

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good rally, just hope they can keep it up

UK has some foul trouble, I think we can pull it out.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Joey Freshwater posted:

Since when does Kentucky use checkerboard? Couldn’t come up with something on their own?

A couple years now, and most fans seem to think it's stupid, or copying Tennessee which makes it even worse. The AD loves it though, says it based on Secretariat. Which, fine, horses and Kentucky, but he wasn't even from here and is more associated with what he did in Louisville, not Lexington.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

yeah I don’t really care for the checkerboard

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

:effort:

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

gently caress dick vitale

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Pretty clearly off Kentucky there. Come on refs.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

maxallen posted:

gently caress dick vitale

i'd rather not

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

schofield concussed maybe?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress, big loss if Schofield can’t come back.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

If Davidson pulls this out they could really gently caress up someone's season next week. They'd be a hilarious matchup for Arizona, all 3s on one hand and Ayton dunks on the other.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

not feeling great with all these fouls tho

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
:stare: :stare:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

how the gently caress did he make that shot

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

CAYUTS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Come on Grant. What was that weak poo poo??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I was thinking that I wish Dick Vitale was dead but I also then thought he would actually be really funny commentating a funeral. He should record something for his own. Oh baby it was a real knee knocker and then the cancer got him good.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
And some unknown bubble team just had their hearts broken.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Goddamn it.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

good game vols

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

HELL WITH KENTUCKY

at least black lung will kill them all anyway

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

c a t s

cats
cats
cats

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Haha, Davidson just killed off someone's bid, sadly it won't be Oklahoma's but maybe at least Arizona State's?

As a 3 or 4 seed you absolutely do not want Davidson.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
congrats cats (of davidson)

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

c a t s

cats
cats
cats

i can be comforted knowing you live in the 2nd worst state to live in in the country (behind mississippi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Cats

:toot:

• Locked thread