Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
So glad we didn't lose to Tennessee three times in one year. Though the football win would help the sting at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

maxallen posted:

i can be comforted knowing you live in the 2nd worst state to live in in the country (behind mississippi)

Lexington is very nice; that said, i don’t live in KY any more

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Lexington sucks. If I had to live in Kentucky again, I'd settle for Berea.

(Lexington does have good Indian food, though.)

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
growing up in Lexington was fine, just not if you're in that 18-35 category imo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Radford-LIU actually been decent so far.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress Steve Alford forever and ever

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This Bonnie's guard I have never seen before is now my favorite basketball player of all time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I irrationally like St. Bonaventure despite seeing them maybe three times in my entire life so go loving Bonnies bitch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

This Bonnie's guard I have never seen before is now my favorite basketball player of all time

The best part of the tournament is finding like 10 different guys to say this about

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Middle Tennessee playing with a little spite in their step.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Amazing accent on this coach

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

gently caress Steve Alford forever and ever

Agreed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Should someone (me? I don't know anything about college basketball out of the context of the players as NBA prospects) make a tournament gameday thread or is this fine?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

Should someone (me?) make a tournament gameday thread or is this fine?

There should definitely be one on Thursday but I think the play-in games and NIT can go here just fine.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--or that works too

Rick posted:

Should someone (me? I don't know anything about college basketball out of the context of the players as NBA prospects) make a tournament gameday thread or is this fine?

Just bump it Thursday morning so people can find it if you do imo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
That seems like a good way to do it, xpost.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lol a Steve Alford collapse? Never seen that before.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That was one of the worst foul calls of all time

Holliday clearly pushed off

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Hahahaha eat poo poo, Alford.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FartingBedpost posted:

Lol a Steve Alford collapse? Never seen that before.

pubic works project posted:

Hahahaha eat poo poo, Alford.

:hfive:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yo O'Neal there's still room for you come back.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol get out Bruins

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Can't believe the Bonnies are about to beat UCLA shooting under 40%

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
"what is Alford drawing up here?" followed immediately by Holliday going 1 on 4 and committing a horrible turnover is early contender for best moment of the tournament

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Every time an Alford team makes an early exit, an angel gets it’s wings.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FartingBedpost posted:

Every time an Alford team makes an early exit, an angel gets it’s wings.

Some crowded rear end airspace in heaven then

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

I am shocked that one of the most corrupt organizations in sports sided with a pedophile protecting school

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MourningView posted:

Some crowded rear end airspace in heaven then

God is real friends.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The Bonnies, incidentally, are the lowest-ranked at-large in Kenpom terms.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Bye Alford, we hardly knew you

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This isn't Steve's fault, everyone knows UCLA is a football school.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

MourningView posted:

This isn't Steve's fault, everyone knows UCLA is a football school.

lmao

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm enjoying the truTV Awareness Month ad campaign. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Edward Mass posted:

I'm enjoying the truTV Awareness Month ad campaign. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

I'm a little upset that March Madness will pre-empt new episodes of Impractical Jokers, and, in addition, they've run 2 clips shows out of the 5 episodes aired this year. Horrible show management.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i'm watching the NIT thinking 10 minutes have gone in the first half and nobody has scored yet but it turns out they are doing 4 quarters?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

boop the snoot posted:

i'm watching the NIT thinking 10 minutes have gone in the first half and nobody has scored yet but it turns out they are doing 4 quarters?

It’s an NIT only thing as an experiment. Couple other rule changes too.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

boop the snoot posted:

Bigger lane, shorter shot clock, sightly longer 3 pt, double bonus after 5 fouls/quarter.

Earliest any rules could show in main game is 2019.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Don't take away the agony of the 1 and 1 please I live off the suffering of others

Except take it away for this NCAA tournament only for no reason not at all any bias on my part

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hey, this Cuse/Arizona St game isn't half bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Troy Queef posted:

hey, this Cuse/Arizona St game isn't half bad

I think it's a close game that's actually bad. Or, I've completely forgotten how games tend to look when Syracuse is playing their zone.

• Locked thread