Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'm not one to complain about the refs but these Purdue-Penn State refs have been real bad so far.

Not that it matters, Purdue gonna lose anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

also Wichita State beat Cincy at "home" (they're playing at NKU's barn this year due to renovations at Shoemaker, remember--personally I would have preferred they use the Gardens but that got closed and torn down last year), which is good because it made Mick Cronin madder than he usually is

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Mike Watkins is such a shithead

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Gutsy win for Purdue, especially with no Vince Edwards in the lineup. Eifert played well in his place.

I also enjoyed the karma of Watkins missing that late FT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is no such thing as Big 12 refs. I should make it my signature.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

There is no such thing as Big 12 refs. I should make it my signature.

I was sitting around all day waiting for this post, you're slipping in your old age.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

When it is West Virginia it just means a ref actually had the stones to call more than 10% of their fouls.

Yeah, I'd feel bad if it were any other team, but it isn't, so I'm not.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Zerilan posted:

I love Huggins.

gently caress refs and gently caress Kansas.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this northwestern season is legit depressing

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What is the point of ESPN having their own streaming platform if they don't show the games that are being overrun by an earlier game going long? I had to guess that the Mizzou game was on ESPNews channel.

lol ole miss is shooting way loving above average from three, always love to see mizzou get hit with that

mizzou going to lose at home to the worst team in the league, great job guys

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 21, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Why am I watching this LSU-Vanderbilt game? At least Tremont Waters is pretty fun to watch. Will Wade appears to be a good coach getting this group of players to the record they have.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Oh, hey. Waters just got his 159th assist to pass Ben Simmons for most LSU assists by a freshman. It was a highlight worthy one, too. He rocked the baby going to the rim, got two guys to jump, then passed it around them to a diving cutter for an open dunk.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mizzou's gonna find a way yet to miss the tournament

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

still time for mizzou to blow the comeback, but the refs have been favorable so far

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mizzou keeps coming up with ways to trick me into thinking they might not fall apart down the stretch

Figured things were trending in the right direction as they comfortably outplayed Ole Miss for most of the second half, and yet, here we are

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

It is really incredible the degree to which Mizzou can be guaranteed to choke away leads.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
jesus christ mizzou

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Big win for Kentucky on the road at Arkansas. Probably the most complete game they've played this year, despite being down 11-0 to start the game. Great movement away from the ball on offense, and solid defense.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

literally snatching defeat from t he jaws of victory. fast break layup and you get stuffed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mizzou gets bailed out after running the world's shittiest 4-on-1 fast break

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

i love it, this team cannot win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
One thing I will point out is that Tilmon and Porter are both still in the game, in overtime. Having played a lot.

Just noteworthy since it would have been unthinkable like 3 weeks ago.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Grittybeard posted:

One thing I will point out is that Tilmon and Porter are both still in the game, in overtime. Having played a lot.

Just noteworthy since it would have been unthinkable like 3 weeks ago.

...and they missed four OT free throws in a one-point game

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

this team has no finish it's so funny

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

xbilkis posted:

...and they missed four OT free throws in a one-point game

Hey, gotta take the good with the bad.

Missouri is truly impressively awful at finishing games.

I feel like Geist is probably not the guy to be taking all the late game shots but whatever. :rip: SEC tourney bye, hopefully they still sneak into the actual tourney.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bad team. No good

Time to look at Kim Anderson-era records to remember how bad things could be

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
soul crushing loss. this time last week i was certain we were close to a lock for the tourney. how quickly things change :negative:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Remember that the selection committee pretty much doesn't care about losses. Beat Kentucky and you're in.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pretty ugly de-rust game for Virginia after the weekend off, but a win's a win.

edit: oh, and that's the 1 seed in the ACCT wrapped, even if Duke wins out and UVA loses out the Cavaliers would still have the tiebreaker.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 22, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OSU doing KU's work for them

edit: spoke too soon?

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 22, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Pitt blew what must be their last chance at an ACC win, losing at home to a Wake Forest team that hasn't won an away game since December, and only three games total since then.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

For fucks sake - Tim Brando is calling the Purdue-Illinois game :mad:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Carsen Edwards is just a loving BEAST

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
40 for CEd and the senior class has a win in every B1G stadium. :)

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

Carsen Edwards is just a loving BEAST

40 points on the night (first Boiler to get 40 since Glenn Robinson)
2 dunks including this war crime:

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/966853195585613824

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Drexel came back from 34 points down to beat Delaware tonight. Biggest D1 comeback ever, breaking a record set in 1950.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

40 points on the night (first Boiler to get 40 since Glenn Robinson)
2 dunks including this war crime:

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/966853195585613824

Next season will be slow, but if the touted incoming class develops going into the following season, CEd's senior year with a junior Haarms could be extremely fun.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Next season will be slow, but if the touted incoming class develops going into the following season, CEd's senior year with a junior Haarms could be extremely fun.

I have hopes for them as a sleeper next year. The incoming class is solid and the red-shirt guys have some promise. There will be growing pains, but they'll be tough by the end of the season.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

I have hopes for them as a sleeper next year. The incoming class is solid and the red-shirt guys have some promise. There will be growing pains, but they'll be tough by the end of the season.

Honestly it's a fun season when you can be competitive with grit and defense and surprise some people, even if a championship is way out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Poque posted:

Honestly it's a fun season when you can be competitive with grit and defense and surprise some people, even if a championship is way out of the question.

True, but Painter's going to steal Romeo Langford from IU and win the 2nd of back to back titles.

• Locked thread