Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

elentar posted:

Drexel came back from 34 points down to beat Delaware tonight. Biggest D1 comeback ever, breaking a record set in 1950.
Game probably won't count anyway, Delaware had Ray Allen playing for them and no one noticed. Respect to Drexel on the comeback, though. Normally you have to think you're a #1 seed to be that far down at the half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress to rosemont

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

drat, what a dagger in the heart for IU with that double OT finish. IU gets a go ahead layup with 8 seconds left and OSU nails a NBA+ 3 to win.

Bad day for the Millers.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan up 54-24 on Maryland at the half. Wasn't expecting this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Michigan up 54-24 on Maryland at the half. Wasn't expecting this

out of conference refs?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
lol on Dakich not knowing if Chris Farley was alive or not. Oh man that conversation was awkward gold.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Goddammit Virginia Tech is gonna let Louisville back into the tournament.

edit: Miami escapes BC somehow. UVA-Pitt is not fair.

elentar fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 24, 2018

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Pittsburgh might reach 25 points. Knew this wasn't going to be close, but oh dear.

e: Villanova seems to be doing everything it can to shed its 1 seed over the past three weeks, but the world just won't let them.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 24, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Epperson from Chreighton is definitely 12, someone investigate this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hahahaha good lord Virginia

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lol that KU is choking this away to Texas Tech with a gimped Keenan Evans

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Power of Pecota posted:

just lol if you think kansas is gonna lose

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a Villanova fan I'd appreciate it.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia played almost the entire second half with the bottom of their bench and they still won by 29. Pitt is a shambles.

Anyways, that's the ACC outright for the 3rd time in 5 years. Wonder if the freak injury bug will actually stay away this year.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Pitt blows

gently caress a Cyclone

May A Meteor land in Lubbick

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Power of Pecota posted:

mmm yes lol indeed

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Death, taxes, etc.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They're really dragging out the suspense on MPJ's return huh

https://twitter.com/Dave_Matter/status/967551281010237441

e: He's not even in uniform for the game, boo

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 25, 2018

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou with a good start to the game, egregious turnover after getting caught in the corner. CAYUTS gonna take this one by 15.

Mizzou's offense is so putrid. Jontay drives the lane, has a good look, and decides to stop and kick it out behind the arc. Gonna be a long night

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 25, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Apparently Missouri isn't going to beat Kentucky because they go 0-30 from 3 or whatever it was in the first game again.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The main importance of MPJ returning is that Kevin Puryear has his minutes cut by 75%

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
No Trier for Arizona either.

So far no problem.

E: Ayton is really fired up.

E2: They're really re-suspending Trier for what he was already suspended 19 games for? This is bullshit.

E3: Ayton dribbles 30 feet to break a press and slams it home

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 25, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat how many times is this loving ESPN ticker going to mention Trier and Ayton??? We get it. Stop loving talking about it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Part of the problem here is that Arizona's already really bad point guard situation is even worse without Trier because they're down to one ball handler and PJC isn't the best PG on Earth anyway.

Good of Oregon to ice their own shooter, lol.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Is Houston really leading ECU 62-13 at half?!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FartingBedpost posted:

Is Houston really leading ECU 62-13 at half?!

Yep, it's a little taking out frustration from losing to Memphis. UH eventually took the foot off the gas at 75-19.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Korranus posted:

Yep, it's a little taking out frustration from losing to Memphis. UH eventually took the foot off the gas at 75-19.

That 71-17 palindrome is the biggest I've ever seen.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Carsen Edwards is dialed in again.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Dakota Mathias is dialed in again.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Gonna miss watching these seniors - Mathias is unconscious right now

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Blowing out Minnesota isn't exactly hard to do right now, but good to see Purdue play its best game in awhile today.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ColdBlooded posted:

Blowing out Minnesota isn't exactly hard to do right now, but good to see Purdue play its best game in awhile today.

It's really annoying to be annoyed with a 26-5 season after I was just hoping for a 20 win season. Extra infuriating to lose those five games by a combined 15 points! No loss by more than 4. Crazy season and still in the running for the first 30 win season in school history

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Refs trying real hard to gently caress up this NC State-Florida State game, 8 minutes in and 15 fouls already with both teams in the bonus.

edit: fouls aside, that was definitely State's best half this year. hope they don't gently caress it up, winning this game would pretty much wrap up the bid.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 26, 2018

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

That’s NC State’s first 4-game ACC winning streak since 2006.

If they can beat Georgia Tech in Atlanta Thursday, it'd be the first five-game streak since 2004, which remains by leaps and bounds the best State team of the 21st century.

I thought this was a function of the ACC being uniquely bad or at least mediocre this year, but there were some really loving bad years round about 2012 and 13, and State still couldn't get it done.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 26, 2018

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

KEVIN KEATTS DA GAWD

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Congrats to Rutgers on their last place threepeat

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Contract Northwestern

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
C'mon a Hokie!

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Nur_Neerg posted:

C'mon a Hokie!

Ahahahahahah how about them motherfucking Hokies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Get hosed, Duke.

Chris Clarke is becoming one of my favorite players. Dude gives it everything he has on each possession.

• Locked thread