Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So Keatts seems like a good hire so far

(oh god my nerves)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yeah I don't want to diminish the players role or anything, but every other coach in the country needs to be stealing everything that UVA is doing on defense right now. If I eat these words, so be it, but they held Clemson to 36, and #4 Duke's going to be lucky to score 50 on their home court.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Yeah I don't want to diminish the players role or anything, but every other coach in the country needs to be stealing everything that UVA is doing on defense right now. If I eat these words, so be it, but they held Clemson to 36, and #4 Duke's going to be lucky to score 50 on their home court.

That was just asking for a 30-point Grayson burst, ugh.

The problem with adapting the pack-line is it's not intuitive in the least and it seems to take at least a full year for players to get the scheme and the conditioning necessary to pull it off. And getting players who are OK with redshirting or sitting a lot that first year means you're going to be working at a recruiting disadvantagenot enough of one to derail most games, but enough that you're always at risk from a super-athletic team that can bully you inside or get very hot from 3. Duke is both, so this one ain't over.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yep, my bad, this is on me. Ffs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

hahaha gently caress Duke gently caress UNC today is a good day

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Nick Richards with his 2nd missed dunk of the season. UK has no chance against this pressure.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/secnetwork/status/957413848402874368

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UK wins 83-76 at WVU after trailing by 17 early in the second half. Huge win for this team, first top 25 win this year. Loved the fight in the second half after being down so much at halftime, and career night for Kevin Knox. This team is starting to come together finally.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Virginia Tech is not a good team, but are liable to end up in the semifinals of the ACC tournament. They're able to hang around just enough to win by four points. They'll get slaughtered deep in the ACC tournament, but they're going to wreck a life or two getting to that point.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mississippi Valley State won at home today against Jackson State, which means there will be no winless teams in D1 this year. Kenpom had Jackson State winning by 3.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Tim Brando is insufferable

Hard to believe this is the same IU team that lost to Illinois in one of the worst played games i've ever seen.
Or the same team that lost to Indiana State and Fort Wayne

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Tim Brando is insufferable

Hard to believe this is the same IU team that lost to Illinois in one of the worst played games i've ever seen.
Or the same team that lost to Indiana State and Fort Wayne

They're playing like they played against Duke and following the Michigan blueprint. Purdue just needs to hit the open 3s they're getting.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

That waved off 3 is huge.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue (probably) survives a very ugly game.

Ugly except for this:

https://twitter.com/PurdueOnBTN/status/957744643050885120

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 28, 2018

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I think I just broke my jaw trying to impersonate Haas

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Haas is just jealous that somebody else can actually dunk

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

my favorite part of every northwestern game is the 15 minutes they go when they can't score at all

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
ETHAN HAPP MADE A 3

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat, K-State just couldn't recover from that terrible start. And pretty bad shooting overall

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

why couldn't we play like this at chapel hill? :(

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Illinois has a 34 point lead over Rutgers. Wow.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
82-41 Illinois. Come on, break 100 points!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gently caress a Tar Heel

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Poque posted:

gently caress a Tar Heel

Three straight losses and Pinson might be out for a bit now.

Sadly they get Pitt next, so they'll win that one by 50 or 60 before Duke comes in next week.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Three straight losses and Pinson might be out for a bit now.

Sadly they get Pitt next, so they'll win that one by 50 or 60 before Duke comes in next week.

Think they will still give Duke a game. They need the good Pinson and Maye though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ Vanderbilt you idiots.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Down 17 Saturday. Down 14 today. I'll take the wins but needing a comeback and overtime to beat an 8 win Vanderbilt team at home is not ideal. I like the fight though, just wish we didn't have to get down double digits to find it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Down 17 Saturday. Down 14 today. I'll take the wins but needing a comeback and overtime to beat an 8 win Vanderbilt team at home is not ideal. I like the fight though, just wish we didn't have to get down double digits to find it.

Y'all got bailed the gently caress out.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Y'all got bailed the gently caress out.

Oh, absolutely. Riley LaChance is 0 for his last 5 FTs against UK, including missing all 3 after getting fouled in the last game and missing the front end of a 1-and-1 tonight that would have been the difference in the game.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bruce Pearl is a goddamned miracle worker.

I mean, crooked as hell, but so are most miracle workers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Oh, absolutely. Riley LaChance is 0 for his last 5 FTs against UK, including missing all 3 after getting fouled in the last game and missing the front end of a 1-and-1 tonight that would have been the difference in the game.

Not to mention the foul up two.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a West Virginia Mountaineer. God bless.

Though I refuse to watch the game because no one should ever have to watch what WVU calls 'basketball'.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I imagine his decision is already made but it would be nice to whomp Maryland hard enough to help narrow down Tyger Campbell's final four school choices

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee has now beaten their past two opponents by 23 points each

:getin:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Louisville in the second half got about as hot as you can get against a shorthanded Virginia and UVA still won by 10. 10-0 in the ACC.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 1, 2018

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Cool.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I still dont understand this team. I guess getting killed by Tennessee was a wake up call.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Hey, Mizzou is hitting their shots tonight. Too bad they're still turning the ball over a ton on bad passes and mental mistakes!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri is, as always, dumb as hell. I still wonder about the foul discrepancy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Missouri is, as always, dumb as hell. I still wonder about the foul discrepancy here.

These refs have been pretty hilarious, I don't know what is and isn't a foul.

• Locked thread