Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Don’t know if you guys heard but Miles Bridges is very good at dunking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU just finished in the exact same way two games in a row. Miss two free throws up 3 and then the other team nearly makes a half court shot.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

How did Sparty look today? My dad thought they got pushed around down low and made some stupid plays late in the game but was overall happy with the game. I wasn't able to watch anything but the box score on ESPN.

They were outplayed for most of the game but defended Haas just barely good enough to matter and hit some difficult shots including the gamewinner. Also took care of the ball with the exception of some stupid wannabe Jason Kidd passes by Winston. Jackson was in foul trouble and barely contributed.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wish I could get this salty about a completely unrelated program because they beat my team in the tournament all of two times

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Folks, is number 2 MSU's ranking or a description of their playstyle. Folks,,

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Turned it off in the first half and put it back on 4 minutes ago. My take is: lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Congrats on making a three this half

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think that's the first Wisconsin alley oop I've seen in my life

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

If you don’t like Arch Madness you don’t like basketball. It’s even better now that Loyola is good.

Is the MVC even gonna get two bids now?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oh no now we'll definitely be a 2 seed instead of probably being a 2 seed oh noooooooo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

In retrospect, looking at that post I think 'hate' is kinda strong for Purdue, they're consistantly good and that irritates me (I do and always will hate Michigan tho) Robbie Hummel irritated the hell out of me even though rationally I knew he was a good dude and like, he was always injured so why be upset.

Also I don't like Matt Painter's face. But if their football team went on a tear and got good for a bit i wouldn't complain. sports are weird :shrug:

Purdue has never bothered me but I hate Wisconsin basketball almost as much as Michigan football. I probably harbor more ill will toward them, UNC and Duke than UM basketball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

:barf:

Yeah I don't honestly have any major hate toward Michigan basketball. gently caress their football team forever tho. Wisconsin basketball also pisses me off but mostly I just really didn't like Bo Ryan

I think Michigan basketball having the objectively awesome Fab Five, then being bad for a while, and now having a very likable head coach has made it hard to get too irritated with them. I'm glad the in state rivalry is interesting.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I irrationally like St. Bonaventure despite seeing them maybe three times in my entire life so go loving Bonnies bitch

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

This Bonnie's guard I have never seen before is now my favorite basketball player of all time

The best part of the tournament is finding like 10 different guys to say this about

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Amazing accent on this coach

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

Should someone (me?) make a tournament gameday thread or is this fine?

There should definitely be one on Thursday but I think the play-in games and NIT can go here just fine.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol get out Bruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MTSU plays in a trash league and hosed up against a trash team

• Locked thread