Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

14-8 foul disparity is average home cooking. Especially in the “let em play” Big 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The defender slapped the ball out of his hands, and it went directly out of bounds. By that rule, literally every slap away to ever happen should be defense's ball. Of course it was still touching his hand for a millsecond after the defender knocked it away, that's literally how it is EVERY TIME. And the defense NEVER GETS THE BALL, because that's now how it's officiated or called. EVER. Because the referees don't spend five loving minutes looking at the call frame by frame to change it.

Except this one time, when Michigan was getting some of that sweet, sweet, home cooking from the refs.

It would really be loving great if the supposed prestige program everyone hates who never wins anything could get a close call in an important game any sport ever

Lol is this how Michigan fans are all the time?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Purdue played the C team against the A team for Iowa and was still keeping up.

I mean, Iowa’s bad this year but Purdue is really good.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Troy Queef posted:

OU is making GBS threads the bed at Okie Light. Young hasn’t done anything until now.

Feel like Young’s had a pretty bad two weeks or so.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Trae Young could drag OU to a Final 4, but the rest of that Oklahoma team doesn’t look good.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah about that "figured out" thing...

I think teams have figured him out, the problem is that in some games it just won’t matter. He’s not a system player, he’s just that good by himself.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So in the way Steph and Harden have been figured out?

Honestly yeah, defend hard and pray lol

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lmao at Greenberg and co. talking about how Trae takes too many shots. The number of perfect dimes his teammates wasted was huge.

FartingBedpost posted:

Trae Young could drag OU to a Final 4, but the rest of that Oklahoma team doesn’t look good.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nice to get a win against SDSU, we’re somehow a game behind Boise for 2nd in the MW.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

Cross-posting

WVU, OU and TT are a combined 1-6 since last Monday. Oklahoma favored against Kansas, tip off in 35 minutes.

Watch Young get 35-40 points on 40% shooting in a 10 point loss as his teammates shoot a combined 4-21.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

UNM gave Utah State the scare of their life with only 5 players available due to injury and family emergencies.

I feel good about this team next year.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Shame Purdue couldn't wait one more game to lose, but they definitely needed the reset, to be honest. They were playing worse and worse with each game.

Ohio State is drat good though, I think better than Michigan State by a lot and pretty even with Purdue.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Purdue getting that postseason meltdown done now, huh?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I sincerely hope they don’t let up at all.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Is Houston really leading ECU 62-13 at half?!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

my dad said MSU looked real rough against Wisconsin today, confirm/deny?

They looked pretty bad. But I’m not sure how much of that was Wisconsin playing well.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

PotatoJudge posted:

Not much, MSU was out of sync. Wisconsin's defense was a bit of it, but mostly MSU couldn't string good back to back possessions together most of the game.

I’m just used to Wisconsin BBall teams making other teams look poo poo that I have a hard time thinking a team would just default to that despite Wisconsin being bad.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I can't believe I'm thanking Michigan, but thanks for doing god's work.

I kinda want to see Purdue Michigan Round 3, but I also kinda want to see Penn State clown every ranked team they can.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Edwards didn't show up because Zavier Simpson is the best defensive player in the conference (and wasn't on the all defense team lol)

He's owned 4 point guards in a row this tournament, 3 of them probably being the 3 best shooting ones in the conference too

Simpson’s a great defensive player, but he’s not causing Edwards to miss FTs.

Purdue is just Purdueing it in a big game again.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I am watching UNLV completely collapse on their home floor to a team they were dominating just minutes ago.

Man.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Yep. I thought UNLV was gonna pull that off.

Let's go goddamn Aztecs

Potential best MWC game of the day imo.

Unless you like zero defense and chucking up 3s.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Boise State out of the MWC tournament, thanks Utah State. Now we need to beat Wyoming.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Excited for Nevada-SDSU tonight.

Nervous for UNM-USU. We dominated them at home, but McEwan torched us in Logan.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

You would think Nevada would want to win the MW tournament.

You think that.

30-14 SDSU and the gap keeps increasing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

52-21 what on earth

This is embarrassing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lol Kendall Stephens gave them all Purdueitis.

Edit: full disclosure, I’m a New Mexico fan who doesn’t want to face SDSU, but I’m feeling embarrassed for Nevada.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nevada just made a 5 point run.

To get within 30.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Jubs posted:

This UCLA vs. Arizona game has been amazing.

It really has been good.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Nevada finally playing like they should lol, just 20 minutes too late at least. And honestly, I'm not totally sure it's them or the referees.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

I am perfectly okay with this result

Just lol if it's a UNM - SDSU final.

Also, lolol UCLA, what an OT.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Korranus posted:

So I guess Nevada gets to join Middle Tennessee in the "bumped for an ACC team" corner of the NIT

More like "bumped for a mediocre Big 12 team", but I think Nevada is barely safe.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

USU-UNM is either gonna be a blowout where Merrill and McEwan having 75 and 78 minutes kills them, or a nailbiter where UNM loses in classic dumb UNM fashion.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Good luck New Mexico fans

David Hall’s officiating, so I’m not too optimistic.

That being said, hope it’s a good game. SDSU is a good looking team right now.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good job SDSU, UNM has it for a second, but just couldn’t keep the pressure up.

Good game though, definitely shows the MWC premier teams are in the upswing again.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lol a Steve Alford collapse? Never seen that before.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Every time an Alford team makes an early exit, an angel gets it’s wings.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MourningView posted:

Some crowded rear end airspace in heaven then

God is real friends.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

This is a close bad game imo. How did either team even get in over MTSU or USC.

That being said a dude that goes to Syracuse now owes me $100 bucks, so go ASU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FreakyMetalKid posted:

ASU had the best non-conference results in the country, beating Xavier on a neutral court and Kansas at Kansas. They had a poo poo Pac 12 season and I wouldn't have been upset if they were left out, but "How did ASU get in?" is not a mystery.

I don't know what changed in conference play, but this isn't even close to that non-conf team.

Like, I agree that they were amazing to watch early in the season, but they just aren't the same.

• Locked thread