Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

My Plans:

2020:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I half expected the one on the right to be that Georgian(?) CGI Simpsons ripoff.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

they hosed with the opening? when did that happen? Don't say after season one, the bus stop bit sucked

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mr. Fix It posted:

they hosed with the opening? when did that happen? Don't say after season one, the bus stop bit sucked

10 years ago.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Benny Harvey posted:

Aww thanks.

My plans: metal stucco lath.
2020: carbon fiber stucco lath

this made me chuckle

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Benny Harvey posted:

Aww thanks.

My plans: metal stucco lath.
2020: carbon fiber stucco lath

2020 does definitely feel like it needs to be parged.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
a little too real

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1264478940258865157

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
https://twitter.com/abigbagofkeys/status/1264518926039277575

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Scully and Mulder fit into Springfield oddly well.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/luke_duff/status/1264645503687503878?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://streamable.com/cx31cj

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1264949686940598273

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Been looking good, but I think you just got AEW a sale.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This one’s honest

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I can't believe they cut out this whole sequence for the reruns.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I can't believe they cut out this whole sequence for the reruns.

Just checked and it's on the D+ version, although the episode number is different to Frinkiac (loving wish I could search by episode title) and I'm pretty sure it was there last time Sky showed it. Maybe Kellogg's complained there? Don't know if it would be a sensitivity issue given the rest of the episode.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just checked and it's on the D+ version, although the episode number is different to Frinkiac (loving wish I could search by episode title) and I'm pretty sure it was there last time Sky showed it. Maybe Kellogg's complained there? Don't know if it would be a sensitivity issue given the rest of the episode.

It was cut for syndication. Usually in syndication they trim off a minute or two of the runtime, partially by cutting jokes and scenes, partially by cutting dead air or compressing dialogue. You get a few more ads per episode that way.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Teddybear posted:

It was cut for syndication. Usually in syndication they trim off a minute or two of the runtime, partially by cutting jokes and scenes, partially by cutting dead air or compressing dialogue. You get a few more ads per episode that way.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I know the rest of the episode flows fine without that scene because it's a bit of a non sequitur, but every joke in that sequence is solid gold.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I know the rest of the episode flows fine without that scene because it's a bit of a non sequitur, but every joke in that sequence is solid gold.

It's a pity, but it's nice that D+ has the full cuts* so that I can see what I missed when I was a kid watching syndication.

*except for the Michael Jackson episode, which... y'know, I can see why they left that off the service

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

Teddybear posted:

It's a pity, but it's nice that D+ has the full cuts* so that I can see what I missed when I was a kid watching syndication.

*except for the Michael Jackson episode, which... y'know, I can see why they left that off the service

Is it in 4:3 or 16:9? A friend was saying he was showing his girlfriend some classic episodes and he realized a few sight gags got cut off when they were put into widescreen. Can't remember how he was streaming them.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

weed cat posted:

Is it in 4:3 or 16:9? A friend was saying he was showing his girlfriend some classic episodes and he realized a few sight gags got cut off when they were put into widescreen. Can't remember how he was streaming them.

They're changing all the old episodes to 4:3 by the end of this week, I think. They initially made them all the 16:9 modifications, which ruined a few gags-- mostly stuff like Duff, Duff Lite, and Duff Dry all being three tanks filled by the same pipeline.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

weed cat posted:

they're stretched to 16:9 and yeah, a lot of good sight gags get lost like that. last i heard disney was talking about adding a 4:3 version at some point but it hasn't happened yet

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Supposedly 4:3 is showing up Thursday.

https://www.techquila.co.in/the-simpsons-to-debut-on-disney-plus-with-the-original-aspect-ratio/

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

my buddy said it cut sneed's feed & seed. unacceptable

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

weed cat posted:

Chucks feed & seed?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

weed cat posted:

Good it's a bad joke

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teddybear posted:

I don't remember it being cut for syndication.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I don't remember it being cut for syndication.

iirc sometimes syndication cuts are done at the local affiliate level, so whatever fox you watched it on might not have cut that scene

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Good it's a bad joke

:mods:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mind the walrus posted:

Good it's a bad joke

I also agree with that particular opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Sneed's Feed and Seed is funny when it first airs, in a "haha the people enforcing the rating didn't get the joke" sense. It loses a lot when everyone already knows the joke.

Chuck's Feed and Seed is the opposite, in that it's really funny every time but only if you already know the other joke.