Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.

Chilly Willy insisted "under the bridge out of town" was the better lyric until the producers had to take drastic measures to convince them "under the bridge downtown" had better prosody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Roger Baolong Thunder Dragon has been fascinated by this sophisticated and scientifically beautiful industry since childhood, and has shown his talent in the design and manufacture of watches.
Always the goddamn Simpsons thread

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I used to be with selah
but then they changed what selah was
and now what I'm with isn't selah
and what's selah seems back in pog form

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I am most delighted by the accurate translations

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Porfiriato posted:

That's right, zed serious about being pronounced correctly!

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Gentleman Baller posted:

Forums superstar Everdraed made a pretty fantastic custom steamdeck boot up sequence I think you all might enjoy

https://mobile.twitter.com/Everdraed/status/1579237793967939586

It should be "quite good"

:negative:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I can't believe I inserted 40 real quarters' equivalent value into this developer's digital wallet

It's already worth it

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

:dudsmile:

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

PYF comics:

The original mnemonic is terrible

Thank god for stupid Flanders saving the day

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

and all of our childhood heartbreaks were saved by ... oh, let's say moe

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

You're missing a potential Buffalo there, chap

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

oh my god why can't i stop laughing

someone help

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Slugworth posted:

code:
Do.                 It.             For
            Johnson.

You doesn't hasta to do it for Johnson

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

I actually laughed out loud at this. What the hell is wrong with me

eta:

agh goddammit this absolutely murdered me

HappyCapybaraFamily fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 31, 2023

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

松村や
きらめく男
溜淵

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

I love how big baby Musk rebranding Twitter to X hosed up the forums embedding.

Also, how come we don't have a smilie for Musk yet

I'm partial to this emoji from this LA Times article

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

She, at the beginning: I suggest feather touch.
She, two minutes later, with some disappointment: You have entered "power drive".

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Well you wouldn't know if you lived in Montenegro, where they are not applicable.

And yes I had to look on a map to see which country was N/A on that meme. Sorry Montenegro, and also Albania, another part of former Czechoslovakia that I forgot about.

the former what

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

get this generative AI poo poo outta here

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Watched The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2023 the other day and had to get this one out of my head

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

loquacius posted:

how is it consistently so easy to make people irl mad in meme threads

Zoteposting is not very funny to me, but I will be genuinely angry if Nikumatic stops posting before getting all 57 up

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Samovar posted:

There is also the fact that there's another character who's besotted with Zote, but after you fight the 'dream-Zote' boss a couple of times, she gets pissed off at how much of a annoying twat he is re. the precepts.

I am Zote-smote

eta: having never played Hollow Knight, I am assuming Zote rhymes with smote

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

loquacius posted:

It is a tough one to nail though.

I hate all vike posts I see,
He's speaking literally

It is tough. You just have to try harder.

I hate Viking posts, you see
It's not a drat analogy
Ralph is speaking of his own reality

Oh my god! Am I wrong?
So thinks Mike all along
You've finally made a Viking
(Yes, we've finally made a Viking)
Yes, you've finally made a Viking out of sleep

I hate you, Simpsons meme thread!

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Don't be frightened of him; he's already dead

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

csammis posted:

I think there could be something in pythonposting...

I love Monty Python and The Simpsons both, but this just didn't really produce the combinatory value I had hoped for ...

Or, to put it more rudely,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyCapybaraFamily
Sep 16, 2009

Goddammit

GODDAMMIT

"Float a plum in perfume" would fit the meter and reference the other quote so much better

Is anyone even trying when writing parody lyrics???