Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Athanatos please make :kstarehair: large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jose posted:

can someone link the big version of and i'll ask an admin to resize

RandomFerret posted:

So first I thought this would be pretty good:

But then I figured you could get the point across more quickly if you cut out the extraneous details:

There’s also an eye pop version a page or two later.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

guavo posted:

I was holding on to this for too long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmDiOcDIpU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I think that album came out before there a lot of songs on the show

Yeah, that came out during early season 2 and a total of like 22 full length episodes had already aired.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
All the best pages are affiliated with Satan.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
And?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:drat:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:fap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Craptacular is a wonderful word.

Add me to the long list of people who use “where’s Poochie?” and other lines from that episode. Also a Ralph-like “that’s unpossible!”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:vince:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

CommonShore posted:

you guys are probably getting pretty sick of those metal gear memes by now

:wrong:

They’re good and more should happen.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:pusheen:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SeanBeansShako posted:

SKY cut some of the GREAT ZOMBIE JESUS lines from Futurama in some reruns and all from what I recall, too.

A few of the American syndicated versions did as well, but not all of them. I think the current Comedy Central version has it, but they also use the last DVD or Netflix edits that changed various other stuff in the show. Like, in the episode where Fry and Bender get jobs at the cryogenic freezing place, the severed hand Bender has originally said Prime Minister of Norway, but now says Chainsaw juggler. There’s also a line in another episode that got changed from “Let’s all join the Reform Party” to IIRC “Let’s all join the Tea Party” or something that was more topical at that time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

goatface posted:

Just browsing,

Free samples.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Blight Runner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgvsDk4rgOo

So many good things going on in that scene. Big Macs, staff complaining about drool on mics, and of course Lowmer. :discourse:

Is this something that normally got edited out in syndication, cause I have zero memory of this joke at all.

Anyway, Lowmer good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:dudsmile:

AHH F/UGH posted:

Same, it definitely must have been edited out for the weeknight 7PM Simpson reruns

Yeah, for the now literal decades I watched the WB/CW reruns, or stuff on FXX since they got the rights, I’ve seen that episode a ton and I think they cut away from Homer at one of the brief pauses before the cutaway.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Stupid sexy Flanders.

I don’t even believe in Jebus!

Mmmm… unexplained bacon (Or invisible cola, or whichever one first comes to mind).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
No TV and no beer make Homer something something.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Moon Slayer posted:

I've been singing "I am evil lowMER, I am evil LOWmer" in my head about a hundred times a day for the last week or so, send help.

:same:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
S7:Ep21

“An unforgettable luncheon underneath the Northern Lights.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Oh, they got this all screwed up:

sweet geek swag posted:

I just want everyone doing Ray Jay posting (especially Haschel) to know that Ray Jay posting is the dumbest thing and you should never. Stop doing it!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Excelzior posted:

you mistake smug condescension for interest

Then what of Maude’s look?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Johnny Unitas randomly hosting Krusty’s TV shopping channel was good just for the “Wait, that was really him?” moment in the credits.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ChesterJT posted:

First this is amazing. Second, is that really the intro music they used on Netflix? If so that's as big of a travesty as the lovely cover version of With a Little Help From My Friends they used for the Wonder Years.

No, it's not the music Netflix is using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Holy poo poo :rubby:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

CPColin posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Koopa%27s_Kool_Kartoons

"KKKK? Nah, that's fine."

Edit: Pretty sure I was a card-carrying member of the Koopa Kids Club.

Surely is was the Koopa Kids Klub.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Yep, there we go. Wasn’t there also a Karl’s Kar Korral or something like that in one episode as well? I feel like they’ve done that joke a few different times.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:bisonyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

:laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__HBBf_eDLM

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Homer had brown hair before going bald :goonsay:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Der Kyhe posted:

So, since Mona Simpson also had brown hair in the flashbacks, who is the real father of Bart, Lisa and Maggie then?

The Capitol City Goofball.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Uncle Wemus posted:

Remember grandpa?
He's back, in pawg form

And that’s how he earned the Iron Cross.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BizarroAzrael posted:

You're telling me The Simpsons is now stealing 20 year old Family Guy jokes?

Those episodes aired 6 months apart over a decade ago and both are based on a joke from a movie from 1985. We're all old.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Irradiation posted:

The Family Guy episode aired 8 years before the Simpsons one did.

I was specifically thinking of when Family Guy did it in with Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up from the Meet the Quagmires episode which first aired May 2007, while That 90's Show (With 'Marvin Cobain') first aired in January 2008. I'd completely forgotten Family Guy had already done a similar joke with the "Black to the Future" cutaway (Family Guy reusing a joke?! Shocking!) from 2000 that you're referring to, but in any case they're both taking it from the first Back to the Future movie which has been heavily referenced/spoofed in all sorts of ways since 1985, and both series have been doing movie spoofs/references since they first started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR6Hii9vFms

EDIT: Slightly beaten but Apollodorus was thinking of the same thing I was with the initial reference.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

loquacius posted:

Question, what year was it when the Simpsons had JK Rowling on

The Regina Monologues, season 15, from 2003. Same episode also had Tony Blair and Ian McKellen.

EDIT: Huh, according to Wikipedia, it was the last regular episode written by John Swartzwelder.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I was also inspired:

Outstanding.