Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He grabs the entire tray of beer to try and cool his mouth down, but she thinks he's drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought pretty much every episode did that, started out with one thing then pinballed right into the actual plot while making it seem completely natural. Futurama did it too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Simpsonum delenda est

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Willie promising to kill everyone in Springfield and burn the town down if he's elected Mayor, but especially "I know it's on!" when someone points out the mic's on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It is Mr McGreg

With a leg for an arm, and an arm for a leg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

he's on the wiki as Mr McGreg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

All I know is season 2 onwards Simpsons have a wide range of smooth motion and stay on model pretty much all the time and going back to a time before that is unpleasant to me. But yeah I know what you mean about later Simpsons, every thumbnail and screenshot has every single character standing in that 3/4 facing with their arms straight down by their sides and no thought put into their poses and it looks dreadful. It looks like Family Guy.

Look at the difference!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

This has been posted before but it's a great comparison

I don't think that's necessarily as good a comparison, cause for many years the show used that first opening but didn't actually look like that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

who's dillon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah fair enough

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Would Snrub say "no" or "sey"?

Trick question, he'd say "I say we invest that money back into the nuclear plant".

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

RZA Encryption posted:

How is there an image of Leon drawn in the new style? Are they building towards reanimating all past episodes? Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire HD Remix?

every-loving-one is in Tapped Out

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJMewLRXr2U

I know when I think Awkwafina, I think "voice of a 4th grader"

oh my god the way skinner walks along and it's only his legs that move

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sharks?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aren't all memes really sharks

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Whybird posted:

I'm sure someone must have done this already but I can't remember seeing it in this thread so far.

Who's that in the checked jacket in the top right? Another Hitler?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who What Now posted:

The show producer in this one looks like the A Wyatt Mann cartoon of a Jew.

He looks a lot like Mr Burns.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not sure if I can trust the extremely racist idiot with terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who's the artist?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I found it. https://www.deviantart.com/soposoposopo/art/Moe-s-Tavern-504054011

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

art

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

I watched the show earlier with someone who has literally never seen an episode before. I picked Kamp Krusty and Duffless. They're two of my favorites.

What are like 4-6 must see ones, and pretend like you've never seen the Simpsons before. I can't narrow it down.

Bart on the Road

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

Homer defiantly saying "won't" when Banner soliloquises even quieter is way funnier than "d'oh"

I'd say Homer giving up as soon as someone says no to him twice is funnier.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

this was an emotional rollercoaster

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

the equation is deliberately written ambiguously and either answer is correct.

:geno:

no it isn't, what the hell ambiguity are you seeing?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I, too, have never heard of Google

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

I mean. Maybe don't have the inveterate liar and conman be the one saying that?

That was when he was telling the truth though, mono does mean one and rail does mean rail.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah I don't really get the appeal of dankmus either. but it seemed like it made y'all happy to post about it so I didn't want to rain on your parade

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This is where the Simpsons jumped the shark for me. In earlier seasons they would have a crowd of people who were just randos in the Simpsons style. In later seasons any incidental Springfield mob is Captain McAllister, Bumblebee Man, Sideshow Mel, Hans Moleman, etc. They have entirely disappeared up their own rear end, and did at least 10 years ago. God I wish the show had ended before 9/11.

THANK you. This has been my exact opinion for ages but I've never been able to express it properly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that sounds like a bad season joke

a good season would have done something like homer considering his options, picking the tv, the tv actually making that noise and a bunch of doctors running in to try and "save" it

even then honestly that wouldn't be very funny

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That would explain a lot. I think Jay Sherman was the only visitor who actually did well in Springfield. Maybe he was always a native at heart.

he wound up in a mental asylum

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hit n Run is 100% trying to be GTA for kids, I didn't think anyone disputed that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

so is the "his" in the last line ruining the meter part of the joke or

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

It's hard to imagine, that cloud going up, cloud going down, could be so exciting, could be so much fun.

FF7 remake thread is thataway, man!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

why, the Simpsons was at its best when it wasn't just referencing the Simpsons!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yep people are burning the 4G towers because they think 5G radiation made the virus. also attacking phone company workers which is less funny

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Imagined posted:

I actually didn't recognize the Ray Jay Johnson reference on the show. Only recently did I look it up on YouTube, and I think Krusty was generous saying it was funny for a few seconds. How was that somebody's catchphrase?? In the clip I watched, the audience is howling with laughter from the instant they recognize that the guy is about to do the line. In that sense the "I didn't do it" gag is completely accurate.

comedy used to work really differently, it was wild. the guy the YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS guy is based on was the same thing

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

actually I've thought about it and most comedy doesn't really work differently, bad memes are still just thing you recognise -> laugh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

to be fair, the joke with frank nelson wasn't just that he was doing a funny voice, but that jack benny couldn't stop running into the same obnoxious weirdo everywhere he went.

Sure, but the laughter came before he actually did anything. "Hey you," Frank looks around, audience laughs, "Yeeeeeeees?" audience loving explodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I must be incredibly weird in that I rarely have more than 2 or 3 tabs going at a time, and I shut down Chrome and the entire computer when I'm done.

blew my mind when I was in the TF2 thread the other day and people were saying they never shut their poo poo down. shut your computers down, people!