Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
beauty

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i was saying scattered boo-oze

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1331681231709278210

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
jeremy...irons...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
they should make a contest to be the new simpsons voice actor. put together old episodes with the new actors, make an entire episode where each scene has a new actor playing the role that kind of thing

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TK-42-1 posted:

Police squad is so goddamn good.
there's a show called "angie tribeca" which is a modern police squad and has the same joke density as police squad and there are real background jokes. it's a really good heir to the vacant throne.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cocaine Bear posted:

The Matt Berry pig is great and the rest is lots of wasted potential. How many "let's intentionally make this the most annoying and awful character" characters do you really need in one show?
it's an entire show centered around the background one note characters. like if you took all the main characters out of futurama but still had a show of scruffy going "mmmhmmm" while the mob bots scream their catchphrases. hilarious for a joke or two, maybe even iconic (CLAMPS!) but imagine every episode of the simpsons unironically following ralph around

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
cromulent doesn't have a definition, you use it when you can't think of the proper cromulent

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
imagine becoming a modern day deity because you sold inferior goods thousands of years ago and kept all the letters.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the simpsons employees a lot of people all over the world. neat.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
when's our wedding because i love you

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
wait that is a simpson's joke. abe took a bite out of a man on a mountain

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ok mister smart-guy; what ARE shorts?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ghosthorse posted:

up until this exact moment I remembered him as saying "sexual tyrannosaur" and now I don't know what to believe. guess I gotta watch predator again
up until this exact moment i never even questioned the phrase "sexual tyrannosaurus" as being odd.
now i think the line was "tyrannosaurus sex" and jesse hosed it up

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
if the cupcake recipe doesn't also contain instructions for the shock box it's not complete

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CodfishCartographer posted:

If a meme is just a well known quote / line on a vaguely related Simpsons image then it's not good. Even if the source material is good, it's still not a joke or combinatory, it's just "here's thing you remember"

Much like modern Simpsons, now that I think about it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"there are currently only two speakers of this dying tongue...and neither are speaking to each other. a man identified only as 'bort' has asked that we please don't tell anyone how he lives."
*camera pans over to an elderly man staring out a window* "hey look," he says "the aurora borealis!"
"really?" asks an off screen voice.
*the elderly man sighs and goes back to staring out the window* "dental plan." he mutters.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
very little combinatory value for people who've had seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Hihohe posted:

Does speedhole have anything to do with where Moe parks his car.
in the car hold?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

donquixotic posted:

The car hold? Hey fellas the car hold? Well oo la di da Mr. Frenchman

this is where you're both vikings!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
oh gross!

they had ted cruz as a guest star.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

csammis posted:

I couldn't get these out of my head all week

Drone_Fragger posted:

Just to explain the joke: Some prick smoked in a toilet on an air Canada flight that Stan Rogers was on and he then died of smoke inhalation and subsequent fire injuries after the plane emergency landed and the increased oxygen pressure at sea level caused the fire to flash over.

Someone please that’s the joke me tyvm
that...doesn't help...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kitfox88 posted:

They’re all so loving RED
i see you've played frowny-gammony before!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
stop saying his name!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i've never seen this before and i love it!
:( "Cows!" :D

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"it's like i'm doing nothing at all. nothing at all. nothing at all!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
that episode marked the end of the good episodes

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
for the longest time i thought the joke was that barney misheard him say "hit the elder" and punched boggs because he was older
you know, in the car hold

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
so it's a duo act with a rotating cast of straight men.
"Who's on first?"
"..."
"Who's on first??"
"..."
"JOHNSON WHO'S ON FIRST??"
"Now see, ya don't hasta call me 'Johnson'..."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ghost Leviathan posted:

RJJ is basically a Boomer meme before memes. Most of them don't really understand humour so they repeat the same joke-associated things over and over again and laugh.
rjj is a leftover from vaudeville when "anticipation" was first discovered. there's a whole bunch of acts that depend on the anticipation of the audience. "slowly i turned" was a classic wherein a disruptive party breaks out into long diatribes based on a trigger word.
it usually only works with the long build up. the audience KNOWS what's going to happen when the straight man says "niagra falls", they are just waiting for it. good entertainers can make that anticipation entertaining and knw just how long to draw it out. it's a long form variation of the "burning fuse" gag of one partner watching the bumbling partner repeatedly fail to do something as their consternation grows.
rjj isn't meant to be the whole act, it's meant to be the guy quietly in the background waiting to go off as everyone waits in antici

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
you don't win friends with selah

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

We call it the God Morning Burger
you call them that despite the fact that it's noon and this is clearly lord ganesha?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

War Wizard posted:

Smithers wouldn't vote for Trump, he isn't a log cabin republican, this is basically brought up in the episode where sideshow Bob is running for office and Smithers blows his scheme because Bob's "ultra-republican values conflict with his lifestyle"

Sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Also the whole thing is cringe.
also all the bad characters are voting trump. like moe's a scumbag, chief wiggum is corrupt and his son has a bent wookie. who sits down, writes fan fiction in which all the terrible people support the same person you support, and not have a moment of reflection?
look i've studied the show and all the captain planet villains would be solidly on trump's side so...i'm going to support trump

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
everyone shut your car-holds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
more and more it looks like that girl in purple is holding a shiv...