Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

I don't understand. Are you saying Homer and Bart are dead neighbors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

I don't like this idea.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Sentient Data posted:

Extra panels, chalmers taking a bite of of the burger and asking why it's full of chocolate

And you CALL it Uterbraten even though it's OBVIOUSLY Vengelerstrassebar?!?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Omg Snrub is Burns backwards.

I’m the crazy friend who’s gonna marry Mr Potato Head now.

(He’s got a head made out of lettuce)

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
This one came to me right before I fell asleep. Sorry for Post Classic references.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I made a series of these a while back:

This but it’s the Witness Protection guy saying Thompson but Homer doesn’t say anything back.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Poochie episode where they drop a college student into the Simpsons home as a jab against the execs does make me think, Futurama seems like something of a direct response to the Simpsons as a show starring more or less the demographics the Simpsons features the least, a bunch of twentysomething workmates. It does have the same dealio where the entire premise and the crew's jobs tends to be forgotten about especially as seasons go on, but they do at least make jokes about that.

What were they? Like a bus or something?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Captain Quack posted:

drat, that is better!

"Skinner and Chalmers. At an Unforgettable Luncheon."

"Agnus. When it was just Northern Lights."

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Did anyone in interviews ever say why they made the President in the Movie literally Arnold Schwarzenegger and not Rainier Wolfcastle? That just seemed real dumb to me.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Literally A Person posted:

Say the line!

As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

I guess that Bar Association logo shouldn’t be on there either.

GigaPeon fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 24, 2020

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Sagebrush posted:

Homer is canonically always 39 and Marge is 36. When they met in high school, he was a senior and she was I guess a sophomore. They clearly both hung around Springfield for like 10 years as a couple, probably doing the on and off relationship thing that most long term high school couples do, before Marge got pregnant. Homer worked at the mini-golf place, Marge was a carhop, they lived in an apartment in Springfield's lower east side, etc.

Is the Arcade Game not canon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbgGoyrSV1A

Bart: 10
Homer: 35
Lisa: 7
Marge: 34

Lisa's normally 8 right? Maybe the game is a prequel? Is Santa's Little Helper in it at all?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Someone do one where's it's drunken homer and the "Love" postcard.

Or big hand man and his big hand facts.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

This is the one time ‘dollars in dues’ would be appropriate.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCTOM4XYnXQ

Dark Simpsons with no sexual content are actually often fun I have decided.

Seemless, huh?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-simpsons-new-voice-hank-azarias-carl-alex-desert-1234584979/

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

duz posted:

its simple

It was quite a moment sometime late in my highschool career when my friends and I finally took enough Calculus to understand that.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

AHH F/UGH posted:

Is that a nuclear reactor lid or what

I'd wager that it's some variety of walking clock.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This is why That 90s Show remains my favourite bad-era Simpsons episode - the plot is meh (but pretty drat spot-on music) but it made the sort of people who have to give every episode a letter grade *so angry* by breaking their precious timelines, and these sort of people need to be mocked and pilloried at every turn.

They Retconned it again last night and now Homer was a Hip Hop loving 90's Teen

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://youtu.be/rIb0jS8bncE

Feels like a potential new format here. Also, the joke seems that Bart being asleep is the only time he wasn't misbehaving.

Here’s Bart Men-dozing?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I'm sure everything I say is peppered with simpsonsisms, but "come here a minute" is probably the most frequently used one.

You c’mere a minute!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Cocaine Bear posted:

Gimme those sweet sweet Red Green-Simpsons memes. I need this.

They used to call me Kid Handsome. Then it was Kid Presentable. And finally, Kid Handy.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Lobok posted:

The brief "No" arrow pointing at Homer's head... did anyone catch that? Like, in the world?

That episode seems kinda wasted on 1995.

I remember a magazine article or however we got our Simpsons news back then pointing it out.

Or maybe it was another "Who Shot Mr. Burns" retrospective years later...

Everyone made a big deal about the sundial pose, but then Mr. Burns was like "LOL no I didn't." So was it even a clue?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Someone do it from the episode where they have foundation problems and Bart’s falling out the window.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

“Remember the time you said Johnny Sasaki was outside?”

“…he was going to the bathroom…”

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Uncle Wemus posted:

But what about Sgt skinner from the flying hellfish

The flashback could have all been in Bart's head where he would have filled in the faces with ones he's familiar with.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's an Albany expression

And you call it a case, even though it's obviously in a caddy?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

I feel like it might be better if you used a Young Abe then the Onion can say "It's the style of the time"

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Baron von Eevl posted:

The next homer/marge flashback episode is going to have them as high school freshmen comforting each other during 9/11.

I walked by a bar sometime last year. I glanced in the windows and Simpsons was on the TV. It looked to be a flashback where Homer, Marge and some other Springfield regulars were in a high school play about the Y2K bug.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
So here's my "did I get the joke?" thing for the day....

In Lisa on Ice, Bart wins his hockey game and Homer says in a sweet, nurturing voice "as promised, here's your turtle, alive and well".

As a kid I took that to mean that Bart's turtle died and Homer said "if you win the game, I'll bring your turtle back to life" and since Bart's an idiot, he just went out and bought a new turtle.

But rewatching it the other night, now I'm thinking that Homer was holding the turtle hostage and him sounding nice when returning it was the joke.

Getting jokes is not where I'm a viking...

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

CzarChasm posted:

You're not sure on what "Flaming Homosexual" means, or you don't understand how "Flaming Homer" or "Flaming Moe" might be related to that?

If it's the first, it's a super outdated term to describe someone who is extremely, (flamboyantly some might say), out, proud and stereotypicaly gay. Think almost any regularly recurring gay character from a 90s sitcom. It's a caricature.

As for the other part, they're both a play on ways of shortening "homosexual" to "Homo", either with "Homer" or just a classic "mo"

The way you rhymed “Homer” with “Homer”… :discourse: *muah!*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Is Homer referring to Ralph when he says "Once" or when Scorpio's kid fell asleep just before he said that?