Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: Right Nut stares back at you. "Then why did you bring one of the buggies? What did you expect to find here?" You see he's trying to find out if you're actually telling the truth about not knowing of the existence of the revenant. He's not going to escalate to violence, but who knows what he'll do if he's still angry about this once you get back to The Warren. What do you do?

Barracuda and Harvest: The two of you make it to the Humble Table. You can hear the sounds of people talking inside - just another ordinary day for them. How do the two of you plan to take care of Putrid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 1/5 | sharp, weird


Roach furrowed her brow. "What did I expect...?" She blew her breath out in a tired sigh, the ache of her bruised ribs creeping up on her. She didn't let that show, beyond rubbing a bicep absently. She held Right Nuts gaze all the while, not risking him thinking her weak.

"All I had to go on was a pretty vague 'weird things or people, but it's probably nothing'. So I expected something in line with that level of disinterest. Thugs. Vagabonds sizing the place up, or some outriders from another hold looking to cause trouble. Nothing this serious. But even your typical cleanup job can turn ugly so I wanted a heavy gun just in case. If I knew what was really waiting for us I would have brought the entire gang and every vehicle we had." She practically interrupted herself at that. "No. I wouldn't have even come here. But if I had no other choice, I would have brought the entire gang and all the guns we had. I don't give remotely enough of a drat about Good Frank to throw your lives away for him."

It was the truth. Mostly. She certainly wouldn't throw the Glee Club away on Frank's behalf, but she had her reputation working against her. There absolutely were things she would sacrifice all of them to achieve and she guessed Right Nut might have an inkling of that knowledge.

"I don't want to have it out with you but I can't bring your sister or Roop or any of the rest back to life. So how do you want this to go? What do you need from me to try and make this...well, not right. As right as it can be."

1-hold to learn what Right Nut wishes I would do.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"Alright, here we are," I turn to Harvest, "So, I'm thinking we lure this guy out, take him someplace a little less crowded, like..." I take a quick look at the area around us, "The alleyway over there," I point at the empty alleyway near the Humble Table, "We could go in and pop a cap in his rear end, but he might have buds around, and I don't think they'd appreciate us shooting down their buddy, so we'll drag him out, take him to that alleyway over there, and deal with him there."

I look back at Harvest, and say, "That plan sound alright to you, buddy?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2018 around 21:41

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ●●○○○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

I tilt my head slightly, "It seems a fair plan. How about this: you prepare the ambush, I will lure the one known as Putrid to the alley. He might suspect that you intend him violence, but I doubt that he would hold the same suspicions towards me."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"Fair point. With the reputation I have, he'll know something's up if I start talking to him," I pat Harvest on the back, "Okay, I'm counting on you, buddy! Let's get this done quick so we can go do that job for Razorwire!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.




Cool+1 Hard-1 Hot+1 Sharp=0 Weird+2
0:00 Harm 1/5 xp 4 barter

This is not completely unexpected. I keep to the back of the party. I am here to inspire my people and demoralize the enemy with the chill of death. It is better if I do not herald our approach too literally.

fail read a sitch

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2018 around 01:10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "So then what do we do? Just let that thing get away with killing Left Nut? How are we supposed to deal with it?" You can see he wants you to give him some way of getting revenge, but you're looking at a revenant here. What do you do?

Barracuda: You head to the alleyway and prepare yourself. Which weapon do you plan on using? Do you do anything while waiting for Harvest to bring Putrid to you?

Harvest: Looking into the Humble Table, you see the customers sitting at the table. There's a man who matches the description that Illuminati gave talking to several other people. The bartender looks up and sees you. "Hey. What'll you have?" What do you do?

Hoarfrost: Your group moves to the church. There's no entrance in the back, but you see some windows on the side. You also hear Girl Friday talking from the front. "So, what's the deal with the people being hung up?"

"Those are people who threatened this sacred building. If you are trying to deceive us you will join them," the leader says.

"Cool. Uh, anyway here's what we have to trade."

You see that you and your enemies are about evenly matched. No one inside the building sticks out, but you can see they're all watching to see what the leader does. He may be old but you can see he's perfectly willing to keep his word about killing everyone if it comes down to it. He's eyeing them all while keeping a tight grip on the pipe in his hands, and just looking for an excuse to use it on Girl Friday.

But your look-over of the church and the people inside is interrupted as a man inside the church spots you through a window. He pops open the window, raising his gun in the other hand while yelling loud enough for absolutely everyone to hear. "HEY! HEY! HEY! THERE'S SOME PEOPLE OVER HERE!" Stone pulls out her own gun and fires a shot at him, missing but signaling the start of the fight for everyone else. In a split second everyone else takes out their own weapons and the fight is on. You hear the leader scream, "GET BACK INTO THE CHURCH AND KILL THEM FROM THERE!" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 1/5 | sharp, weird


It seemed like things weren't going to devolve into bloodshed - yet. Small miracles. Roach crouched down next to Right Nut, staring off in the direction the revenant fled. What a loving day.

"No, we're not letting it get away with anything. It's going to die and you have my word you'll be along when it happens. Just not now. For now, we head home and lick our wounds. Come up with a plan. There's a lot of empty space out here and basically no chance in hell of finding it. I've got a plan, though. I just hope Hoarfrost hasn't gone off on a crusade just yet." Hoarfrost...and maybe call in Barracuda if she could get hold of the woman. A hunt like this would not come cheap but so what? This was vendetta.

She stood up and walked over to where her shotgun had been thrown after that hellbeast ran her over. She picked it up, gave it a once over, and slung it over her shoulder. She did her best to ignore the grinding sensation in her chest as she did so. Yeah, that was a couple busted ribs alright. Well, whatever. She'd been through worse. And this was certainly not the time or place to complain about it regardless.

"Let's head back and regroup with the others. Need the truck anyway to bring our soldiers home." Life in the Glee Club was typically short and violent, this was true. But you could at least rest assured that when it did come to an end you got a proper burial. Even Left Nut. It was a lovely way to die and as much as the girl had pissed her off, Roach hadn't hated her.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2018 around 19:05

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ●●●○○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

I look consideringly at the bartender. Normally, perhaps, I would take my time with such things. I do not particularly care for the swill available here, but it would not be amiss. Now? Now Razorwire is expecting results. Now I have an interest of my own in finding this Skull and learning their purposes. Now I have little time to waste. I will simply have to use the Autumn's gifts to bypass such niceties. I shake my head, eventually, and say, "Perhaps another time. I've come for..." My finger traces a path up towards the table that Putrid is sitting at. "This one."

Walking with easy purpose, filled with the Autumn's power, I can feel his will crumble under the relentless tide of my own. As I come to him, I rest a hand on his shoulder, "Come with me."

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Monday at 3:37 PM
@Harvest: 2d6+3 unnatural lust transfixion = (5+3)+3 = 11

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 2/5 | sharp, weird


As Roach slid behind the wheel of the buggy, she sat back in the seat, staring off into the distance. On the face of things this was just poor luck. A band of idiots led by an idiot wandering out and encountering Violence Embodied and the inevitable happened. Yet something seemed off. Why had it merely waited and watched until now? She knew too little about revenants to truly understand how they thought, but this seemed almost calculated.

Their were forces in this world beyond the ken of a grounded individual like her. She trusted only in things she could touch and smell and affect. But just because she didn't trust the kind of forces people like Harvest dabbled in didn't mean they were not real or could not be used. The trouble, of course, was that when you used those forces, those forces could also use you.

...but so what? In this world you acted and you reacted. Worrying too much just made things worse. And sometimes the right action was to throw aside caution and let the insanity in to say hello.

@Roach: 2d6-2 opening my brain like a fool = (4+5)-2 = 7
Her intention is to try and get some insight as to whether there is more to that revenant being here and attacking them than simply it seeing a group of juicy targets all grouped up.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2018 around 05:16

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

I've got my shotgun out and ready to use. I find a point-blank shot to the gut is the quickest way to take care of someone. Now all I gotta do is wait for Harvest to bring the poor fucker over here.

I pass the time by whistling a cheery little tune to myself, and let my mind drift for a while. It's a little trick Carrion taught me. She'd call it an 'invitation.' By emptying your mind, you invite the unknown forces of this world into your head, and from there, anything can happen. Maybe they'll help you, or maybe they'll drive you insane.

And it's not like I'm doing it for no reason. The job Harvest was telling me about sounds like a big one, and a big job usually means big risks, and even bigger dangers. If I'm lucky, maybe they will show me what kind of dangers we'll be facing. If I'm not, then they might make me go on a blood-soaked rampage around the town. It's a huge risk doing this, and it could completely gently caress me over... and I love it!

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6+2 opening brain = (3+6)+2 = 11
Getting insight on dangers ahead!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: You open your mind. Roach. Been a while, huh?. You see the dragons circling around you, closing in. One of them opens their mouth, showing their jagged shiny teeth. Good job with the revenant. You hear laughter coming from one or maybe several of them. Especially one with human intelligence behind it. They get closer. How will you defend yourself against someone who has conquered death, we wonder? You feel the scales of one brush against you. Maybe you should ask Woods Witch about it. There's a brief pause in their movement, and suddenly the dragons are gone. Everything goes back to normal and you see Right Nut waving his hand in from of your face. "Roach? Roach?" He sounds really worried. What do you do?

Harvest: "What? Why would I-" Putrid begins before your power hits him. He pauses for a moment, stunned in pleasure. "...Yeah I get what you mean." He gets out of the chair, but another man speaks up. "You really going with the mindfucker? Alone?" He looks at you.

"Shut up Princy, who knows how her mind works. If she wants a gently caress, I'm happy to provide." Princy doesn't say anything else, and the two of you head out. "So where you wanna go?" Putrid asks, still feeling happy from the waves of pleasure you've given him. What do you do?

Barracuda: You wait, and allow the maelstrom in. Everything goes red and hazy, making it hard to focus on the outside world. You see a large vehicle, heading out on the roads from Three Valleys Hold. You can see a fairly big number of people, all well armed and ready for action. They're tearing into a body, shoving the meat into their mouths with abandon. They all have skulls painted onto their skin. You see an armored figure leading them, killing people, giving orders you can't hear that they all promptly obey. The red haze slowly fades away, and you hear footsteps coming towards the alleyway. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 2/5 | sharp, weird


Her eyes didn't snap open - they had been wide and blind to reality the entire time. They simply came back into focus as reality (Is it? Who's to say the nightmare isn't the truth, and you're simply too terrified to accept it.) and her breath hissed out slowly. It helped only a little. Her nerves were still keyed up to the point you could run a bow across the small of her back and play a passable song. Roach could still feel the acid tickle in her mind where the dragons had stared through her, their black thoughts mingling with her own. The way they lapped up the fear inside of her like you would the last daub of gravy on a plate. It was a delicious, delicate morsel they had to play with and Roach had no doubts they would savor it for as long as they could.

"...ya zdes." It took her a moment to comprehend the confusion on his face. Right. English.

"I'm here." She let her shoulders slump a little and turned her head to face him. "Just...lost in thought. That revenant is being controlled. Directed. Whether we were the targets or just conveniently around to test the extent of that control, I have no idea." No need to discuss how incredibly horrifying a prospect it was that somebody was able to do that. It just went without saying. "Our job now is to find out who's behind it and feed them into a wood chipper."

She brought her gaze back to the front of the buggy and hit the ignition, darkness descending over her face. "I need to talk to the Wood Witch. She'll have some insight into this." Cranking the wheel, she hit the gas and sped off to meet back up with the remnants of her crew.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2018 around 21:00

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: The two of you head back in the buggy, silent the whole time. When you arrive, the other three members of your crew look around. "Where's everyone else, boss?" Helix asks. Then they all seem to realize what's up. "Oh. poo poo."

When you're back and loading up the bodies, you see them looking at each other. If you send them back they'll probably talk about this with the other members of the Glee Club - word might even get around the hold of what went on here. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ●●●○○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

I shake my head, "Not far. Just around the corner." This man is, indeed, quite loathsome. I doubt many will mark his passage from the Autumn. Fewer still will regret it. I do mark his friend, Princy, and make a mental note to have Barracuda finish the clean-up of that all later. And... here we are. I gesture down the path Barracuda is waiting at the end of, and say, "After you."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 2/5 | sharp, weird


"Yeah. poo poo is pretty much exactly what it is. But we'll get ours back. Now lets load up. Tumble Dry, put your bike onto the truck. I want you in the buggy with me and Right Nut. Just in case. Helix, Balls. Eyes open and alert. If anything happens you haul rear end back home. For now, we get some answers."

She had been inclined to handle this solo. A witch was nobody to take lightly, and Roach truly had no idea what she was capable of. Other people were leverage that could be used against her. On the other hand...backup was rarely a bad idea. And while she had no great idea for how to explain why a good chunk of the Glee Club was dead, best it come from her rather than giving everyone a few hours to invent rumors and work themselves up over what some drivers who didn't even see poo poo go down decided had happened.

To the witch's house we go.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: You, Tumble Dry, and Right Nut cram into the buggy and take off to the woods. As you approach, you see the ground is covered with leaves from the trees - but a path has been made by clearing out a section of them. Crows eye you and the group, watching you enter. "Welcome Roach," one of them croaks out. Seems like Woods Witch knows you're coming. Following the path made out for you, you also see the closer you get the more the trees are bent and withered, the less color the leaves have, the more a feeling of unnaturalness intensifies. For a moment you even think you see one of the dragons of the maelstrom appear right next to you - but then it's gone. You finally pull up to a small dilapidated house and the door creaks open, showing you the dark interior of the home. Right Nut unholsters his pistol, and Tumble Dry takes out her spiked bat. Do you want to go in with a weapon out as well? What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 2/5 | sharp, weird


Tumble Dry kept a wary watch from the passenger seat as Right Nut kept his council on the gun. Roach could only laugh quietly as the crow greeted her. A bird that could speak her name? Well. If strangeness were to happen this was the day for it. She continued the measured drive deeper into the woods, talking to herself without even realizing it. An old poem she recalled from her childhood. Bleak had read to her and Moh when the boss was away, and though she'd never been able to find a copy of the book for herself, the words still stuck fast in her mind.

"Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”"

She had to wonder what old Mr. Poe would make of the world these days. She rather suspected it wouldn't have fazed him much. His writing always bore an implication that he had dragons of his own to contend with.

Pulling in, Roach killed the ignition and watched as the door yawned wide. She raised a hand to caution her compatriots. "Easy. I think we're welcome, so let's mind our manners." Hefting her shotgun, Roach slipped out of the vehicle and handed the weapon over to Tumble Dry. "In case we get dis-invited, violently." She looked her and Right Nut in the eye for a moment, a reassurance of solidarity, and turned towards the house. Her hand reached back to the machete sheathed on the small of her back - reassurance that she wasn't wholly defenseless if things went sideways. Approaching the door, she allowed herself to be silhouetted in the light.

"Hello?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"Hey, there," I pop up right behind Putrid, shoving my magnum right at the back of his head, "That's some nice stuff ya got there. It'd be a real shame if any blood got on it, don't ya think? Yea, a real shame," I say, nodding to myself, "Hey, I've got an idea! How's about you take off all your stuff, and very slowly put it all in that little corner over there? And when I say all, I mean everything, including your clothes. You wouldn't mind doing that for me, would you, buddy? After all," I slowly thumb off the safety of my gun, and grin as wide a s shark, "It's not like there's anybody pointing a gun to your head or anything like that."

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6+3 Going Aggro = (4+3)+3 = 10
He has to choose:
- Force your hand and suck it up.
- Cave and do what you want.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Cool," Tumble Dry says as she takes ahold of the shotgun. As you go to the door and call inside you hear Wood Witch's response. "Welcome." Going in you can see the house doesn't have much inside it. The floor creaks with just about every step you take and you hear a tiny clicking noise repeat a few times before a tiny amount of light appears. Turning the corner you can see the fireplace has been lit and Woods Witch is sitting on the floor in front of an old dirty mattress. She looks up and motions for you to lie down. "I can help heal some of your wounds, if you trust me." She looks at Tumble Dry and Right Nut as she says this. What do you do?

Barracuda: "What the gently caress," Putrid says. "Why are you robbing me? I don't have poo poo." He raises his voice so Harvest can hear. He turns his head slightly and catches a view of you. "You're that freak that's with her, aren't you? gently caress you you pieces of poo poo you aren't-"

BLAM

The magnum goes off and so does a sizeable portion of his head. His body falls to the ground with a thud. What do you do?

Harvest: Well, he's dead now. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 9:00 | 2-armor | XP 2/5 | sharp, weird


This...was not what Roach was expecting. Nobody spoke of the Woods Witch except obliquely and in hushed tones. Consequently her imagination had assumed a great deal. In her mind she had envisioned an ancient woman, half mad and talking in riddles, surrounded by alchemical tools bubbling away with unspeakable concoctions. Perhaps some kind of mutant frog in a corner croaking ominous portents at visitors.

Seeing the reality, and the blunt manner in which this witch invited her in, left Roach entirely off her game.

"...Thank you. Do you need me to take my armor off?" Roach gently lowered herself onto the mattress, wincing a bit as her ribs shifted painfully. Her eyes met the witch's own and she did her best to maintain a calm, collected demeanor in these unfamiliar circumstances. She might have come here for help but she still had her pride.

Roach will take a leap of faith and trust that the witch is on the level, and do as she says. If she's on the up and up, healing would be most appreciated and she might just know something about that revenant. If she's not, the three of them should be able to handle matters.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Yes," Woods Witch says as she takes out a small jar. She open the jar as you take off your armor and lie down. "This will hurt a bit," she warns as she dips a finger in the jar and begins dabbing the greenish paste onto your wounds. She's not kidding, it burns like hell. But the wounds start hurting less.

Heal 1 Harm

Woods Witch continues to talk as she treats you. "Now then Roach, your enemy is quite formidable. The revenant is not the only weapon they have. But I will give you the knowledge I have and will continue to inform you in the future if you are willing to give me what I want." She begins to bandage your wounds. "In your hold is a child named Matilda. She has potential and I would like to take her in as an apprentice. Agree to this price and my services are yours." You know of Matilda - she's HR's younger sister. He's not going to be happy if you take her away, even if she agrees to coming here in the first place. Woods Witch watches your face, waiting for your reply. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach endured the witch's ministrations stoically. She hadn't been kidding about the pain, and the occasional hiss of discomfort slipped out despite Roach's efforts. To the woman's credit - she seemed to know her business at least as well as Evil Frank without the annoyance of running her mouth needlessly.

Roach consiered her words as the witch finished up. She was inclined to agree immediately. Send a girl off to become this woman's apprentice? An absurdly small price to pay for such assistance. And yet...her eyes flicked over to where Right Nut stood. Here was another big brother, admirably in control of himself considering his loss. But the Glee Club was not group joined by the most stable and restrained of people. Roach wanted killers and lunatics and those with at most a passing awareness of things like Impulse Control. Those sorts were terrifyingly loyal as long you were willing to sate their appetites. And Roach? Roach kept her hounds fed. But you never ever made the mistake of forgetting what you were dealing with. Right Nut was as apt to bite now as he ever would be, and agreeing to cart someone else's little sister off seemed just the trigger to turn this tenuous truce they had to violence.

"I'm willing to speak with Matilda and make a case. Her older brother though? He's an important fixture in my hold and I don't think he would like the idea at all. I've never seen him actually lose his cool but if something could make him do it, it would be this. That in mind, can we make a different sort of deal? I will lay out the offer and give Matilda and HR time to warm to it. The man is a pragmatist and I think that as long as I don't simply declare 'This is how things are gonna be and nobody else has a say in the matter' he will see the benefits in time. Meanwhile, I am willing to offer you other services as a gesture of good faith. Books, food, protection, whatever you want. We deserve our revenge against whoever it is behind this, and I'll pay what I have to pay to get it."

Roach forced herself to look into the witch's eyes, studying her for any clues as to her inner thoughts. She shivered briefly as a memory of Harvest flashed through her mind, recalling the things she had said and done at that witch's behest. Yes...they had similar eyes. Incredibly deep and incredibly terrifying.

@Roach: 2d6+1 read a person = (3+5)+1 = 9
How could I get Woods Witch to put the matter of Matilda on hold for a bit and agree to some other service in return for help?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Hmm," Woods Witch as she stares back at you. Right Nut and Tumble Dry shift around a bit as you two watch each other. "I could make use of other services - perhaps someone to help repair this house. I have waited a long time, I can wait a little longer. But make sure that HR knows that once Matilda becomes my apprentice she can not leave the Woods." You can see she really wants Matilda - she's definitely willing to take your current offer if you absolutely agree to give her Matilda in the future. But she won't be happy if you don't or can't deliver, and who knows what she'll do then. Woods Witch puts out her hand. "Do we have a deal?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


"Deal." Roach took the woman's hand in a firm grip and shook. "I'll conscript somebody and send them over tomorrow. Just tell them what you want done." She cocked her head for a moment and gave a wry smile. It was probably foolish to tempt fate but urge to try and push the witch's buttons was too strong.

"Do you have a type? I've got plenty of handsome men or pretty ladies if you want more than repairs done."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ●●●●○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

Of course he's dead. I'd expect nothing less from a walking army such as Barracuda. Hopefully, the matter of the Skull is handled with equal ease, but I have my doubts about that. Anyone so favored by the Autumn will prove a much cannier foe. To that end... I need more information. I need to widen my net, subsume myself within the Autumn, and grasp forth for any hint of the Skull's armies or vulnerabilities. I need to know them to properly judge whether they are worth cultivating further, worthy of joining with into a greater whole.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Yesterday at 3:51 PM
@Harvest: 2d6+3 open my brain = (6+1)+3 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Good," Woods Witch says as you take ahold of her hand. Your arm feels heavy for a moment as she gazes deeper into your eyes, marking the deal as done. She lets go of your hand and looks you over as you make the additional offer. "Perhaps you could come over? Or would you like to stay here today for a little while longer?" What do you do?

Harvest: You open your mind, and feel the maelstrom rush in. The tree of Autumn stands before you. But now, crawling on the tree is a woman, practically attached to it. You see people in the leaves, worshiping her. You see dead spirits in other leaves, worshiping her. You see her limbs reach out, beginning to encompass the tree. An arm moves towards a large leaf, the symbol of the nearby trading post Fear Market on it. Other limbs stretch, attempting to take ahold of the rest of the branches of Autumn. They reach far...but you see the strain they're under at the same time. Some leaves fall onto your hands, a red-orange blade forming as they land. You bring it down onto the arm.

You are brought back to the regular world, the tree vanishing. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach felt as if a great weight had settled on her shoulders. This was not simply an agreement. It was an Agreement, and she had a grim feeling that if she betrayed the witch, death would be the least terrible thing that could arise from it. So be it. Being the boss had a great many perks but it also had a great many responsibilities.

As the witch continued, Roach's face softened. She's not horny. She's lonely.

"I accept your deal. I won't deny being terrified of what will happen to me if I cannot uphold my end, but I swear to you I am entering this with honest intentions. We've lost good people today. Friends and family. Whoever was behind their deaths is going to pay for it by inches. I owe them that much."

Standing up, Roach began to strap her armor back on. It was reassuring to be dressed again. For her the armor was both physical and emotional defense, and having to bare herself to this witch and her subordinates rankled. "I will come tomorrow, and I will stay as long as you'd like. Your ways are strange to me, but if we can be allies? I would like that."

Strange was putting it mildly. Yet this was a powerful woman and Roach made it a point to try and make powerful people either dead or under her thumb. If she had to restrain herself and be an ingratiating, obsequious waif to ensure the latter? No question she would do so.

"The details of what you know can wait until tomorrow and you are assured of my intentions. But I would like to ask this now: My enemy. Will you tell me their name?"

After this, Roach is heading home unless Woods Witch has more to discuss or something else crops up.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Thank you," Woods Witch says as you offer to come again tomorrow. "I will greatly enjoy it." She tends to the fire as you get dressed. When you ask for the name, she says, "Skull. She calls herself Skull now. Her old name has been lost to the maelstrom, if she even had one before."

As the three of you leave, Tumble Dry hands you your shotgun back. She takes her bat out again and says "We gonna...talk...with HR?" She waves the bat a little at the word 'talk.' Seems she's on the side of using violence if needed. Right Nut gets the car started, but you can see he's paying close attention to the conversation between the two of you. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach nodded as she tightened the final buckle. "Tomorrow." With a glance at her cohorts she took her leave and headed back outside.

Skull. Skull. Roach rolled the name around in her mind, feeling it out. Tasting it. It was short and blunt and utterly lacking in nuance or subtlety. Kind of like Roach.

What did I do to you, Skull? Who did I kill; what did I destroy - that you hate me this much? Or is this your way of flirting with me?

"You drive, TD." Roach slid into the passenger seat and set the butt of the shotgun in between her feet, one hand resting on the barrel as she ran a hand through her hair with the other. She sighed contentedly as the analgesic effects of the witch's salve began to numb the aches and pains of the day.

As Right Nut and Tumble Dry settled in and the buggy roared into life, Roach closed her eyes and spoke. "No. We are not going to talk with HR. I'll sit down with him and Matilda and explain things and the girl will make her decision. Remember why you signed up with me in the first place. You follow my orders and in return, me and the rest of the Glee Club have your back no matter what. If I go around selling off your family members that whole basis of trust collapses. If she says no? Well. The witch will get her pound of flesh one way or another, I have no doubt. But what I am hoping for is that the two of them realize the benefits to all of us by saying yes. If even some of the rumors I have heard are true, having two people with that sort of power and well disposed towards me is invaluable."

Roach sat silently for a moment before piping back up. "Right Nut. When the time comes, don't let me get carried away. You get to pull the trigger on this Skull once we get hold of her. That's my promise to you."


*The possibility that Skull wants to seize power or cause chaos, and Roach was simply a convenient target and nothing more does not remotely cross Roach's mind. To her, it has to be something personal. Her ego demands it.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"Idiot," my smile goes away, turning into a deep frown, "Do you know who the worst kind of people are, Harvest?" I say, wiping off some of the blood on my face, "It's disgusting assholes like this," I deliver a sharp kick to the corpses' chest, "Who beat up people who can't fight back. Who think they're goddamn bigger than they are," I spit at the body, "I might be hosed up, but at least I know I'm hosed up."

I pick up the body, and throw it over my shoulder, "Come on. Let's go look for a place to throw this piece of garbage in, then we can go do that job."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ●●●●○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

I simply incline my head at her invectives and follow Barracuda. While I agree that he was, indeed, loathsome... I think his more critical failing was misunderstanding the role the Autumn held for him. He was not a king among men, yet acted as though he was. It was simply the Autumn's will that he would find his end from someone stronger than he.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Barracuda: You and Harvest take the body and dump it where most of the Wall's waste goes. That's about as good as you can get here - it'd be noticed fairly quickly elsewhere in town and Razorwire has people watching the ways into and out of the Wall. You and Harvest head back to where Illuminati was waiting, and she's still there. She looks kind of nerveous, and then sees you. She rushes over and starts stammering, "Uh, so...how did it, I mean...did you do it?" What do you do?

Harvest: Do you remember anything about your family? If not, what do you think they were like?

Roach: Tumble Dry looks kind of disappointed, but gets in the buggy and drives. Right Nut silently nods as you make the promise to him. The three of you head back to Good Frank's farm and meet up with the remaining Glee Club members here. They take what they can of the dead members and load everything into the truck, heading back to the Warren. There's a silence that hangs over the entire trip, the rest of them looking at you and Right Nut with curiosity. What do you tell everyone when you get back?

Aster: It's another day managing Solitary, your part of the Warren pretty full on customers. Things seem to be going fine lately but as you enter Parcher's workshop to resupply on drugs you see him arguing with Tum Tum. The psychic twins are taking various vials and powders from the area. The three of them see you enter, and Parcher says "Aster! These assholes are taking my poo poo!" You can see he's hoping you'll be able to do something about it. But Tum Tum gives you a nasty smile.

"Sorry Aster," Tum sarcastically says as he starts putting the supplies in his pocket.

"These are needed elsewhere," Tum says as she watches you to make sure you don't do anything. She has her SMG out, but it's pointed at the ground for now.

"Queen Moh has someone making something for her."

"Take it up with her if you have a problem."

Why do the three (two?) of you have a bad history together? Not to mention they're part of Roach's Glee Club and apparently doing this for Queen Moh. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach stepped out of the vehicle and slung the shotgun over her shoulder. As the rest of her crew piled out, she turned to address them.

"Put the word out that we'll be holding services this evening for the dead. I'll explain what's up and who's dying because of it afterwards. Balls, Helix, Tumble Dry." Roach cocked her head towards the vehicles. "Get these gassed up and looked over, and tell the garage crew to move up maintenance checks on the rest."

At that, she left them to go about their business. Right Nut could go do whatever he needed to do to cope. Probably go to Solitary and piss off Aster. Meanwhile, she needed to talk to Bleak and arrange a burial detail. Had to set up a meeting with HR and his sister as well. gently caress, what a complete poo poo show this day had turned out to be.

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011


Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

And she was having SUCH a pleasant evening, too.

This could hardly be called Aster's first run in with the twins, though finding them bothering Parcher was new. She turned them away some nights; they were too free with that hosed up brain poo poo, doing things in HER establishment, getting close to her patrons in a way that gave her the heebies. She was fairly sure they'd never tried anything on herself or her crew, but would she have known if they did? The uncertainty made her lips twist in disgust.

"Queen Moh, is it? Well if that ain't something. A request from royalty." She glanced at Parcher, offering an apologetic glance... she wasn't about to start anything just yet, not with that SMG in view and Roach's Queen being named. "Not sure I rightly see why she'd send you two scurrying along, but sure sounds awful official."

Aster stepped forward, hands in her pockets, trying to physically put herself between Tum Tum and what supplies they hadn't yet made off with.

"If it's Queen Moh, you won't mind little ole me heading out to ask her about it, mm? She'll know what this is all about, won't be telling me you were throwing around her name to get a little candy on the sly...?"

Frankly, it seemed too risky to bluff about; regardless of Tum Tum's answer, it seemed she'd need to visit the Glee Club and find out why they were robbing HER suppliers. Maybe not Queen Moh herself, but there'd surely be someone willing to talk.

@Aster: 2d6+1 read a person = (2+2)+1 = 5
Aster's trying to figure out if Tum Tum is telling the truth.



The Maestro D' posted:

Name: Aster
Look: Ambiguous, Vintage Wear, Pretty Face, Cool Eyes, Fat Body, Precise Hands

Stats:
Cool 0
Hard 1
Hot 2
Sharp 1
Weird -1

Moves:
You call this hot?: When you try to do something under fire, roll+hot instead of roll+cool
Fingers in every pie: Put out the word that you want a thing—could be a person, could be somethin somethin, could even be just a thing—and roll+hot. On a 10+, it shows up in your establishment for you, like magic. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up in your establishment for you with strings wicked attached.

Gear:
One half a pair of tailor's scissors (2-harm hand)
Vintage fur coat and fashion (0-armor)
Oddments worth barter-2

Maestro D' Special: If you hook another character up—with sex, with food, with somethin somethin, whatever—it counts as having sex with them.

Establishment: Solitary

Main Attraction: Drugs
Side Attractions: Luxury food, drinks

Atmosphere: Intimacy, fresh fruit, forgetting, perfume

Security: Everybody's packing and a warren of dead-ends, hideaways, and boltholes

TheAlmightyJ fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2018 around 06:56

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: The three of them head off to the garage while Right Nut silently walks away. You head to the central building and come across Bleak holding two Glee Club members down. The disarray of the surrounding area and bruises on the two suggest he just stopped a fight. He looks up as he hears you enter, and notices the look on your face. He slowly released his grip and glares at them. The two of them scramble away to leave you two alone. What do you do?

Aster: Tum Tum laughs as you get in the way. "Go ahead Aster, go to Queen Moh," Tum says.

"I bet she'll love you wasting her time," Tum adds from behind you. From the way they're acting, you realize they really are acting under Queen Moh's orders - it's why they're so confident and thrilled about being here.

But they suddenly stop laughing...and then Tum starts looking into your eyes. "You going to move aside now Aster? Or do you want to do something you'll regret?" You suddenly feel like he's looking past your eyes, and into you. You no longer hear Tum saying anything from behind you. Even Parcher seems to fade out of view. What was something you've done in your life that you now regret?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

I've earned my fee. Ta-ta!

Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach watched the pair skulk off, head cocked and hands on her hips. "I never noticed before. Mishka has a really nice rear end." Flicking her dark eyes over to Bleak, she gave him that silent look of, 'was that something I need to know about?'

"So. Our check-up on the farm was a complete disaster. A revenant got most of the crew, Left Nut included, so her brother is gonna be in a mood for a long while. Talked to the Woods Witch on the way back, and it seems some bitch named Skull is behind it. She's willing to tell me more but I'm going to need Matilda's cooperation. The upside to all of this is Good Frank owes us big time, for whatever that's worth." She waved a hand in annoyed dismissal. "I want you to round up some people for burial detail. The dead belong to winter now, but we'll see them off as best we can."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"It's done. You don't have to worry about him anymore," is all I tell her. I crouch down to Illuminati at eye-level, "Alright. You work for me now, got it? When I tell you to do something, you do it. No questions asked. Now, me and my friend over here," I point my thumb at Harvest, "Are heading out for a while, so here's my first job for you; while we're gone, I want you to keep your head down, and stay out of trouble, alright? And if anybody even thinks about starting poo poo with you or your mom, I want you to show 'em this," I take off the bone-tooth necklace I was wearing around my neck, and drop it in her tiny little hands, "That'll let 'em know that you work for me, and it should scare 'em away. Just don't go wearing it around everywhere, okay?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ○○○○○» | 6-barter | 1-armor

I ignore the goings on between Barracuda and the girl. It is of little concern. Of more concern is the thoughts that the sight of the little one have spurred.

Family... I imagine I must have had something like that, once, unless I was shaped and created by those old world machines that surrounded me when I awoke. I cannot remember for sure. I remember cold steel, tests, endless tests, and... something deeper. The thought does give me some pause. If I am not alone, then are there others like me? Conduits of the Autumn? Does It desire that we join forces or should we too engage in a battle to determine the most worthy.

This is all quite disconcerting. The purity of purpose, knowing that there was nothing for me in this world but the Autumn's whims... It gave me much.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:55 AM
@Harvest: 2d6+3 opening my brain = (2+3)+3 = 8

"Do I have living relatives?" +XP.

Advancing and taking another Brainer move: Casual Brain Receptivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "Fleece and Jackabaka," Bleak says in response to your look. Ah. Those two hate each other, and they've got Glee Club members who will get into fights with each other on their behalf. Do you know why they hate each other? And why are they high up in the Glee Club even with this stupid feud going on?

As you mention the revanent, his eyes widen slightly. "Revenant?" You know he's worried...maybe even a little bit scared. Has Bleak ever been scared of anything before? He nods at your order to arrange burial detail. "Talk to the Glee Club about it soon," he advises. If you have anything else you want to tell him or ask him about, you can. Otherwise, he'll head off. What do you do?

Barracuda: Illuminati takes the necklace, looking at it in amazement. "Thank you!" She gives you a hug. How does it feel to have someone this grateful to you for killing someone else? She pauses for a moment. "Just...we can't let my mom know, okay? I don't want her to know that...that I hired you to do it." What do you do?

Harvest: Barracuda and Illuminati fade as the tree of Autumn comes back into view. You see a branch, made out of some kind of shiny silver metal. Two leaves stick out. You hear footsteps, electronic beeps, something being moved...and then voices. One of the leaves falls off. "Harvest," you hear a group whisper. The other leaf falls off. "Sundown," the same people whisper. The leaves drift in the wind(?), and you hear the voices alternate as they slowly fall to the ground. "Harvest, Sundown, Harvest, Sundown, Harvest, Sundown, Harvest, Sundown, Harvest-"

A hand reaches out and grabs one of the leaves. Skull is on the tree, attached to it by just her feet. She looks at you, her face blank. Then she uses her other hand and shoves you hard.

You stumble backwards, and suddenly the tree is gone and Barracuda and Illuminati are back. What do you do?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply