Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


drat it. Even Bleak was getting the creeps. Not that Roach blamed him - this was some bad loving voodoo to have to deal with. Still, it was not a great sign. The man was old, and you didn't get old doing what he did without having seen and survived and spit in the eyes of just about everything that walked under this autumn sky. The only time she had ever seen Bleak scared before was when a wild dog took a chunk out of him. What was it he had said? Ray-bees? Roach didn't know what a ray-bee was but it sure worried the hell out the old bastard. He would wake up and stare at his canteen like it had a gun to his head. He had eventually gotten over the fear that had him, but the look in his eyes now was the sort of look he had had back then.

"Yeah. I plan on talking with our alive boys and girls after we put the dead ones in the ground this evening. They'll need to know what's going on and what we're going to do about it. Just so you're apprised - when it happens, we're going all in. Everything we have. This Skull is going to be buried under so much ordinance you'll need stilts to get through the shell casings."

As he headed off, she called out. "One last thing. Put the word out that I'm looking for Barracuda, and that whoever gets her here will earn themselves a finders fee."

Sauntering off, Roach began making the rounds. Chatting with her boys and girls, or sneering at/ignoring the common jackoffs that thought to take advantage of her time asking for this or that. Moh and HR were the diplomatic ones and it was only because she heeded their council that she allowed anyone but her gang to live here at all. And speaking of diplomacy...she would have to have a word with Moh and Hoarfrost. The Queen tolerated Roach's adherence to Hoarfrost's teachings but she wasn't a fan, and she used Fleece as a pawn to rile up winter's faithful. Jackaback meanwhile was, like Girl Friday, part of the Glee Club and part of The End, and took it upon himself to be a counter to Fleece's troublemaking.

Roach herself? She thought it was all pretty hilarious, and it kept people on their toes. So long as nobody started killing without cause they could have their little ideological war. Complacency was always an enemy, and if things settled down in the Warren it would sneak in during the night and rob them of their strength. Still. She would have to clarify that stance before someone started taking things too personally.

Off to find HR and invite him for a quick drink and a chat at Solitary.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Apr 9, 2018 around 23:20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011


Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

Aster's frown deepened, arms crossed at the way Tum Tum laughed... it would've been much easier to chase them off if they'd been there on false pretenses; if Queen Moh really was involved then that meant she'd have more questions to ask.

She didn't have time to plan what they'd be, as Tum met her eyes and the world started to dim. Faintly, she felt nauseous, her stomach churning though she only had a brief flicker of understanding before her thoughts were lost in memory. Solitary was a fine establishment and she did a drat fine job running it, but she tended to push down the poo poo she'd done to keep it that way. One thing in particular stood out... a real shame, one she'd not questioned herself over in some time... letting a pretty faced merc with too many guns bleed out on the other side of her door.

She could've helped... it wasn't good business, but she could've, and she didn't. Wasn't even a body there, the next day.

gently caress it, she's not going to start anything with Tum Tum, not if they're pulling THAT poo poo. Soon as Aster had her wits back around her she stumbled out of the way, not even bothering to try and make some kind of conciliatory motion towards Parcher. No use in picking fights now.

"Just get on your ways already an' let us good working folk get b-back to business."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: From asking around, you gather that HR is in the markets - and he has Matilda with him as well. You head there, and everyone notices. HR sees you coming and waves. "Hello, Roach!" The young girl next to him glowers at you. "Is everything all right?" What do you do?

Aster: "Will do," Tum says as he finishes loading his pockets.

"Be seeing you around Aster," Tum says. The two of them are real happy with themselves. But you see Parcher looks angry. After they leave, he takes out some of the product he's made. "Well, here's what we've got. Better make it last, it might be a while before we can get more materials. Assuming they don't just start taking it from now on." What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


"HR. Matilda." Roach nodded to the man before meeting Matilda's glower head on. "You look like you have something on your mind, small lady. And I would love to hear all about it." Roach flashed Matilda a tight, malevolent smile before whipping her head back around to look at HR. "No, things are not alright. What joyous fortune, then, to have the two people in all the world who can change that here before me. Join me at Solitary. I have a proposition."

It was not a request.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ○○○○○ | 6-barter | 1-armor

Sundown... the name strikes some chord within my being. And Skull, as well. It seems our paths are destined to intertwine. Still, I think these mysteries will need to wait. I say, "Barracuda. Time is running short. We should get to the motor pool."

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011


Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

Aster let out a slow, deep breath and stood herself a little straighter, carefully adjusting her tie and coat before slicking back her hair. Composure. Professional.

gently caress.

"That's mighty fine, Parcher, and a real good job as always, I'm sure. I'll make it stretch; ain't the only time lil ol' Aster's had to deal with a little hardship." She turned to him and offered her best customer service smile, "Now, you just focus on keeping your side of things running smooth as silk and you leave handling the rest to your pal. Take the evening off; you drop by later, I'll get you the best we got, on the house, how's that sound?"

Hopefully it'd be enough to placate the man, even if only for a little. She needed time... to compose herself, plan what she was going to do, make sure what little drugs she had got back to Solitary and the crew knew to cut it and make it last.

With a sweeping bow, she'd make her way out, back down towards Solitary.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: The three of you head to Solitary in silence, HR looking worried and Matilda continuing to glower. You get in and seated quickly as the staff sees you. You sit at a table with just HR and Matilda. As they go to get your food ready HR says, "What's wrong Roach? What do you need from me?" What do you do?

Aster: "Yeah," Parcher says. "Yeah I'll do that." He's still not happy, but he seems to have calmed down somewhat.

As you enter Solitary, you see Roach and HR along with some girl. You could bring up what just happened to her if you want. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

I... I was not expecting that. I've never had anybody ever be this thankful to me over killing someone. Then again, I've never had a kid request me for a job, either. "Uh... yea," I glance around, not sure what to do, and hug her back really awkwardly, "You're... welcome? I guess? And, yea, it's better we leave your mom out of this. It's better that she doesn't know," I look back at Harvest when she speaks to me, and nod at her, "Alright, kid, I need to go," I let go of her, and ruffle her hair a little, "You take care of yourself, alright? I'll, uh, see you when I get back, I guess?"

I walk up next to Harvest, and say, "Alright. I'm ready to go," I throw my arm around her shoulder, and walk with her over to the motor pool, "Let's get this job over with, so we can share some drinks later!"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


Roach sat back in her seat, ignoring the food. There was a hungry look in her eyes - a predator that had just caught wind of a wounded animal. With the pain from her injuries deadened and time to think, the idea of the coming violence was starting to sink its fingers into her mind. A clash against someone who could command revenants? It was going to be brutal, and ugly, and she could hardly wait.

"We're going to war. My crew got hit hard today checking out the farm and a bitch named Skull is behind it. Woods Witch knows more, but she's not giving that knowledge away for free." She leaned forward and stared Matilda in the eyes. "The Witch wants you as an apprentice. I have no idea precisely what that entails. A lot of hard work, I imagine. Cooking and cleaning. Learning the forest and its secret ways. Warming her bed, maybe. I don't know." She turned towards HR. "What I do know is that it's almost certainly a better deal than she's ever going to get here."

Roach sat back again and crossed her arms. "Think it over. I don't need an answer right this moment. But I will need an answer in a week. But consider this, small lady. You'll be heir to that woman's power and you'll have the Warren's backing - without having to live under my rules. The surly look you keep flashing me suggests you'd be just fine with that."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: "That sounds like it loving sucks," Matilda says right before shoveling some food into her mouth. HR looks a bit mortified at her speaking to you like that, but you can see he agrees. "I don't know Roach. I don't like it. I'd prefer she stays here over going to Woods Witch. Surely you can bargain with her for something else in exchange for her help?" What do you do?

Barracuda and Harvest: Illuminati waves goodbye to Barracuda as the two of you head off. Razorwire is waiting at the motor pool - which is really a tiny garage with only a few cars. "Here's your car," she says and motions to a faded green compact car. "Try not to lose it, otherwise I'll have to dock your pay." She hands Barracuda the keys, while eyeing Harvest.

The two of you spend quite a while on the road before getting to Fear Market. It's located in a small suburb to the west of The Wall. The various homes are used to house various services and merchant's places of business. A few guards walk around the area constantly, making sure no trouble is going on. The house of Kroger, the leader of Fear Market, is distinguished by the large number of guards around it, the better condition it's in compared to the other houses, and the ornaments and decorations that are placed on the decayed lawn and around the exterior of the house. What do the two of you do now that you're here?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2018 around 04:38

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011


Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

She'd barely made it back through the winding halls to Solitary and already more trouble; the leader of the Glee Club herself, right there at a prime table. Well, that decided what she had to do next, didn't it?

Aster swept to the back, carefully fixing her hair and clothes before grabbing a tray, soon striding back onto the floor with a composed smile and a tray of drinks to approach Roach's table.

"Well, well, well...! I hope you'll be pardoning lil ol' Aster for bothering you all, but if it ain't rare what I see you around here, Roach." She smiled at the three, one at a time, then dipped into a bow, holding out her tray... they wouldn't be FANCY but they were hard and smelled sweet, and hopefully that'd do. "Thought it'd be mighty fine to show my appreciation for the pa-tron-age with a lil something on the house, perhaps? For you and your little entourage..."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


The last thread of Roach's patience snapped as the girl mouthed off to her. She was a slip of practically nothing - it would be scarcely any effort at all to haul the little bitch up and onto the table. And from there, well. Roach was practiced enough with that machete and the small lady didn't necessarily need both arms. Wouldn't be so many sullen looks after she got her own severed limb thrown into her face.

Just as her hate made the decision for her, she was utterly derailed as Aster approached and rattled off her speech. Suddenly all impetus to maim Matilda stopped cold, like a hound caught short by its chain. The fury was still there snapping and snarling, but held fast.

For now.

"...Aster." She wanted to spit fire and acid into the eyes of everybody around her. She glared at the pair she was seated with. "Say 'thank you', ingrates." Returning her gaze to Aster and pointedly not taking the proffered sweets, she continued. "...How's business?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Roach: HR takes a drink from the tray, and a smaller one for Matilda. "Thank you Aster," he says with a somewhat strained smile. He looks at Matilda. "Say thank you, Matilda."

"Thanks," she mumbles before gulping it down. He still seems worried, looking at you over the glass as he takes a small sip from it. He's watching you closely now.

Aster: You seem to have walked in an awkward situation here. What do you think of HR?

TheAlmightyJ
Sep 7, 2011


Aster, the Maestro D'
Cool 0 | Hard 1 | Hot 2 | Sharp 1 | Weird -1
Harm 0:00 | Experience 0/5 | 2-barter | 0-armor

Aster smiled sweet as the honey drenched desserts that headlined her menu.

HR wasn't a bad sort by any means... reasonable, easy to talk to, bit less likely to cause trouble for her or her people. He'd certainly be the one she'd be happiest to deal with at the table, tonight. She'd offer him a little wink and bow to the three of them, again, keeping up appearances.

"Why, you know it wasn't no trouble... now I know all my drinks are awful nice, but here's hoping these suit your tastes, mm?" She turned to Roach, her smile growing a touch chillier to match the woman's glare. "Oh, you know... up and down, ain't it always? Solitary makes do and so does Aster... no matter what trouble comes my way. And I sure hope things down at your little club ain't going too badly now? Hmm? Nothing what might be going and causing a fuss for us little folk just trying to make our ways?"

TheAlmightyJ fucked around with this message at Apr 20, 2018 around 03:42

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Roach
Harm 6:00 | 2-armor | XP 3/5 | sharp, weird


"Little club." Roach swept a hand through her hair and gave the maestro'd a dark look through lowered brows. "Spare me the condescension. I'm getting enough attitude from the small lady. Any more of it and I'm going to forget how to be civil." She sat back and drummed her fingers on the table, forcing herself to maintain a neutral expression.

"As for how things are going? Poorly. Any day now revenants are like to be hammering on the walls. I can already imagine what the screaming will sound like. But, the decision has been made. Its out of my hands now." Roach flicked her eyes towards Matilda. Standing up, Roach brushed herself free of imaginary dust before putting a hand on her waist, hip cocked.

"..."

Roach's mouth opened but nothing came out. She snapped her jaw shut and the distant look in her eyes made it clear the gears were turning. Slowly and creakily, but turning nonetheless.

"...So anyway. I need to go see my wife. Do me a solid, Aster? See to it HR and the small lady get whatever they want. Be generous, and I will return the favor."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage



Harvest, the Brainer
Cool +1 | Hard +1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +3
Harm: 0:00 | Experience: ○○○○○ | 6-barter | 1-armor

I look over to Barracuda and say, "Kroger may be our easiest avenue for investigating Skull. I don't think there's any real need to escalate hostilities with the people of Fear Market..." A cold smile blossoms on my face. "...but I cannot blame you for responding in kind if they fail to be pleasant hosts."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006



Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

I look back at Harvest, returning her smile with my own signature wild grin, "Let's hope, for their sake, that it doesn't come down to that." Although I really hope it does. It's been a while since I've had some actual fun. Sure, it's probably not the best, or smartest idea to take on this many well-armored guards, 'specially in my current condition, but it'd be fun as hell, and I could proooobably take down a whole lot of them before I go down. If it comes down to that, anyways.

"You're better at the talking thing than I am, and you've got the whole brain... psychic... autumn... thingie, so I'll let you do the introductions for us, and if things go bad, then..." I gesture at my arsenal under my coat, my grin growing even wider, "That's what I've got these babies for~"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Barracuda: The two of you head over to Kroger's house, but catch the attention of the guards. They take out their guns, looking at your weapons and body armor. "Hey! Stop! What do the two of you want?" They have their weapons out, but are waiting for your response right now before doing anything. What do you do?

Harvest: The guards have noticed you two, but you can see they're paying far more attention to Barracuda at the moment. What do you do?

  • Locked thread
«3 »