Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Hard +3 | Cool -1 | Hot -2 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm 0:00 | Experience: 1/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

Spending 1-barter on living expenses!

I lean my back against the wall, arms folded against my chest, and let out a long, bored, yawn. Ugh, how much longer are those two going to loving take? I've been standing here, bored out of my loving skull, for a goddamn hour now. I was hoping to get a few loving jobs done with Harvest today, but that rear end Razorwire had to go and hog her for herself. Again. I swear to whatever loving God that's out there, if Razorwire wasn't paying me well, I'd of busted through the door, and-

"...Huh?"

I feel something going through my coat, and when I look down, I see a young kid... with a hand on my gun. I lock eyes with the kid, narrowing my gaze, and say, in a threatening tone, "Kid, if I were you, I'd let go of the gun, and slowly step away before you do something you're going to regret."

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6-2 Manipulating the kid! What could possibly go wrong!? = (5+1)-2 = 4
Welp. At least I get to mark XP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 2/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

Son of a BITCH! gently caress! That little bastard actually shot me! Wait, am I bleeding? gently caress, I am bleeding! And now that she thinks she can run away with my gun! If she thinks she's getting away after that, then she's dead loving wrong!

I chase after the girl. She tries to take another shot at me, but it pings off my armor. Even with my wound, I manage to catch up to her, and grab her, "Come here, you little poo poo!" She tries to struggle, but I quickly overpower her, grabbing her by the back of her clothing, and lifting up her up off her feet. "I'll be taking this back," I wrench my gun back from her tiny little hands, "Y'know, next time, when you shoot somebody, try going for a shot that'd cripple 'em, like the knee caps, so they don't chase you down," I put my magnum back into the holster in my coat, "So, y'wanna start explaining why ya thought it'd be a good idea to steal from somebody who's armed to the loving teeth?"

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6+3 seizing the kid by force = (3+2)+3 = 8
- You take definite and undeniable control of it.
- It's safe, secure, and undamaged in the fighting.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"You can pay me, huh?" I say, sounding skeptical about it. She's lucky I got a policy against hurting kids, because otherwise I woulda shot her in the face by now.

Ah, gently caress it. Might as well hear what she has to say. "Alright, I'll let you down," I jab a finger on her tiny cheek, "But you better not be thinking of making a run for it." I let her down, and glare at her. "Okay. Show me. How're you gonna pay me?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

I take a look at all the crap the kid pulled out. Yeah, this isn't even close to being enough, but she could be useful. "Alright," I get down on my knees, so I can be at eye level with the kid, "I'll do the job, but I hope yer ready for me to work ya to the bone. This ain't something ya can pay off in a week, especially after you gave me this," I gesture at the wound she left me, "You're going to be working for a long time, kiddo. You think you're ready for that?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"You give me a name, a description, and then I go and shoot whoever it is in the head," I hold up a finger to my forehead, and mimic a gun being shot, "Simple as that."

"Speaking of names, you got one I can call you, kid?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"Hey, Harvest!" I stand back up and wave at her. "Yea, I'm still good to go. Got something I need to take care of first, though," I point Illuminati, "This little shrimp over here just hired me to take care of some guy called Putrid over at the Humble Table. Shouldn't take take more than, I dunno, 10 minutes?"

"What'd ya say, buddy?" I nudge her with my elbow, and give her a big, toothy grin, showing off all my razor sharp teeth, "You mind helping me out with this? It could be fun!"

...Hm. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? Wasn't I going to ask the kid something else? What was I going to ask again? "Oh, right!" I slap my forehead when I remember what my question was, "Hey, kid, I probably shoulda asked this sooner, but why do you want this guy dead, anyways?" I don't usually ask, but it's not everyday I get hired by a little girl.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 28, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"Alright, here we are," I turn to Harvest, "So, I'm thinking we lure this guy out, take him someplace a little less crowded, like..." I take a quick look at the area around us, "The alleyway over there," I point at the empty alleyway near the Humble Table, "We could go in and pop a cap in his rear end, but he might have buds around, and I don't think they'd appreciate us shooting down their buddy, so we'll drag him out, take him to that alleyway over there, and deal with him there."

I look back at Harvest, and say, "That plan sound alright to you, buddy?"

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 31, 2018

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"Fair point. With the reputation I have, he'll know something's up if I start talking to him," I pat Harvest on the back, "Okay, I'm counting on you, buddy! Let's get this done quick so we can go do that job for Razorwire!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

I've got my shotgun out and ready to use. I find a point-blank shot to the gut is the quickest way to take care of someone. Now all I gotta do is wait for Harvest to bring the poor fucker over here.

I pass the time by whistling a cheery little tune to myself, and let my mind drift for a while. It's a little trick Carrion taught me. She'd call it an 'invitation.' By emptying your mind, you invite the unknown forces of this world into your head, and from there, anything can happen. Maybe they'll help you, or maybe they'll drive you insane.

And it's not like I'm doing it for no reason. The job Harvest was telling me about sounds like a big one, and a big job usually means big risks, and even bigger dangers. If I'm lucky, maybe they will show me what kind of dangers we'll be facing. If I'm not, then they might make me go on a blood-soaked rampage around the town. It's a huge risk doing this, and it could completely gently caress me over... and I love it!

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6+2 opening brain = (3+6)+2 = 11
Getting insight on dangers ahead!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger
Harm 6:00 | Experience: 3/5 | 1-barter | 2-armor

"Hey, there," I pop up right behind Putrid, shoving my magnum right at the back of his head, "That's some nice stuff ya got there. It'd be a real shame if any blood got on it, don't ya think? Yea, a real shame," I say, nodding to myself, "Hey, I've got an idea! How's about you take off all your stuff, and very slowly put it all in that little corner over there? And when I say all, I mean everything, including your clothes. You wouldn't mind doing that for me, would you, buddy? After all," I slowly thumb off the safety of my gun, and grin as wide a s shark, "It's not like there's anybody pointing a gun to your head or anything like that."

quote:

@Barracuda: 2d6+3 Going Aggro = (4+3)+3 = 10
He has to choose:
- Force your hand and suck it up.
- Cave and do what you want.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"Idiot," my smile goes away, turning into a deep frown, "Do you know who the worst kind of people are, Harvest?" I say, wiping off some of the blood on my face, "It's disgusting assholes like this," I deliver a sharp kick to the corpses' chest, "Who beat up people who can't fight back. Who think they're goddamn bigger than they are," I spit at the body, "I might be hosed up, but at least I know I'm hosed up."

I pick up the body, and throw it over my shoulder, "Come on. Let's go look for a place to throw this piece of garbage in, then we can go do that job."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

"It's done. You don't have to worry about him anymore," is all I tell her. I crouch down to Illuminati at eye-level, "Alright. You work for me now, got it? When I tell you to do something, you do it. No questions asked. Now, me and my friend over here," I point my thumb at Harvest, "Are heading out for a while, so here's my first job for you; while we're gone, I want you to keep your head down, and stay out of trouble, alright? And if anybody even thinks about starting poo poo with you or your mom, I want you to show 'em this," I take off the bone-tooth necklace I was wearing around my neck, and drop it in her tiny little hands, "That'll let 'em know that you work for me, and it should scare 'em away. Just don't go wearing it around everywhere, okay?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

I... I was not expecting that. I've never had anybody ever be this thankful to me over killing someone. Then again, I've never had a kid request me for a job, either. "Uh... yea," I glance around, not sure what to do, and hug her back really awkwardly, "You're... welcome? I guess? And, yea, it's better we leave your mom out of this. It's better that she doesn't know," I look back at Harvest when she speaks to me, and nod at her, "Alright, kid, I need to go," I let go of her, and ruffle her hair a little, "You take care of yourself, alright? I'll, uh, see you when I get back, I guess?"

I walk up next to Harvest, and say, "Alright. I'm ready to go," I throw my arm around her shoulder, and walk with her over to the motor pool, "Let's get this job over with, so we can share some drinks later!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Barracuda, the Gunlugger

I look back at Harvest, returning her smile with my own signature wild grin, "Let's hope, for their sake, that it doesn't come down to that." Although I really hope it does. It's been a while since I've had some actual fun. Sure, it's probably not the best, or smartest idea to take on this many well-armored guards, 'specially in my current condition, but it'd be fun as hell, and I could proooobably take down a whole lot of them before I go down. If it comes down to that, anyways.

"You're better at the talking thing than I am, and you've got the whole brain... psychic... autumn... thingie, so I'll let you do the introductions for us, and if things go bad, then..." I gesture at my arsenal under my coat, my grin growing even wider, "That's what I've got these babies for~"

• Locked thread