Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This is sort of tangential, but I decided to hate-read the "Funko Universe" Dredd oneshot, and

I ended up not hating it at all

It has Pugg Dredd, which immediately justifies its existence

e: ah ha ha ha ha, the very next story is the Dark Judges causing a zombie apocalypse. Dredd and Anderson are on the scene, Anderson figures out where they are immediately, but isn't really cool with gunning down the zombies since she suspects there's a way to turn them back. The solution Dredd and Anderson come to is...

like, to someone who's a bigger Dredd purist than I am this is probably disgraceful, but I'm not that big of one and I'm losing my poo poo laughing at this stupid oneshot

e2: holy poo poo the end of that story, I'm not spoiling it, go read this oneshot right now :laffo: I'm legit sad this only has 3 stories in it

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I have bought a grand total of one Funko pop in my life, a Michonne from Walking Dead for my mom who's both a TWD nut and loves tacky poo poo.

I was expecting the Funko Dredd comic to be awful and was pretty surprised to find out it's basically Marvel Adventures Dredd.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Dredd also only budges when forced. Tour of Duty doesn't happen without Fargo telling him the system is hosed up AND Dredd meeting his cousins

i think this is a little reductive

it's not just people telling him poo poo needs to change, it's also him realizing they're right, of his own accord. Fargo telling him poo poo's hosed is the tipping point, but it doesn't have any effect without Dredd starting to be worn down by the brutality of the system himself and beginning to waver on his faith in it