Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
i've finally started reading the books i've gotten from the few Dredd/2000AD humble bundles over the last few years recently after picking up a random Megazine issue a while back (was the June issue, my newsagent here seems to be a few months behind because of international shipping and stuff; and boy was that Devlin Waugh strip opening on the possessed dildo not at all what i was expecting lmao) and it's been really neat stuff. a couple of stories in a couple of the more general "here's a bunch of strips around a particular theme" collections have been a bit naff but for the most part i'm really enjoying what i'm reading

i think my favourite story so far has probably been Meat, which was in the 2000ad 40th anniversary collection. like, America was everything good that everyone says about it, but as a single part story Meat was just a real concise view into this whole world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
Is this just the 2000ad thread now?

The future shock in this week's prog was pretty dece. It feels real easy to roll your eyes at "oh, it's an Ender's Game" to start but going in on that combined with the drudgery of modern work like "oh, gotta pop out for a smoke break between sessions of killing these foreigners" feels like a good bit of commentary on drone warfare, before we get to the nice end twist that energy beings would be able to just follow whatever energy you're using to remotely control your killbots back and fry your brain

JoJosSiwaAdventure fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 11, 2021

JoJosSiwaAdventure
Nov 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/2000AD/status/1468224023368814593

...huh