Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iksander
Jul 25, 2007
Hey everyone, this is my first real go at the MMO. I just arrived at Ye Olde Detroit and I'm looking to join your great city. Not sure what skills we are in need of, just point me in a direction and I'm ready to help out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Iksander posted:

Hey everyone, this is my first real go at the MMO. I just arrived at Ye Olde Detroit and I'm looking to join your great city. Not sure what skills we are in need of, just point me in a direction and I'm ready to help out.

:ohdear:

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011
So basically it's a full reset with the new season?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's a new larger map with modified gameplay. Items are harder to make. Skill gain is super easy and runs EVE style while you're offline.

Resources are region locked, so you can never grow/raise certain animals, plants, and trees on different sides of the map. This means you either have to trade (and we're talking VAST trade distances here), or won't ever be able to build everything.

This sounds annoying, but it's really cool. It means that everyone can't have everything, and people are forced to use sub-optimal items and buildings.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Plus trade posts actually work now with an improved UI so you don't need to physically travel to trade. We've been having a lot of fun, new enemies, old friends etc.

They added natives too which drop 100ql tools and weapons and high tier materials when you raid them. There's a village nearby thay we can hit when we get better.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

So uh...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/700030/view/4200243059635432507

Another company is bringing back this game? :allears:

Also allegedly some sort of loyalty system to try to get veterans back. While what happened to the original devs was lovely from what I read, was there a real outcry for someone to bring this game back?

New updates since the announcement at the end of last month:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/700030

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

BeAuMaN posted:

So uh...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/700030/view/4200243059635432507

Another company is bringing back this game? :allears:

Also allegedly some sort of loyalty system to try to get veterans back. While what happened to the original devs was lovely from what I read, was there a real outcry for someone to bring this game back?

New updates since the announcement at the end of last month:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/700030

I remember it being tedious as gently caress and aggressively hostile to solo players.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I remember it being kind of fun with full blown goonunism up and running.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
The cacophony of 50 tanning vats all bubbling away in unison.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
All I remember from the original run was some poorly made mountain castle getting immediately overrun, escaping to the desert(?), greenifying, and invading some island guys.

And horse hunting. So many horses.

lol at trying to bring it back

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Huh I guess xsolla won in the end. No idea why you'd go to so much trouble over life is feudal though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I remember having a tree farm and orchard. I enjoyed forestry and hunting in this game.