Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is ranged combat like in mount & blade where you both have to manually aim and also your chance to hit is based on your skill anyway or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Seems that occasionally, the game just decides "you're gonna miss this one", and the bolt/arrow flies off in a random direction. Chance of it happening is based on skill, so it's basically a misfire chance. Other than that, it's pretty much normal manual aim.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Addamere posted:

is ranged combat like in mount & blade where you both have to manually aim and also your chance to hit is based on your skill anyway or what

total manual aim, but occasionally (small chance) the arrow will have a slightly larger variance from the center of your screen

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

astropika fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 14, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

It's 5:30 AM, I haven't played an MMO in months, and this is time and money I could spend with my girlfriend or doing something productive.

I'm gonna use it griefing pubbies. :getin:
It's 1:45 AM the next day and I am already getting what I'm here for.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Did some landscaping out on the south end, thought it needed an extra touch.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

the message plowed into the farm soil with the autistic/brilliant palisade protectors we made for the houses really tie this whole thing together imo

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

:five:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jfc hahahahaha

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
god damnit

shoulda went for :weedass:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

It would appear our friends to the east are not taking their judgment hour loss very well

thoughts and prayers

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 14, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uh

You should ask like anyone to help you become a better poster because that is some really weak sauce fam

Also lol that archeage drama still revenant

e: that post doesnt even reference anything in life is feudal its just a dude calling you out for being a shitlord in a different game's goon guild

Addamere fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 14, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

It would appear our friends to the east are not taking their judgment hour loss very well

thoughts and prayers
Don't touch the poop.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Posting it here, too, since it's important, but not enough so to @ in the Discord. Drawing water now seems to be the most efficient way to raise STR/CON. Someone could probably math it out, but it seems really effective.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Wow, good timing for once on my part, I randomly checked the website because I bought the discounted Your Own for the MMO key a forever ago and holy crap it's out and they made progress. I'll join you guys as soon as it finishes downloading.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
just picked it up here too. same name in discord. running my happy rear end to goondor now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Auth and get in the Mumble and verbally shitpost with us, I'm training Strength and bored.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they need to make an mmo with dynamic muscle growth so if you do some absurdly specific task ad nauseum your elfman ends up having shoulders bigger than his head or watermelons for calves

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The first time I met Kimsemus was in
Rust when him and his gang of goons destroyed my base, then my girlfriend's base while shittalking us all the while. They knew I was a goon and didn't care. I remember thinking he and his friends were huge assholes.

A year later I'm running around with him and his dumb racist buddies doing the same thing. I wasn't wrong, they are still huge dicks, but they're our huge dicks and there's nothing more satisfying in an already toxic mmo environment than swinging your huge dick around and laughing about it with your idiot friends.

So for any new goons, I'd highly suggest you suck it up and go the gay way

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dylguy90 posted:

Rust when him and his gang of goons destroyed my base, then my girlfriend's base while shittalking us all the while. They knew I was a goon and didn't care. I remember thinking he and his friends were huge assholes.

A year later I'm running around with him and his dumb racist buddies doing the same thing. I wasn't wrong, they are still huge dicks, but they're our huge dicks and there's nothing more satisfying in an already toxic mmo environment than swinging your huge dick around and laughing about it with your idiot friends.

yeah thats not something someone should be encouraged to tolerate

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

probably going to jump into this

bringing a couple of non-goon friends too, would it be okay if they jumped in the discord occasionally? our plan is to set up away from Detroit because we like to build on our own, close enough to join in on pillaging shenanigans and to be a sacrificial early warning system/honeypot lol

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
got 10 days on this :< I am A member of the homosexual community.

staberind fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 15, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

bringing a couple of non-goon friends too, would it be okay if they jumped in the discord occasionally? our plan is to set up away from Detroit because we like to build on our own, close enough to join in on pillaging shenanigans and to be a sacrificial early warning system/honeypot lol

We kinda have a system for authing non-goons in if you're down to be in the big town, if not feel free to settle nearby. Remember though, you need 10 people for a guild.

mwdennis
Jan 12, 2013
I've noticed there is no real information from the devs or LiF forums on how claims interact with each other in close proximity. I keep hearing conflicting reports. Some people say that it has to do with the tier of the claim, where as other have reported that even as a tier4 claim, they have had new troll claims that are lower tier pushing back their borders. Anyone here been able to figure it out from observation?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

dylguy90 posted:

to be fair BMW was just alt-right before it was cool :smugdon:

quote:

Well, you guys can settle on our realm claim, but if not, plenty of places to drop a handful of personal claims or a small guild claim. If you do a guild claim though just check with us first on the location.

mwdennis posted:

I've noticed there is no real information from the devs or LiF forums on how claims interact with each other in close proximity. I keep hearing conflicting reports. Some people say that it has to do with the tier of the claim, where as other have reported that even as a tier4 claim, they have had new troll claims that are lower tier pushing back their borders. Anyone here been able to figure it out from observation?

Supposedly, it's the tier of the claim, but in actuality most people are seeing that whoever drops claim first has priority.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Unfortunately can't be on during tonight's JH but something tells me it will go well :getin:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I bought this game years ago and played it almost entirely on a private server for myself to experiment before I got fed up with the approximation of M&B combat. At the time I gave it about a 1/100 chance of actually becoming an MMO.

Huge pleasant surprise that they succeeded, but doubt I'll ever have the chance to play it given life developments in the interceding years.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Good raid tonight! We hosed up a four-person house, a bunch of trees, and the only casualty (myself :j:) didn't even lose their gear.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

PMush Perfect posted:

Good raid tonight! We hosed up a four-person house, a bunch of trees, and the only casualty (myself :j:) didn't even lose their gear.

We had 7 guys blowing up that house, I think due to crashes we were down to 5 at the time, they came out with 20 guys so we swam into the water to regroup.

Truly, each of us is three of them.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
So I got Life is Feudal: Your Own gifted to me in 2015. At the time I was like, wow this gift sucks balls, but this looks pretty fun. Thing is, I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to link my account to my steam account. Should I just log in with steam on the site or is there a way to link it up with an existing account?

If I try to link my account on the main site it logs me out lmao

E: using microsoft edge (kill me) I managed to get into the user group 'registred' (sic). Does this mean I can shoot people without paying 30 bux now or what

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 15, 2018

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
https://lifeisfeudal.com/

Log in to your account there, and there *should* be an option somewhere under account management or settings to merge your account with your steam account. If that's what you've been doing and that's causing the error you mentioned, hit up the devs in the official discord.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So I bought Life is Feudal: MMO off steam, but the map it sends me to when I hit Buyan is the your own map. I see no way of changing this on the launcher or in game.

The gently caress am I doing wrong here?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 15, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
do you mean newbie island

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
cause if so, go into the light

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

cause if so, go into the light

No I mean I went to the light it ate the ticket and sent me to the same looking island but not the newbie version of it.

and no I did not click send me to a different newbie island.

Okay I fixed it by loging in and out 3 times. Somehow. Holy poo poo what a good map bug.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 15, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh then your map is bugged, its just a thing

relog if you havent, also what server does your game say its on in the top left, the number not Buyan

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Yeah it was showing Buyan in the corner but not updating the map, I unfucked it. Was panicked that I managed to gently caress up my ticket in an absurd way. Time to start an hour of running.

It's 5am, I'm auto running into a mountain, I'll do this tomorrow.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jan 15, 2018

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

InstantInfidel posted:

Combat skills and Crafting skills share separate skill point caps, so it's a matter of what types of combat you want to do, not crafting or combat.

edit: lol

I am convinced I need to play this game.

Edit: I need to download and play tomorrow.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 15, 2018

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Those people are in serious denial about how this war is going for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

He will unblock me, say some iteration of this for like 10 lines or so, then reblock me :psyduck: