Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he has the worst case of brain worms ive ever seen or he is the next toblerone triangular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We need to be hitting them every JH to make them think twice about sending away their troops it looks like.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
build a tower in the shape of a dickbutt about it imo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I finally made it to Detroit, stole a tabard, ran in circles for a while and then went to bed, looking forward to actually learning how to play this game tonight!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Babe Magnet posted:

I finally made it to Detroit, stole a tabard, ran in circles for a while and then went to bed, looking forward to actually learning how to play this game tonight!

I killed a man then got ganked by a lagging horse, it's pretty ez

10/10 game, would get routed like a conscripted peasant again

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT
Terraforming efforts are going well :toot:

Pugzilla
Feb 25, 2011

Pugzilla posted:

Having a font issue. The print is way the hell too small. I messed with the video settings in the game and on my PC (4k high rez). Any ideas on how to fix?

Same here. I just spent about 30 minutes editing the Profiles.cs file. Changed fontsize = 9 (or whatever it was) to 28. Anything over 27 I left alone. When I get home, I'll swap out the old Profiles.cs file and put the edited one in. Hopefully, that will fix the issues. Others have had the same problem and done something along the lines of my fix. PM me if you want details on what I'm talking about. Devs could have done a better job with coding. Seems that in many cases, the fonts don't scale and you have to hard code them yourself. Total pain.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Good raid tonight! We hosed up a four-person house, a bunch of trees, and the only casualty (myself :j:) didn't even lose their gear.

Hey now, I died too (baldu).

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

Who is John Galt deadtear?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Deadtear trapped a griefer in the drawbridge and castle gate. He can't stuck out. He can't leave. He can only prayer home or starve to death.

Life truly is feudal.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol

deus vult

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
A question for EU goons - how is the lag/connection to the NA server from this side of the pond? I watched some of Camaro Racers vids and I could defo hear EU accents so there are some of us on there, but my connection is not fibre, so not the fastest.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i played last night and it was 'okay', as in that i had lag but not significantly more than the us people

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

please knock Mom! posted:

i played last night and it was 'okay', as in that i had lag but not significantly more than the us people

Ask in Mumble today how lag is actually your friend!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kimsemus posted:

Deadtear trapped a griefer in the drawbridge and castle gate. He can't stuck out. He can't leave. He can only prayer home or starve to death.

Life truly is feudal.
:yarg:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
This game looks awful in the best way possible. Totally going to get lost in the wilderness and punch some trees or some poo poo.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Galarox posted:

A question for EU goons - how is the lag/connection to the NA server from this side of the pond? I watched some of Camaro Racers vids and I could defo hear EU accents so there are some of us on there, but my connection is not fibre, so not the fastest.

It's a loving mess but half the time it seems to work in your favor. Just accept that hit detection is absolute garbage for anything in motion and it'll kinda sorta work out.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
These are the tutorial videos I wish a saw before my first day...

HOW TO SURVIVE YOUR FIRST DAY!- SOLO LIFE IS FEUDAL MMO #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ShXQ3sEGo

HOW TO FISH BETTER AND LEVEL FASTER - SOLO LIFE IS FEUDAL MMO #3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCjef9PyRU (Are we doing the quality soil / fishing trick?)

Etc.

I'd skip the very first vid, How To Get Off Newbie Island Fast, as I think reading our OP is better at stating what kinda of character to make best for Goondor. But the best takeaway from this one is players can't kill you while on the island but aggressive animals hanging out near the ferryman do. :tbear:

Should I repost these somewhere on the Discord?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't play LiF solo, just hoof it to Detroit. Anything you could make we've probably got a billion of just from somebody grinding that skill up, and if you want to grind that skill, it's easier with what we've got. (For example, food that isn't poo poo.)

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

PMush Perfect posted:

Don't play LiF solo, just hoof it to Detroit. Anything you could make we've probably got a billion of just from somebody grinding that skill up, and if you want to grind that skill, it's easier with what we've got. (For example, food that isn't poo poo.)

These videos are still great for learning about the game.

Especially concerning the interface.

And helpful for those of us that had spawned on the other side of the map trying to get to Ye Old Detroit.

i.e. Like turning the grass level all the way down takes away most extraneous stuff other than just grass. I'd likely have survived the wolf attack (by not walking right into its path), which wasted my first 20 minutes of trying to get to Goondor.

There is much nuance as to how to do things and why to do things in a certain way that is not necessarily intuitive... and this guy explains this stuff well compaired to all the other videos I've seen so far.

Sure, everyone is helpful in our group, but I like to learn as much as I can on my own first.

Pale Peril fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 16, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
learning is for losers, just get drunk and yell on comms and occasionally shoot a man or a structure

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there structures to shoot in this game? :q:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

Life truly is feudal.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Addamere posted:

Are there structures to shoot in this game? :q:

Our enemies tried to treb down our fort last Saturday but we rained down a million arrows on them and then we torched down a bunch of their buildings at their fort. Oh yes friend, there are structures to shoot.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to set fire to their women and hear the lamentations of their fortresses

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The other day like six of us ran up to where their main base is, burned down someone's house and pretty much clear cut their apple trees.

If no one else is planning on leading another group to do it again tomorrow, I'll do it myself.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

I'm on par with Picasso and Michelangelo in the art department.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Simon Numbers posted:

I'm on par with Picasso and Michelangelo in the art department.

we sacrifice many of our bodies to the animals

it is good they support us in our time of need

Kopitar
May 21, 2009

Walled his keep in, he deleted the keep just as i was about to be able to jump over the walls....

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Is this like that garbage game Wurm Online that goons were obsessed with years back?

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

Virginia Slams posted:

Is this like that garbage game Wurm Online that goons were obsessed with years back?

It's in the first third line of the goddamn OP

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Autism island being upgraded to a satellite base after being liberated from the hands of a dumb pubbie.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
https://gfycat.com/ApprehensiveWelldocumentedFanworms

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Glad to see the Monty Python machine is up and running.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Virginia Slams posted:

Yes and just like Wurm it is absolute dogshit.

boho fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jan 18, 2018

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

boho posted:

Yes and just like Wurm it is absolute dogshit.

right, but it's the best kind of dogshit and the pvp is awesome

PMush Perfect posted:

Glad to see the Monty Python machine is up and running.

To be honest, the cow launcher is probably the one meaningless level 100 skill perk that seems worth it :v:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 18, 2018

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

right, but it's the best kind of dogshit and the pvp is awesome

To be honest, the cow launcher is probably the one meaningless level 100 skill perk that seems worth it :v:

Wait until you see the fountain.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
A few helpful protips for new players using the interface:

Ctrl + F4: Highlights and personally keeps visible all claims, personal and guild. Sometimes you have to refresh it when you move far or swap servers, but overall very helpful for for seeing where claim limits are, and finding distant claims

F3: Brings up heightmap for tiles so you can figure out relative height (always against sea level) and what tiles are flat (green)

F10: Allows you to customize and move around UI elements. Also allows you to extend more hotbar buttons out. Reccomend you move health/stam over your character so you can easily track it during a fight

ctrl + left click: moves items from one open container to your inventory and vice versa

shift + left click: allows splitting stacks of items

right clicking on objects, then right clicking on an action: sets this as the "default" action when mousing over something so you don't have to open the menu everytime

Most combat related buttons are found under "Militia", most general actions are found under "General Actions" in the skill tab

hth

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Alt + F4 immediately and dramatically improves the game. Recommended 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

E is also the default action key, so you can dig and poo poo with a cart inventory open and drop dirt into it and whatnot.