Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
retracted, we found out who the goon loving was, it was the DMNA retard faking messages on discord.

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also retracted

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 20, 2018

Breadbox
Nov 8, 2007

I support party wipes.
If you are reading this and want to play the game because you are an assburger but discouraged because of the 2 or 3 people who elected to quit playing and mine salt in SA forums instead of mining ore in LiF, it is worth understanding that:

-As was mentioned, unless you tank your alignment you can easily raise it high enough that skill loss upon death is either completely negated (with premium only AFAIK) or mostly negligible. So just don't attack neutrals and use prayer ability every in-game day to continue raising alignment. For lvl 90 skills put in a few extra points if your build allows to prevent immediate loss of access to 90 break point abilities.

-Most skills, combat or crafting, are extremely easy to get to 30. Most skills are pretty quick and easy to get to 60. Hitting around 90 and then higher can take a lot more time. If you have 95 Mining and you die with -2 alignment and the RNG sucker punches some points out of that, yeah that sucks. If you want to randomly beat up neutrals for some reason despite being surrounded by hostiles you can fight without penalty, just don't worry about getting high crafting or combat skills. You can do tons of stuff and be extremely effective with 60 or even 30. You just won't be creating high quality crafts or have access to a situationally useful (or maybe totally useless) level 90 combat ability.

A lot of players that focus on melee only keep 30-60 in Slinger (the tier1 ranged skill). You can start with that much and it gives you immediate access to light crossbows which are strong and reliable in pvp. You can use a really solid spear at 30 Spearman (t2 after t1 Militia). The only thing I have heard about the two-hand weapon tree is the bardiche is good. You can use the bardiche with 30 in Vanguard (t2 after t1 Assaulter). Assaulter (t1) can use a hand-and-a-half and 2h sword at 30. Flamberge and zweihaender at 60. You have access to a stronger version of the light xbow at Ranger 0, which unlocks after getting at least Slinger 60 > Archer 30. Slinger t1, Archer t2, Ranger t3.

Outside of Lancers (t3 after Cavalry t1 > Knight t2) most pvp I've seen or heard mentioned doesn't even involve t3 weapons. You can use a lance after getting at least Cavalry 60 > Knight 30, which unlocks Lancer 0. Armor of each tier is unlocked after reaching 30. Most everything of relevance to the vast majority of gameplay falls between skill levels 0 and 60. The tl;dr of this is people seeming annoyed or worried about having to struggle to keep up their skills due to threat of death are mostly exaggerating very severely. Unless you are speccing to be a high level crafter and decide to also run around tanking your alignment. Which might be a bad decision.

But if you like janky games you can be a goof in or shoot mens or spend 3 hours left clicking a rock so you can make a pathetic contribution towards constructing a huge gently caress-off tower, you may enjoy this game. I hope these words that I typed were informative.

Breadbox fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 20, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sir this is a wendys drive thru

do you want fries and a coke or not

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

Quality fan art :v:

Never not quote this, ESG are still mad dumb pubbies that need purging.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lyris you suck please leave ty

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats your avatar text about

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I like how all you guys were blaming me for poo poo when I wasn't even around. Removed my roles and tried to pin poo poo on me. It's a sad day when goons turn on goons.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

forge posted:

I like how all you guys were blaming me for poo poo when I wasn't even around. Removed my roles and tried to pin poo poo on me. It's a sad day when goons turn on goons.

its pretty standard poo poo friend

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Tip for people thinking about buying this: don't buy it on Steam. You can't play it without logging in through Steam, so if you want to go play something else on a different computer while your Asian girl hits a training dummy with a stick for 16 hours, it can't be another Steam game or it kicks your bot off.

e: looks you can unlink your Steam account from the account management page on the website

boho fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 20, 2018

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Our talented artist from a hostile guild made more fan art!

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Who is that girl (trap?) supposed to be?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the girl is the avatar of someone in one of the bigger groups in the game

its all avatars of people who were poo poo talking them in discord

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Everstorm is kinda hugely hosed after today. Everyone knows they are helping the Chinese now.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Weren't the Chinese were loving them as well?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no, everstorm got caught being in cahoots with the big chinese group that everyone hates because they run around burning down all the resources they can

i mean its funny and good griefing but i can see why people get salty

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Our talented artist from a hostile guild made more fan art!

You should inform them they're idiots since the image they used for the chinese horde isn't even a chinese man.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

givepatajob posted:

I feel like I'm going to regret buying this.

It's an MMO with goons, it's always a bad idea (that I spend 3 years doing while making a lot of :shobon: memories).

Is there any spying/meta/renter system/etc in this game? I like the idea of ninjaing around nothing but a crossbow and a codpiece ganking people paying someone else to make money the hard way and building little bolt holes to hide my ill gotten gains in.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Ganson posted:

It's an MMO with goons, it's always a bad idea (that I spend 3 years doing while making a lot of :shobon: memories).

Is there any spying/meta/renter system/etc in this game? I like the idea of ninjaing around nothing but a crossbow and a codpiece ganking people paying someone else to make money the hard way and building little bolt holes to hide my ill gotten gains in.

The couple of guilds we've infiltrated have tried to verify people by steam account and with a screenshot of your character selection screen to verify no other characters in other guilds. So if you have a spare steam account or you made the wise decision to not associate with any goon groups on Steam you should be ok. That being said, most of our major enemies browse this thread so I'd avoid posting any victory brags here.

Ganson
Jul 13, 2007
I know where the electrical tape is!

andromache posted:

The couple of guilds we've infiltrated have tried to verify people by steam account and with a screenshot of your character selection screen to verify no other characters in other guilds. So if you have a spare steam account or you made the wise decision to not associate with any goon groups on Steam you should be ok. That being said, most of our major enemies browse this thread so I'd avoid posting any victory brags here.

I'm thinking more BlackOps and less corp infiltration. I've done corp infiltration but it's horrendously dreary on a main.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Ganson posted:

I'm thinking more BlackOps and less corp infiltration. I've done corp infiltration but it's horrendously dreary on a main.

So there are 3 types of claims in the game.

1) Personal claim. Cannot destroy or interact with objects. Your best bet is to hope they forget to pay for it or you camp/kill them so much they abandon.
2) Town claim. Cannot destroy or interact with objects.
3) Guild claim. Can destroy objects during Judgment Hour.

So by doing blackops, just realize you are limited to stealing whatever you can from the corpses of people you kill. There's not a lot of thievery options outside of corp infiltration and assassination.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ganson posted:

I like the idea of ninjaing around nothing but a crossbow and a codpiece ganking people paying someone else to make money the hard way and building little bolt holes to hide my ill gotten gains in.

This is literally what some of us exclusively did, and have had great success doing.

I'm not sure who is running stuff or doing it right now, as i'm on a special girl kissing mission, but being able to use a crossbow/bow and doing hit and run stuff is super useful and fun.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Delamore takes people out on raids pretty much daily. Most of the time they are quite successful, but last night apparently something went horribly, horribly wrong.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

andromache posted:

Delamore takes people out on raids pretty much daily. Most of the time they are quite successful, but last night apparently something went horribly, horribly wrong.
I legit want to hear about this.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

This is literally what some of us exclusively did, and have had great success doing.

I'm not sure who is running stuff or doing it right now, as i'm on a special girl kissing mission, but being able to use a crossbow/bow and doing hit and run stuff is super useful and fun.

don't forget your printer.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah, what happened?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Buyan Judgement Hours were cancelled this weekend because the servers are insanely garbage and they were afraid that Judgement Hour would crash everything like it usually does (cancelling JH did not help). So instead, we got like 7 of us together and decided to wade into enemy territory and just start attacking people because it's funny. We ran down two naked gather/crafters near an unfinished fort, and within a solid minute or two we had 10+ heavy armor lancers/huscarls bearing down on us with beefy gear, and we got pushed into the unfinished keep and routed.

The theory is that they were nearby and waiting for prepared for the Judgement Hour that got cancelled, that's the only way they could have been on us that fast.

I think most of us got out but we lost a bunch of our horses.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that was also my theory, because they're nowhere near that fast normally

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Was this that unfinished blue house thing across the river?

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

forge posted:

Thats what SA MMOs seem to about these days... RIP 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah eve never had any of that at all :rolleye:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Was this that unfinished blue house thing across the river?

It was on the other side to the east by the land bridge.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah eve never had any of that at all :rolleye:

I mean with any luck Forge could go full Penifsmash and carry a burning ember of pure hatred deep within his heart that still burns bright a decade later.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm thinking about getting another character dedicated to horse and horse accessories since we seem to go through them fast as all hell, debating on Mike Pence for the name.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That you're considering anything other than Sarah Jessica Parker is a travesty and you should be ashamed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

I mean with any luck Forge could go full Penifsmash and carry a burning ember of pure hatred deep within his heart that still burns bright a decade later.

wasnt penif actually kicked? forge just got de officered cause he doesnt even play

also leaking ochat

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I knew I heard the name penifsmash before, googling it, apparently he was in my alliance in eve o. What's this about burning ember of pure hatred? :v:

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
I was dumb enough to fall for this. Also my bad on taking too many bolt stacks I'll return em when I get home

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not only is being a stealthy rogue with a crossbow a viable option, it's our primary fighting style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Goons have elevated fighting naked with a crossbow to an art form

We kill 5 of you, you lose tons of gear which we steal. You kill 5 of us, you get 5 crappy crossbows and 3 bolts :wooper: