Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Those castle walls are legit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How does the building system compare to Wurm? Can i raise and lower manmade mountains? Can i dig an underground road miles long?

You sure can, friend. This game is Wurm with excellent graphics and Mount and Blade combat. If you liked Wurm or M&B, you will absolutely love this.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

VICTORY TO DETROIT! GOONS REIGN!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also, we use discord for text messages and alerts/announcements, but Mumble for voice, so don't think nobody is on or people are ignoring you if noone is in Discord voice :v:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Jfc hahahahaha

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

probably going to jump into this

bringing a couple of non-goon friends too, would it be okay if they jumped in the discord occasionally? our plan is to set up away from Detroit because we like to build on our own, close enough to join in on pillaging shenanigans and to be a sacrificial early warning system/honeypot lol

We kinda have a system for authing non-goons in if you're down to be in the big town, if not feel free to settle nearby. Remember though, you need 10 people for a guild.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Unfortunately can't be on during tonight's JH but something tells me it will go well :getin:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We need to be hitting them every JH to make them think twice about sending away their troops it looks like.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Addamere posted:

Are there structures to shoot in this game? :q:

Our enemies tried to treb down our fort last Saturday but we rained down a million arrows on them and then we torched down a bunch of their buildings at their fort. Oh yes friend, there are structures to shoot.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

E is also the default action key, so you can dig and poo poo with a cart inventory open and drop dirt into it and whatnot.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You chose wisely throwing in with BV, they are some of our closest allies.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We're now probationary members of FU and the Chinese guilds are beginning to encroach on our part of the world, things are heating up and there's never been a better time to join. We got the gear, the food, the skills, the base- all we need are more troops!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

forge posted:

So grease told some dude in fu about hax and got a bunch of dudes banned.. wow. Haven't laughted this hard in a while. Also bobik writing a script to catch chewy. I almost feel like..

That is 100% not how it went down, that's not how a bunch of dudes got banned. They knew about the exploit because several other groups independently discovered it, who knows what led the devs to ban the people they banned because it was scattershot as gently caress.

forge posted:

"I know these dudes, i played with them in another lovely game. We should move down here so we can be bros with these guys I know. OK well lets join their alliance."

they can get hosed.. probationary members lol. Do we have to come to at least 2 raids a week or we're out?

oh I'm sorry I forgot nobody wants to pvp or anything with the cool people we like to pvp with who have the same enemies we do with absolutely no requirement other than don't trade with alliance enemies :psyduck:

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 19, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

On this point I disagree:

Their targeting was pretty pointed

I would argue they knew where and how to look, once it was explained how to duplicate to a third party.

iirc it was being discussed on reddit too though

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Simple padded caps sell for a lot of money for little resource or skill, try that.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Everstorm is kinda hugely hosed after today. Everyone knows they are helping the Chinese now.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah, what happened?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Was this that unfinished blue house thing across the river?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I'm thinking about getting another character dedicated to horse and horse accessories since we seem to go through them fast as all hell, debating on Mike Pence for the name.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not only is being a stealthy rogue with a crossbow a viable option, it's our primary fighting style.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I have eschewed the crossbow for the lance, nothing is more satisfying than getting an 80+ dmg piercing hit followed up by punting the guy ten feet in the air. :black101:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We've established a solid beachhead on Hyperion island, a couple of brave Detroit soldiers along with Blood Vikings fought back 4 waves of about 15 Hyperion each and utterly demolished them, taking 500 stones worth of loot in total. They were shattered so hard they never attempted to contest the foothold again, and now there's solid fortifications going up. Apparently the king/count of Wessex died almost immediately. We only took about 4 casualties among our 15 or so total.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

how are they doing stability wise, i thought there was a shitload of people leaving because they're trying to make everyone dig a seawall

Well, I'd put it this way: they can still muster enough dudes at any given time to run off a small raiding party, but aren't strong enough to fight back a dedicated, skilled force of 15-20 people. It's a much different story than that first JH we participated in where it was like 75 vs 75.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Also BDO is anime trash

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

In LIF you can use wicker baskets and various pieces of fine furniture to siege ladder into enemy bases.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Nearly up to 60 animal lore on my new alt so I can help replace all the warhorses I lose like a dingus in battle.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Good news! They added some rudimentary siege ladders! And made melee hit detection better!

Bad news! They made the nature's lore grind loving Awful!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Please stop killing unguilded randos without at least asking who they are first.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You only need like 8 people with siege torches bashing a gate to bring it down within 2 minutes, trebs are overkill for that.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ahhh. In that case, why not both? :v:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Equate posted:

Fighting a giant zerg like that they have the manpower to keep the gate repaired, I think the majority of us didn't think it would have been a problem. There needs to be more testing, more logistics, and more planning on trebbing stuff.

Almost wonder if it'd be worth attempting to scale the walls with the movable stairs to keep the repairers occupied long enough to bring down the gate, but if they have a lot that's very dangerous.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

I'm not too familiar with the mechanics. Do they have to be right behind or next to the gate to repair it? Can you throw naphta pots at the gate, and will the fire go through the gate affecting those who are behind it repairing it? or no?

You can't throw them through the gate and the AOE damage isn't enough to really be a problem for them (if it would even clip through the gate that far). Realistically you're going to have to interrupt the repairers somehow either with extreme angle volley ability (maybe not possible?) or getting dudes to scale the walls on movable stairs to brawl at the gate to keep their repairers from being able to repair, which is dangerous unless you can get a lot of guys inside.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sup vanguard lancer buddy

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Man I wish I coulda made that IB, looked fun as hell.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

He'd need to do that anyway in order to read the pgs thread where all the really damning stuff gets posted anyway

edit your post

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Today we sent some brave Goon knights to assist allies in the north against a horde of Chinese players. When we arrived, we realized that it was a group of French and Japanese players fighting Brazilians and Chinese, and everyone had us set to enemy due to a standings bug. We were also outnumbered about 4 to 1. Some of us died, but we somehow ended up routing the enemy completely.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

The four quality food is running low, the crafters are starting to get DESPerate.

Electronic old men, ruling Buyan.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 7, 2018

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Not today! We stuffed the fob full of horses won as war booty.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fallout posted:

If we wanted to, we could probably get prepared and do it to another clan next weekend.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Tell him to join the forums, there is actually a goon group that plays that game I think.