Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Right now my biggest problem is I can't stop thinking about what I could spend money on if I wasn't on this drat budget. I really want a chore coat so I can stop wearing ill-fitting button downs just because they have a chest pocket for my pens. So I spent an inordinate amount of time yesterday trying to pick out the perfect one for when I do have the money. I put on my calendar to revisit it in two weeks and hopefully I can take it off my mind until then. I still won't be able to buy it then, but I can look forward to doing more research.
I'm glad that you have the self-awareness to realize these emotions and not act on them. Like any addiction, shopping addictions are a problem when they get out of hand... and you don't have much leeway, so you're already out of hand with purchases you can't afford. Are you like this in other aspects of your life? Do you overeat on junk food? Do you get high too much or too often? Do you binge on video games when you should be doing work?

Identifying the commonalities of your cravings can help you figure out ways to avoid falling into them. If you don't overeat, why? What's different about that versus buying things? Are there strategies you use to avoid smoking too much that you can use to avoid buying too much? A lot of this is mental work, and if you can analyze your mental patterns, you can improve on them.

Also don't freeze glass containers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I wanted to come bearing good news, I failed. I've been feeling pretty down since I failed to complete grade 12 English because of some sadbrain stuff. So I'm not taking English 110, or any university credits this semester and I don't think I'm cut out for much academically, at least until I change something. I'm looking at more vocational career paths, like coding or graphic design.

Oh yeah man, you definitely can't do anything with bullshit skills like coding. I mean, you might eke out a living but everyone knows the real money goes to people who can get a bachelor's degree in English. Might as well pack it in!

moana
Jun 18, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Still spending more than I earn.
Cut up your loving credit cards, boom, no more magic free money for you to spend. There are people who can use credit responsibly, and then there is you.

Post your resume here.

What jobs are you applying for this week?