Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i'm sykesed for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the true tragedy of syria is all the bad posts its produced
toxic posting is the new red line

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Assyria: invented iron warfare
Syria: invented meme warfare

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
turkey invading kurdistan and killing anyone that moves will also destabilize the region

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
nothing short of armed troops is going to prevent a turkish invasion, there's no diplomatic promise from them on the issue that can be trusted, because that's how much they hate kurds

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what odds do you put on native kurdish forces repelling a fully armed turkish invasion, operating under a rules of engagement that's basically 'we don't care about kurdish civilians'

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
this isn't like repelling the abu hajaar brigade, we're talking a modern force

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what makes you think turkey, the same country that had a supply line for ISIS running over it's border for basically the entirety of the war, had a genuine interest in fighting ISIS

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
and the basis of necessity is exactly the threat of a turkish invasion, so it's far from 'beside the point', you could say it's incredibly relevant

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
what is it with technicals

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
also no armor

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
If your mounting an anti-infantry gun on the technical, the expectation is that you'll be using it on enemy emplacements, and therefore close enough to encounter return fire. Having no armor means its worthless for that role, because any returning fire will disable/destroy it.

using it to transport is obvs. fine, but its not a replacement for a proper mech-infantry vehicle. Its dumb.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
God drat, israel has a knack for just making the dumbest moves ever.

Just nakedly grabbin territory from another country in a civil war.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The real question is why putin thinks he needs plausible deniability

Whats the point, really

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Im the selfie

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
That has to be one of the worst tweets of all time

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
edit: post was wrong

rudatron has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Apr 14, 2018

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yeah considering that the US aegis system shot down an airliner i'm not sure they have a leg to stand on

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I have been following closely the reports of The Mod Title Changes in The Syria Thread, conducted by D&D. There’s an obligation, particularly when dealing with matters of jokes and content, to act consistently with the Forum Rules and with forum culture in general. The Forum Rules are very clear on these issues. The Moderators have primary responsibility for the maintenance of shitposting. I call on the members of the Moderators Group to unite and exercise that responsibility. I urge all Mods to show restraint in these dangerous circumstances and to avoid any acts that could escalate the situation and worsen the suffering of the Syria thread shitposters.

Any use of "Assad the lion" memes is abhorrent. The suffering it causes is horrendous. I have repeatedly expressed my deep disappointment that the Moderators failed to agree on a dedicated mechanism for effective accountability for the use of Assad memes in Syria threads. I urge the Moderators to assume its responsibilities and fill this gap. I will continue to engage with posters to help achieve this objective.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
u guys are just jealous he gets paid to post now

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

HorrificExistence posted:

americans arent cosmopolitan enough to form complex group identity
What the gently caress

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Rissia is way less involved than in afghanistan and Assad will survive. I cant see any of the various non-sunnis ever abandoning him, and i cant see sunni extremists exterminating all non-sunnis.

Whats in qiestion is whether or not he'll retain control of all of syria. The kurds are gonna put up a hard fight and are probably open to some diplomatic deal involving confederation/special status for their territories or some such, but the former isis areas may be ungovernable ala the waziristan in Pakistan

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted him to explain what he meant in that post i quoted

Like i don't follow the logic

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The people ethnic cleansing are isis and the 'moderate' rebels. Assad couldn't cleanse the sunnis even if he wanted to - his brutality is a function of attempting to assert control. Its not the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
If its chlorine then is more likely to be the rebels themselves, because its easy to manufacture but not that great a chemical weapon in the first place.