Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Now were talkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dairy Days posted:

how about 10000 advisors

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol he ends by interviewing the likely target of those strikes

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

if you had a time machine that could take you to like a few months before the protests in syria broke out, would you:

a) try to talk the protestors out of it. "okay guys i know this poo poo sucks and all, but you just have to lie down and take it. it's for your own good. of course i know better than you loving selfish dipshits, gently caress you"

or

b) try to convince Assad that he actually needs to call his buddies in Russia and get them to back an immediate, maximum escalation. brutally crush the insurgents before they can gain momentum. "look buddy yeah you're gonna catch a shitload of diplomatic heat and you're probably gonna get economic sanctions and maybe even some noises about crimes against humanity but it's for your own good. of course i know better than you you loving selfish dipshit, gently caress you"

?

(or maybe some comedy c) option like convince obama and putin to jointly mediate the dispute so it doesn't erupt into a crisahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this would never work)

I would tell Assad the names of the cia funded agitators and then go to Libya with Caro

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assad would win a free election

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
death to turkey/alqaeda

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What is Turkey's pretext to invade Afrin???

And doesn't Israel completely control Golan, so if Assad went into it they might consider that "agressive"

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/worldonalert/status/958727248403730433

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Human Grand Prix posted:

F-35 squads will be destroyed by the international date line.

lol

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im practicing the sound of atgm systems firing and im getting pretty good

[bhhhg] SSFFfffffffff fffffffffeewwwww

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karl Barks posted:

lol, okay i thought the FSA was the same thing as the SDF, shows how much i know

The sdf is a """"coalition""" dominated by the ypg.

Since the ypg is linked to the pkk which is branded as a terrorist group, the state department (or cia- I forget which one supports the Kurds and which one supports al qaeda ) wasn't allowed to fund and arm them without rebranding them. So speaking practically, SDF = YPG

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she is perfect
https://twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/961423810669961216

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Pro-Assad militias attacked SDF positions in the Deir-ez-Zor countryside 12 hours ago, then the US and SAA exchanged shellings and airstrikes. Could just be a flash in the pan, Assadist militias testing SDF strength while forces are drawn to Afrin. Might be the start of something bigger.

seems normal

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willie Tomg posted:

my favorite is how we're all on the internet right now. right now if youre reading these words, you can also look up most of the information humankind has ever known with a few keystrokes. but when any discussion gets going there's a peanut gallery of screeching retards upset the parade of embedded tweets got interrupted because somehow they've been using computers for years yet never developed the ability to seek out information independently.

dont sign the posts in which you doxx me

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prav posted:

since when were nato anti-dictators

since when did nato care about european interests

europe is near the mediterranean sea which is full of american oil boats

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so as of a few days ago the US is in a shooting war with turkey and with the syrian government right

its going to be funny when erdogan shells an american sdf adviser and trump has to react to it

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/red-alert-sirens-sound-heavy-aerial-activity-in-northern-israel-1.5806508
The Israeli army said Saturday morning that it intercepted an Iranian drone launched from Syria into Israeli territory. In response to the provocation, the IDF attacked Iranian targets in Syria. 

Two Israeli Air Force pilots ejected from their fighter jet during the strike. The plane went down in northern Israel. The two pilots were taken to the hospital in stable condition.

Edit: footage of the incident
https://youtu.be/KjnR_J4zTGI

paul_soccer10 has issued a correction as of 15:03 on Feb 10, 2018

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
re: turkey in afrin

quote:

The Turkish Medical Association stated that the war could end in large-scale human tragedy to which Erdogan responded by calling the doctors of the association "filth", "agents of imperialism", and "terrorist lovers".[141] The Turkish interior ministry then opened an investigation into the association.[141] At least eleven doctors were then arrested.[142] Erdogan stated that the association will lose it "Turkish" tag in its official name and clarified that the organization "will not be able to use the notion of Turkishness, nor the name Turkey." He then added: "This institution has nothing to do with Turkishness and nothing about them is worthy of the notion of Turkishness."[143]

:ironicat: :borat:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel has occupied the Golan Heights for as long as they've occupied the West Bank. They haven't grabbed any territory as of yet. But the SAA could, if they wanted to, rain down rockets and artillery on the Golan settlements.

That would be cool

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope lots die

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
America sux

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hear ghouta is almost free

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wonder why south korea doesn't want to buy any of those awesome defense systems!!!!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this guy was on democracy now a few years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPZeXJPJmUA
MIT guy

edit: two part interview https://www.democracynow.org/2014/7/31/iron_dome_or_iron_sieve_evidence

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Like very soon"

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
US accuses SAA and Russia, Assad denies it was him

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

trump's gonna move up the bombing of syria to tonight so he doesn't have to watch fox and friends talk about his lawyer's office getting raided tomorrow morning

honestly, probably yeah

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
israel just killed a bunch of iranians in syria

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:yikes:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/BBassem7/status/984084552015474688
Lindsay Graham next to bring the curse upon his own head

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero posted:

Cool that the alt-right is eating itself, not cool that we are on the brink of murdering thousands of innocent people.

O
M
E
L
E
T
T
E

LATERZ~

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you can tell assad is a genuine arab nationalist because he has the unequivocal support of westerners who want to genocide arabs

Western power structures have always supported radical Islam over Arab nationalism?????????? ??

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To keep Arabs divided????????? ?????

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's gunna chicken out

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metal Cat posted:

Any new developments? The thread was fairly informative/good until page 21.

No, ppl are arguing w a troll

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This time they will fire SIXTY cruise missiles at an empty asphalt runway

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be so cool if Russia blew up some US hardware

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SHOOT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yandat posted:

death to america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SHOOT Back!!!!! I want to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!