Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

god bless the Russian Air Force in its noble struggle to free the mosques, schools and hospitals of Syria from the clutches of the imperialists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Eox posted:

I know this isn't a question with a sane answer but why does the turkish government hate kurds so much? Is it land, an ancient feud with a dumbshit reason or something of the sort?

Turkey used to have a huge empire that got broken up after WWI, the last chunk of non-Turkish majority territory left is Turkish Kurdistan in the south-eastern corner of the country. The Kurds want out, the Turks don't want to let them leave.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

wonder how long it will take for insignia-less, turkish-speaking 'Syrian rebels' wearing turkish uniforms, driving turkish vehicles, and carrying weapons to appear in extremely turkish combat against the ypg

commonly known as "the dirty donbass"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

rudatron posted:

what is it with technicals

the machine gun isn't the only thing the technicals have going for them, they're also a cheap way to motorize infantry. the weapons mounted on them aren't portable enough to carry around on foot if you aren't sylvester stallone, so mobile forces put them to use on trucks.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

rudatron posted:

If your mounting an anti-infantry gun on the technical, the expectation is that you'll be using it on enemy emplacements, and therefore close enough to encounter return fire. Having no armor means its worthless for that role, because any returning fire will disable/destroy it.

there are more uses for an armed vehicle than assaulting static positions. in a fight between a technical with a gun and a truck without one the one with the gun wins, and even heavy machine guns can be un-mounted from the truck if necessary

cruisin' for my 72 waifus

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

quote:

You know, it can be difficult to remain true to your deepest convictions and live life on your own terms. But I think we can all agree, it’s always better to be yourself and follow your dreams rather than end up with a lifetime of regret for all the things you didn’t do. It’s easy to lose sight of what’s really important, and those are the times when you have to turn inward, to an unshakeable place deep within you, and remind yourself that worrying about what other people think of your war crimes is no way to spend your all-too-short time on this planet.

It’s human nature to try to please people, but you shouldn’t let others make your decisions for you. If you rely too much on the validation of others, you may never feel confident enough to open up that small business, go skydiving, or authorize sarin gas attacks against your own people. You have to do these things for yourself and no one else, and if mass atrocities are what’s truly in your heart, why should it matter what other people say?

Look at it this way: If you spend all your time fretting over what someone thinks about the genocidal acts you’re trying to commit, you’ll never get around to committing them!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

the spokesman talking about giving up arms seems foolish in the extreme

what is the state of a lot of ancient syria these days after ISIS blew lots of it up?

there are various restoration projects planned or underway. restoring palmyra has been complicated by the fact that the SAA repeatedly lost control of the city and had to retake it from ISIS

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

in extremely-not-targetting-hospitals news, pro-regime jets hit a cave hospital in hama with five separate missiles

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Tokamak posted:

it's coming right for us

Russian pilots are under a lot of pressure what with getting shot down constantly so you really can’t blame them for mistaking a featureless patch of ground for a terrorist and reflexively quintuple-tapping it with bunker busting munitions

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the russians have accused turkey of being the source of the manpads

with that said

Plutonis posted:

With this Ivan being shot down the 300 millions in manpads and heavy weaponry donated to moderate salafists have finally brought dividends

unironically

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

russia is an austria-hungary tier great power at best, really more of a regional power with delusions of grandeur and an oversized peacetime military

this is not the first russian aircraft to get shot down in syria

the PRC's airforce is definitely worse in technical respects, they're still dependent on russian jet engines for even their new 'domestic' military aircraft

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

favourite russian aviation fact is how mig-25s in remote bases were constantly out of commission because the pilots and aircrew kept drinking the radar coolant

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

the resemblance... uncanny

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

she's a neonazi

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/CustosDivini/status/962622547035611137

:irony:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Crowsbeak posted:

Territory largely occupied by Wahabis, who have never held a grudge against Israel ever.

if the israelis want to do something about all the "wahabis" that live there your previous posts itt might provide some advice

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

While you were busy having premarital sex, I studied the Lion

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

a devastating blow to partisangirl’s credibility

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

THS posted:

drat fallen hamprince is here too? another totally normal guy who immediately slithers over to cspam to gloat over a planeful of dead iranians because a couple posters didnt have sufficient deference to weirdo imperialist apologists and self-appointed airplane experts

please, i never slither. it’s much more of a waddling motion.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/maxblumenthal/status/1215761363860983809?s=21

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Dreylad posted:

the experts who i heard interviewed said that we should wait for the forensics report to be certain of anything but I guess I should just throw that expert opinion out and embrace the Narrative

While I disagree in this case, I will concede that, in general, there are a lot of reasons to be skeptical of the Iranian government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the official position of the navy is that its iran's fault the vincennes shot down the airliner

that airliner was coming right at them. they felt threatened, and stood their ground