Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
i support the fsa, you islamaphobes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Eox posted:

I know this isn't a question with a sane answer but why does the turkish government hate kurds so much? Is it land, an ancient feud with a dumbshit reason or something of the sort?

they only hate syrian and turkish. Iraqi kurds are puppets on the americans and trained by the turks.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Turkish government hatess Kurds because they refuse to be Turks, which was a big problem for them because most other Anatolian minorities were ethnically cleansed by Ataturk to make a Turkish nation-state. The Anatolian Greeks are all gone because they either adopted Turkish names and started speaking Turkish or they fled to Greece, but the Kurds are concentrated enough to resist forced assimilation. The Turkicization campaign was so thorough, that when France forked over a big chunk of Syrian coastline as a gift to keep Turkey from joining the Axis, they went in and renamed every Arab town and street with Turkish names.

Turkey and greece are two especially fictional nations, created by the french and british to literal larp as classical kings.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Turkey used to have a huge empire that got broken up after WWI, the last chunk of non-Turkish majority territory left is Turkish Kurdistan in the south-eastern corner of the country. The Kurds want out, the Turks don't want to let them leave.

Why do they support Iraqi Kurds?

maybe it has something to do with communism

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

At the speed Olive Branch is going, Turkey will seize the claimed security corridor in cool 80 years or so.

idk, im always skeptical that their goal is taking land. They seem find sitting pretty and just killing a lot of kurds.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
The truth is they are just moving slowly, today's attack was a definitive Kurdish victory, but the Turks are still winning in Afrin.

Part of the reason it looks like they are not is because the grogs who make the maps of this conflict use a "zone of control" depiction, something that was invented in WW1 to show the very specific situation on the western front.

There is a reason why zone of control maps were not used for the Napoleonic wars. They only make sense when you have a definitive front that moves back and forth, those don't exist anywhere in this war.

A band of Turkish-backed infantry walk into a town, they leave in the night, a band of YPG walk into it next, they leave at morning. A Kurdish anti-tank gun takes out a technical, a Turkish airstrike blows up three YPG. That is the "intensity" of the Afrin op. There is not nearly a big enough concentration of forces to warrant the type of maps used for the region.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

aphid_licker posted:

Wonder how many voluntourists the Kurds have to send home for being too weird. IS iirc would just make them blow themselves up.

pisspig talked about a group of american "isis killer" type conservatives being sent home after refusing to join in a lenin study group and not realizing the YPG was a communist organisation. Also there was apperently a guy who got sent home for cannibalism.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
hope fascist assad eats a tomahawk

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
I seriously don't get why leftists are against intervention.

Syrian regime dying= good

Russian Fascists dying= Excellent

American jets getting blasted leading to a forever war that will ready the world for the final and decisive battle =Quite excellent

literally no reason to be against this

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Wow dude you sound super smart

why do leftists support fascists

it boggles the mind

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
american 3rd worldists

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

really queer Christmas posted:

why do leftists hate war? it boggles the mind!!

How does one end war? I'm against the Bolshevik revolution because it was just making more war!

We need to destroy this world, friends. Violence is nothing but a tool.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
noted neo-con, woody guthrie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKVnur5DkdI

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

comedyblissoption posted:

how does it feel to be dumber than tucker carlson lol

if you're not getting minimum 7 figgies out of the military industrial complex or oil interests by bombing syria you are just a useful idiot

nice job valuing human existence you loving boot-licker

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

good luck with your revolution without war.

Revolutions need widows, orphans, terror.

What are 15 million dead people to the unborn future billions?

For the sake of Humanity, Support the Armageddon war!

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

bearbaiter posted:

why dont leftists support another million+ deaths in another middle east country??? why isnt everyone an accelerationist???

valuing pre-revolutionary life

lol

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

bearbaiter posted:

lol comparing syria to nazi germany and 1930s USA to 2018 USA

morality of it doesn't matter. WW2 functioned to bring the sans-culottes to their apex

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
think of the spectacle as well

mass death broadcast live over the internet

it is fulfillment of our future

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

maybe you should go back to d&d where you can gloat about how great libya turned out

3 dead ameribots

this is bad?

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

you've lived through how many instances of war propaganda now and you're still falling for it? lol

dead amerithings

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

it's more convincing when they smash type ON HIS OWN PEOPLE in all caps

https://twitter.com/workersworld/status/984461624231723009
why would assad do such a thing... TO HIS OWN PEOPLE

Honestly, I think the chemical attack happened and it was justified for assad.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
What better way to show your absolute sovereignty, and the inability for the west to stop you.

Plus, sunnis aren't assad's "own people"

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
1st off, I think there is nothing particularly bad about using chemical weapons. No worse than incendiary bombs, for example. Either the west does nothing, showing Assad's authority (derived from a Weberian definition) or they blow up some dirt. It's a gamble that I think will pay off.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

GoluboiOgon posted:

terror bombing - the most leftist of practices

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

how can someone be this dumb??

being against terror bombing is loving stupid

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
srsly give me one reason why this is a bad idea?

It's time to confront and destroy the largest supporter of fascism on the planet, Russia.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

i hope there’s an accidental gas explosion at your house and you get third degree burns, permanent scarring and you breathe through a tube for the rest of your miserable existence

Why do you support colonists and fascists.

The Alawites are a colonial ruling class, remnants of French power.

The uprising against them was to install nativist democracy. Western leftists, largely being racists, saw the whiter Alawites as a "civilized" ruling race in contrast to the Muslim nativists and working-class revolutionaries.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Karl Barks posted:

which is why the US must invade and install the muslim nativists as a puppet government

You'd rather see an apartheid continue than launch a war against it?

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

i hope your family is in your house too, when it explodes, so while you’re in a full body cast in the hospital you get a chance to reflect on the concept of loss

Hope you reflect on the 300k that Assad's racial regime has killed.

Glad you hate the US more than you care about real people.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
America just needed to support more radical parties. If America armed orthodox islamists, the Assad regime could have been destroyed and a natavist Islamic republic established.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Thanks for treating us to your ongoing manic episode

I'm not the one fantasizing my maiming by fire.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Russia: Carpet bombing working-class suburbs to prop up an unpopular colonist regime.

Truly the leftist party in this

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

what do you think happens when america starts dropping bombs you stupid bitch

Russia stops dropping napalm on cities?

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Those poor Syrian airforce pilots!!

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

yeah the situation will deescalate from there, for sure my dude

And your version of "deescalation" is just Assad killing all Sunnis in syria?

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Peace can only be secured in Syria with the establishment of an Islamic republic that removes the colonial class. This has nothing to do with the US, not everything is about your president.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

And your version of “deescalation” is just Saddam killing all Shia and Kurds in Iraq?

No but you'd be against america intervening to protect the Kurds?

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Russian and Iran have already intervened in a bigger way than the US would. I still have faith that the Islamists will prevail over the fascists and colonizers. I see no reason why people would be against this besides racism and Islamophobia

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Yandat posted:

im against it because im gay
nice islamophobia

im a jew, I won't move to the Islamic Republic of Syria.

But if you support Russia's war in Syria to export your version of human rights, you might as well be an imperialist.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Now let me be clear, I hate the US, it is a hive of decadence that must face dissolution. But, that doesn't mean it can't use its violence in furtherance of anti-imperialist aims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
woops

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/984789066569998338