Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Serena Williams isn't playing because she sucked rear end after her return from making a baby with Reddit's co-founder.

This is also my girl Elina Svitolina's first slam as the betting favorite.

https://ausopen.com/

The first slam of the year begins on Monday, January 15 and ends on Sunday, January 28. Subtract 16 hours for U.S. Eastern Time.

TV coverage starts at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2 on opening day but 9 p.m. thereafter due to college basketball. Fortunately, you can watch full tournament coverage when it starts at 7 p.m. every day at http://www.watchespn.com. The AO website and app also offer radio streams which are very good.

Draws

Top 8 Men's Betting Favorites
Roger Federer 15/8
Rafael Nadal 9/2
Novak Djokovic 5/1
Grigor Dimitrov 10/1
Alexander Zverev 14/1
Juan Martin Del Potro 14/1
Nick Kyrgios 14/1
David Goffin 16/1

Top 8 Women's Betting Favorites
Elina Svitolina 15/2
Karolina Pliskova 8/1
Simona Halep 8/1
Caroline Wozniacki 10/1
Angelique Kerber 11/1
Garbine Muguruza 11/1
Maria Sharapova 12/1
Julia Goerges 16/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

fancyclown posted:

Carebear just won Sydney. She played rear end like all of 2017 but this will be her year. New coach Wim Fissette will improve her poo poo serve. Gonna check the odds on her winning it all..
I mean, she won 2 slams in 2016. Not sure how much more of her year 2018 can be.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That's Makarova on the right though???

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Scylo posted:

There's news stories saying it's nearly 70 degrees Celsius on court? Seems a bit hot for tennis
Yeah, court temps hit 150*F today. Air temps were "only" 104*F.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 18, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

spamman posted:

Giorgi in the Sydney International and now the Aus Open has been some ridiculous power hitting. There are some crosscourt winners from behind the baseline that are nuts.
Giorgi has always been that way but she’s reining in the UEs now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cornflakes posted:

Tennys Sandgren tho
Stan was basically at 40%. Doesn’t count.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Just lol if you’re not watching Dimitrov/Kyrgios. Insane power tennis and athleticism going on. M

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is Djokovic the Tiger Woods of tennis?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

To be fair, the Wimbledon players’ lounge is probably nicer than her hotel :v:.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mertens played the match of her life. She’s gonna get steamrolled by Wozniacki next round 6-2 6-1

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tennys Sandgren is an Nazi piece of poo poo and I hope he gets triple bagled.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Madison lol Keys

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

American tennis players are loving garbage. Also they have bad political opinions
See also: Coco Vandeweghe

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

"Researching angles"??? On what planet does pizzagate make any sense. This fuckwit, like all other alt right fuckwits, regurgitate other poo poo other alt righters have made up.

This baby can't even defend his own views as he he doesn't even understand them.

See also: Ryan Harrison
Wait, Ryan Harrison is also MAGA? Suddenly I feel less bad for him for all those lovely slam draws.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tonight's semifinal is gonna be crap. Fed is gonna roll over Chung in straights.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

Tonight's semifinal is gonna be crap. Fed is gonna roll over Chung in straights.
Technically I was right.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cilic gonna take down Olderer just like he did in the 2014 US Open semis.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Women's final is live!!!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It’s a really even matchup, the WTA version of Nadal vs Djokovic.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Maximum hype, 3rd and final set.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Woza had way more energy than Halep and that’s what made the difference. Hale was more offensive but had been on court for an extra match worth of time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I unironically think Simona’s non-moisture wicking dress played a role in her loss. #dressgate

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lid posted:

Federer likely to get the 1/4 to kick off his dream of Rod Laver calender again.
He actually has a legit chance since all the people who could beat him on clay are injured: Nadal, Djokovic, Wawrinka, and Murray.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sodium Chloride posted:

Will Federer bother playing clay? Federer is saving his energy for important events and clay is harsh on the body. He isn't going to play a full calendar.
Clay is easier on the body that hardcourt wtf

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I may have had 7 drinks tonight but you bet your rear end I’m staying awake for slam #20.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Here we loving go!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

He has skinny arms, nothing to see here, move along.
Curious how he magically started winning everything in 2003, then the injury problems came. :thunk:

• Locked thread