Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Here's a question that I don't think has been addressed before (or at least I missed it)--what knives would you suggest for explicitly for gift purposes? By which I mean something that's:

- definitely stainless
- visually striking. Like damascus-style etching, nashiji finishes, nice wood handles, that sort of thing.
- able to hold an edge pretty well even if the owner maybe isn't getting it sharpened as often as they could be.
- still a decent value, so maybe not the DALSTRONG-style scam knives

This seems to keep coming up when people ask me for suggestions, and the best answer I've been able to give is to wait for a sale on Shun damascus stuff (I did buy a Shiro Kamo R2 for my parents a few years back, but those are a bit out of a lot of people's price ranges). Does anyone have a better idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU