Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Ranter posted:

youtube has ads?

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Is this a good deal? I am sure these cut the exact same as the less expensive models but I don't mind paying a little more for rosewood handles if it means the knives feel higher quality when you hold them.

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-S...victorinox&th=1

Right now the only knives we have are Cutco ones from the demo set I used when I sold them for a couple of months 18 years ago. The others are cheap garbage we picked up at the store over the years. I am looking to get a few decent knives because I am tired of it being so hard to cut vegetables with the ones we have. I don't even really need all those knives or anything. My wife is vegetarian, we live in Japan (where beef is really expensive), and I mostly eat fish and chicken. I want versatile knives and something to put them in since I don't have a place to hang a thing with magnets. Budget is ~250 usd or under.

(Also I have a US mailing address and can shop on Amazon or whatever other site people buy knives from.)

Just buy knives in Japan unless you really don't like Japanese knives. I have friends there and they've told me prices on CTKG are significantly higher than buying the same knives actually in Japan.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I just got a gyuto from the Masamoto Tsukiji store on my trip to Tokyo. It's very nice.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

All of my stainless steel knives are magnetic.