Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

My god, it's full of :jeb:!

Ror posted:

SubG made a bunch of posts about cheap chinese cleavers earlier this year.

I got this one (SBZ 210-1) that's $23 at Aliexpress and it's been great so far. They have a huge selection of similar Chinese knives that are pretty solid for the price.

Just grabbed one of these too ended up being less than :20bux: with a coupon. Had been eyeing a CCK for a long time but couldn't stomach the price increase. Looking forward to it showing up in a couple weeks after I've forgotten about it and being surprised. You're welcome future me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

Have a small 5 pocket knife roll that mostly use for car camping with an old Victorinox chef/pairing knifes, a thin fish turner and some tongs. Nothing I'd care about losing and that's kind of the kitchen go bag for travel or staying with someone where there's going to be cooking done and don't know/trust their stuff. It's pretty small and easy to jam in a bag/suitcase. Listed dimensions when closed are 19.5"L x 5.25"W x 1"D to give an idea on size.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

Mine showed up in the mail today. Haven't used it yet but no chips or anything on the edge. Handle could use a little oil though. When it comes time to touch up the edge what angle should I be looking at? Treat it like a nakiri?

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

Both of those look pretty much identical to the one from Ali for slightly cheaper depending on coupons and without the wait.

biggfoo
Sep 12, 2005

Have a pair of messermeister ones and like them well enough, come completely apart etc. Looks pretty similar to the oxo which are hard to go wrong with