Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Initial D is boring as hell, I've still got nostalgia for it and love Eurobeat but god Takumi is just such a boring protag.

I honestly enjoyed wangan midnight more as it comes off more as a car person anime where Initial D just seems like very boring shonen but with cars.

There are a tonne of interesting looking car manga, but none of them are translated. I'd love to be able to read stuff like shakotan boogie.

I did try reading a couple chapters of MF Ghost, which is Shuichi Shigeno's current manga but again the protag is just pretty much Takumi v2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
This sort of stuff was going on up until a few years ago when Japan cracked down on it. I think now quite a few of the roads featured in Initial D now have humps and centre dividers on the corners to stop people drifting em.

I kinda liked the original goofy looking character designs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I tried watching the remakes and instantly stopped when I found out there was no eurobeat haha.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You should just watch battle stage 1&2 which is pretty much just all the racing bits, although there isn't one for the final part.

• Locked thread